Torrent programs

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by tsunami231, Jul 31, 2015.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    What torrent program to people around here recommend,?

2. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    need more opinons, I dont utorrent no more the verison i had before reinstalled everything was bearable, but the current versions has to many ads, not to mention the install had like 4 diffrent things it want to install that i didnt allow...

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've been using qbittorrent for years too. It's good.

There's another one called Tixati but I found qbittorrent to be easier to configure and use.

5. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    qBittorrent has no ads and no extra garbage that needs to be installed. It's easily configurable and I've never had an issue with it.

It also has a feature to download files sequentially. What it allows you to do is stream a torrent that has a video in it like you would from any website, providing you can download at a fast enough speed.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I give it try unless something else is recommend, I couldn't even uninstall utorrent, I had to delete it all manually.

just so im sure you refering to http://sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/

7. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Yep that's the link. I think you'll love it.

8. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Man that sucks that uTorrent has become such a pile of crap. But then again I saw it headed that way once it was purchased by BitTorrent and no longer its own separate program. It's funny how it began as a program meant to be lightweight and free of bloatware, but now it is overrun with that crap.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yeah. uTorrent has become infested with adware. I use Bittorrent which isn't much better, but at least I have to option to not install all that junkware and disable the ads.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I still use uTorrent 3.2.2 (28500) - you can disable all the ads from the advanced section, along with unchecking them from the Options dropdown

[​IMG]

11. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Tixati, it's miles better than Qbittorrent (which I used to use)

12. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Miles better than qBittorrent? How so?

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tixati.
    Easily the best i've used. I recommend it over anything else.

Clean, ad free, intuitive, option rich, awesome UI, portable version available (which i use) and fast.

14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I'm still on old utorrent 1.6.x. I used qBittorrent for a while but found it was memory intensive vs the older utorrent builds.

Does anyone know which was the first utorrent that had filename filters so if I typed in "cartoons" it would only list all files with that in the filename or directory?

15. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Deluge is alose pretty good.

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Another vote for Tixati.
    It just works,and really slim and fast.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that might of been the verison i was using before i wiped machine cause i was able to do that too, but but i really didnt take note of it. I just know i done with utorrent.

Process explorer reporting it as 12/52 as virus and after trying to uninstall the newest version and it going in to endless loop of making copies of the install dir in my e:\temp dir and refusing to uninstall correctly, I just manual removed it and is registry entries. Ran malware bytes, malwarebytes antiroot, spybot s&d 1.62 after words too long with AVast. I didnt like how it was acting

this look intresting, I give this try if i dont like qBittorrent

Kindle post the official like the torrent program you recomend if anyone else has recommendation

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  18. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    As few guys here suggested before my vote also goes to qBittorrent

uTortent has become a real POS in past few years, bundled with Open Candy and if you for some reason just use Next ...Next ...type of install for uTorrent expect all kinds of crapware and toolbars to be installed too- It is well known that in January this year one version of uTorrent was bundled with Bitcoin miner (EpicScale).

But if you really want to use uTorrent do install this way and apply some manual tweaks:

1). Disconnect from the ineternet before install procedure
    2). Custom install, untick all crapware and toolbars offered by installer, untick: Start With Windows
    3). Options -> Preferences -> General... untick (almost) all options, leave just: Check assotiations on setup... and: Prevent standby if there are active torrents
    Options -> Preferences -> Advanced (what Extraordinary suggested), all offers set from true to false, ALL OF THEM, there are 5 or 6 of them in few latest uTorrent versions

With uTorrent manually configured like that you're safe.

Also... If you want to block all kinds of unwanted traffic while using any type of torrent client software my highly recommendations goes to PeerBlock 1.2

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    current test gbittorrent i like the interface, utorrent will never see the light of day on my pc's, i am almost reminded of limeware by it current form...

20. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super