MGSV: The Phantom Pain - PC System Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Konami has revealed Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's PC system requirements. According to the Japanese company, players will need at least an Intel Core i5-4460 with 4GB of RAM, a 64-bit operat...

MGSV: The Phantom Pain - PC System Requirements

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    *lets out sigh of relief*

Cant wait.

3. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    hat does it mean? amd owners cant play ??

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The game was probably created on Nvidia based workstations and considering Nvidia is giving the game away with gpus, I wouldn't be surprised if Konami haven't tested the game on AMD gear yet.

Should get an updated list closer to release.

5. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    another witcher 3... btw i dont get it why they dont care about amd gamers.. this way it the pc gaming will go down.. see i think gaming on ps4 is way better. i know pc is a way better platform. even i m a pc fan. but even my two 290x cant push witcher 3 smoothly at 5670 by 1080. people might say its very hardware intensive bla bla. i played the game on ps4 and pc parallel. ps4 is smooth like hell even with the 30 fps or 900p or what so ever. this way the pc gaming wil go down soon. nvidia is not understanding how big fall that will be for them. may be in the future they will get back into consoles. but only selling console gpus or apus they wont be able to make enough profit. nvidia is a cheap company becaz of that Chinese ceo.. n i **** on them for this.. they stop supporting cards a generation old like now 780ti is a **** now. 7970 till a promising card but look at 680.

6. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    But how much pixels is emotions?

7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Deep.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    1. Witcher 3 is a ****tyly optimized engine.
    2. 5670x1080. I think you're over estimating the power of your cards there buddy. I dont know why everyone is buying into this 4k crap so soon. GPUs are simply not up to it yet with the majority of games and maxed settings. I suppose you've 16xAA applied also :rolleyes:
    3. Nvidia keeps support for their old gen cards. I've not needed to upgrade for anything as driver support is top notch as always and games havnt really budged in terms of visuals for the last few years now. Bar W3, GTAv, I really dont see the point, and those games simply dont keep my attention.

9. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    nvidia was giving arkham knight away free also and look at the mess that game is, i wouldnt get too excited about the pc port just yet it you could need titan X sli just to run it 60 fps at 1080p wait see youtubers test it they get free sample copys see how it runs on a pc first, konami games so far have not been great on pc there are more into consoles, also this game is digital only no retail just like batman arkham knight messed up the retail version

10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    57600x1080 isnt 4k there mate. Its 3x1080 eyefinity setup.
    So for one, there is no buying into 4k arugment.
    My 7950 crossfire handled 5540x1050 eyefinity in any game that wasnt a crappy nvidia works game or Ubiscrap title.
    In fact, the 7950 crossfire setup was stronger them my 670 sli setup.
    Even as someone who owns nvidia cards atm, this gameworks crap pisses me off. I never turn it on anyways. Most of the time, it just looks tacked on like physx.

Nvidias support is there for old cards yes, but they dont age as well as the amd gpus have. The 280x is just a 7970ghz and it has been close to a GTX 780 in some games, while dusting the GTX 680 it used to beat. GCN 1.0 cards have proven to be quite the cards despite their age.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Batman AK was a gameworks title, this is not. So lets take off the tinfoil hates. I mean, a company cant promote its own products without being accused of breaking games.

Lets get one thing stright about gameworks. I dont like it, i think its extremely underwhelming and offers very little in terms of visuals compared to the performance hit. Im sure we all agree.

However, the issues every game that has had gameworks and experienced problems, has more likely than not, only had those issues because of the developers/publishers not making enough effort and/or deciding not to pay for Nvidia to optimize the libraries for X games engine when they do encounter problems.

Anyone can register free and download free of charge all of gameworks libraries (even amd), they can then choose to pay nvidia for inhouse support to make sure everything runs smooth. Batman suffered because of WB incompetence, not Nvidias gameworks. Gamesworks works fine if the effort is put in.

How many non nvidia/amd sponsered games are released in a broken state? Plenty. So lets stop the bull**** of blaming gpu vendors, the ones that pick up the mess that game developers make and start blaming those who are responsible for the games releases - Publishers.

I know everyone on here cant help but preorder, complian about 60fps caps, lack of 144hz support etc, but this isnt Nvidias or AMDs fault for the state of the pc gaming, its gamers who keep buying into the ****ty ports year after year and accepting half arsed products while telling themselves that if they dont buy everything and preorder etc etc... then developers will stop releasing games for the pc :)rolleyes:).

