$Windows.~BT

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Jamie T, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I got a stupid $Windows.~BT folder on my pc it taking up about 4,5gb.
    Can this just be thrown away.

I don't want Windows 10, I hate windows 10 already.
    Consider it a new Virus OS

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep, if you can't delete it manually, use disk clean-up > System files clean-up

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I think the same people whinging about Windows 10 would whinge if it weren't available for free for existing licences. Microsoft have actually been slow to react, no other company in the world would be still supporting something as old as Windows 7, and would be thinking of slowing down support for Windows 8.1 by now.

Obviously he doesn't game at all. Windows 10 is required for DirectX 12, and again, it would have been absolutely stupid for Microsoft to try and port that to older OS's. A crapload of effort, and they literally make no money on it.

It would be like someone having a 7 year old car, and the car company saying 'Hey! We'll give you this new model of the car... for free! With free servicing!!!' That is better in every way. Then the person with the car saying 'no thanks, I don't like the colour'.

With Windows 10, if it's only the start menu you have to complain about, your argument is already a pointless one. First of all, the start menu is hardly something to complain over, and if it really is such an issue for you, it's not as if there isn't StartIsBack, or free options like ClassicShell.

I'm just waiting until the time that those complaining about Windows 10 complaining about 'missing out' with Windows 7 and 8.1. Furthermore, more interesting will be when the offer is no longer on the table then they whinge that they can no longer get the update...

Anyways, that folder is just a temporary install folder for Windows installation.

4. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Its funny how ppl complain about the most trivial things:

Windows 8
    "OMG the start menu! sux" > funny because they dont even have a problem with android/iphones app menu.
    Oh.. and anyone can change that btw, I DID IT with windowsXP because THAT STARTMENU ITS UGLY HAS HELL.
    Not to mention the ridiculous amount of TRASH the regular startmenu has.. but hey, maybe thats just me.

"Metro APPS SUCK!" > ye sure, so why do you use them? just uninstall them already.

"Windows 10 sucks!"
    So?... why? the refurbished crappy old startmenu is back, so why so much hate?

Everything else was pretty much the same in win8 and i bet in win10 too, but faster and updated. i dont really get it. :stewpid:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Microsoft went a bit further with XAML integration. Pretty much unavoidable now. It's worth a moan.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    1. You don't use a mouse and keyboard on a phone
    2. The Crappy old start menu is not back, another much more crappier mobile app type useless thing has been put in the useful 7 menus place

Q: And what is worse than people voicing their opinions about a new OS?
    A: Other people complaining about the people voicing their opinions, with childish !! and ?? and Capitals and daft smilies

7. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I like the XAML integration of what's there.. The elephant in the room is Microsoft went into a house, repainted only half of it, added a second kitchen sink next to the old one, added a new toilet right next to the old one, put on a new front door that looks like it was stolen from a kids playground and called it a newly renovated house.

Linux works for rolling updates, but I don't like it for the state 10 is in now. I'd much prefer if they finished the entire XAML makeover, fully ripped out legacy and THEN released Windows 10.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thing is though, 'Legacy' which is Win32, is a million times more powerful, quicker, and all round better than XAML

If we do end up with a 100% XAML OS, they'd better give it more than the 10% functionality it has now vs Win32

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Extraordinary is spot on.
    If they removed legacy completely in Windows 10 and left us with what XAML we have now I would go straight back to Windows 8.1 and cry myself to sleep because I can't use DX12, it's that bad.
    There's no functionality. It's like a family-friendly type system. Their mobile OS is the same. It's just so basic I can't handle it.

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    That's what I meant by "Liking what's there" and "finished the entire XAML makeover"

It's only half there, and borderline half fully functional compared to legacy.

If it wasn't for the fact it's stable and I can still do things "the legacy way".. I'd be back on 8.1 in a quick second. I can ignore the half finished product, but doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about.

The more reviews I read.. The more and more reviewers are pointing out that Windows 10 has a major identity crisis going on with dueling interfaces.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Windows 10 likely reflects what's going on at MS, new guys trying to force their wrong views on long timers who actually know what's best

12. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    My startmenu win8.1(PC) is similar to my phone, the diference is i dont scroll because every icon app fits in my screen, and i removed ofc the startmenu trash.
    so i still dont see the problem, even if i had to scroll.

Thing is i dont see him voicing an opinion about an OS, just some random irrelevant hate like:
    1. Every new OS is made, somehow, to screw us up.
    2. The good windows / bad windows cycle.
    3. Every software nowdays invades my privacy and is somehow connected with the nsa

4. Or worse theres some files occupying some disk space what do i do? oh i hate everyone and everything related.
    Let me create a constructive thread about my problem at hand (wich is hate)

btw this is how it looks like someone voicing an opinion about something.

And ye daft smilies AND capitals are irritating, thats why i used them :)

13. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Windows seems to be going the way of less user control/choice and dumbing down in general. I can even see them forcing you to use apps that are on their store or no apps at all in the not too distant future.

All IMO of course.

Pity because DX12 looks nice.

14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Conspiracy small here...