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The thing about Gameworks is while most disable it now, there are those with better hardware who don't and others in the future who will love extra stuff on an old game so i find those who spend so much time complaining about now a little self obsessed when it can always be turned off/down.

Nvidia do have a habit of picking poorly coded games though, so it's not surprising people think it's their fault.
    I'm glad of the pre-order people as the ports would be even worse without them, but i'm definitely not going to throw money at something and then have to wait.

I don't think anyone should overly worry about this game, while it's nice enough looking it's not running on that high end of an engine.
    Ground Zeroes was a good port, but it did have a release 9 months later while this is simultaneous release, so who knows how it will turn out.

13. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    mgs is not a gameworks title?

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ground Zeroes was not a Gameworks title, and Nvidia have announced The Phantom Pain will be getting the same treatment as Ground Zeroes.

15. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    link pls if u dont mind

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
  17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, not unless nvidia has recently added extra driver support or has a priority title service under the gameworks banner.

Its mainly just ensuring that the game works on launch. Just like ground zeros.

With that said, i dont see where all the concerns are coming from considering GZ was easily the most stable game launched last year.

18. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    does it have eyfinity support ??

19. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i'm not over estimating my cards. most games run at this 5670 x 1080 smoothly. even farcry4, crysis3, battlefield hard line ( far superior graphics ), and im getting 40 to 45 fps in this game, but when i look at this game it feels like im playing at 25 fps. i dont have 16x aa applied here. and looking at the graphics i dont think it has anything impressive. even my casual gamer friend said its a crappy graphics even worse then last of us. visually similar games can be created with directx 9.0c ( ya ya i know tessellation and bla bla, but i said visually similar that means it will look almost the same i didnt say similar graphics ). more over my point is ps4 is already killing pc games. n nvidia is killing the rest by game works. except gta 5 i can barely see a game nicely optimized for pc. see these games doesn't require so much gpu horse power to run. its just these are made for consoles. pc gaming is dying... and these pc makers have to deal with it.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

45 fps isnt smooth

So lets get this straight...

Your telling me, that you're surprised that a game like TLOU, which is made by a first dev and ported by a first party porting studio all of who have the financial and resource backing of one of the largest entertainment corporations in the world and makers of the PlayStation entertainment system, who provides their first party studios (or those that deal with their IPs) with insider info of the playstation platform, the same devs who have had first dibs on and time to come to terms with the ps4 (nevermind the fact that TLOU has much smaller environments, ai and assets on screen at a time compared to GZ/TPP ) makes a better looking game than a third party developer...

That surprises you?

Are you also telling me, that games like FarCry4, Crysis 3 and Hardline, games which all put far more focus on visuals than gameplay (as those visuals are to distract from the fact that there is very little on offer in terms of gameplay compared to their predecessors) three copy and paste titles, games that:
    • Crysis3 - A game based on the merits of its engine rather than gameplay and small corridor environments with canon fodder ai, just like its predecessors.
    • FarCry4 - Open map, yet very little actually rendered on screen (other than trees, grass and the odd low lod'ed building) untill you're within a short distance or zooming in with a scope.
    • Hardline - Its SP being no different to my comment above about Crysis 3. Its MP being the sole purpose of the game more than its sp mode.
    This surprises you that these games look better than GZ or TPP?

Nvidia is killing pc gaming with Gameworks? Low and behold if someone said that about amd even if it was justified, the amount of post reporting would probably cause a mod to deal out an insta ban (again, even if the 'offending' comment was justified and true) out of spite for having to deal with it.

Nvidia isnt killing pc gaming, nor is AMD. Nvidia and AMD are providing developers with the hardware and software to make the most of their ports and pc games.

-Its not gpu vendors fault that Publishers* are not prepared to make more effort.
    -Its not gpu vendors fault that consoles make more money for publishers and share holders
    -Its not gpu vendors fault that devs prefer a unified close to metal development platform.

No, pc gaming is the way it is because..

• -MS has chosen to abandon windows as a gaming platform (rightly so imo) in favor of the xbox (which has worked out great for them and developers).
      -Investors, people who dont care about games and quality control, found out that the gaming industry can basically be used as a trust fund or cash cow..
      -PC gamers beg and beg for whatever half baked scraps they can get from publishers who simply could careless about the pc
      -Gamers who repeatedly pre-order, day 1 and simply just bought these half baked ports one after the other while convincing themselves that Publisher X will get it right this time, no next time, no the time after..

You as a gamer are more to blame than gpu vendors or developers.

*Or devs, but untill we know for sure, i thinks is safe and only fair to assume that the majority of devs in AAA land dont really get much say anymore.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015