AMD Graphic/Driver Bug 15.7 and 15.7.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Jhereck, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    [SOLVED] AMD Graphic/Driver Bug 15.7 and 15.7.1

Hi !

Got problems with catalyst 15.7 and 15.7.1, which looks like this :

http://youtu.be/JYoNTXetOtw

It appears randomly on desktop, with or without 3d application running.

The problem is solved after a reboot, or if i deactivate a desktop for exemple (and reactivate it after). Then the display come back to normal, till it's ****ed again....

No problem with catalyst 15.15, so that's why i think it's driver related. But cannot find another occurrence of this type of bug on forums.....

The problem is that i update to W10 today, and cannot install catalyst 15.15 on it anymore.

Each installion was clean (after DDU).

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
  3. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    I had this a few times on my 280x. It basically happened everytime i had overclocked/pushed it too far and it has crash recovered.

I got those weird lines and artifacting everywhere until i restarted. Id also do a total wipe of all AMD drivers if i were OP, wouldn't hurt. Also check your overclocks.

4. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Have you tried restarting the driver with CRU utility?

5. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
  6. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

Again no vsr for many users but it seems that AMD ignores, no mention in known issue...

7. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    have you checked your clockrates? Maybe your clockrates got stuck at low idle which is too low for 4screens.

8. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    Thanks for your replies guys !

I checked my oververclock, and the problem occurs even if the card is on stock clocks.

Clocks are 330 Mhz for Gpu and 150 Mhz for the memory on desktop.

Have uninstalled the drivers with DDU multiple times, dunno help.

It seems to appear on desktop mainly, with a browser open (and prob flash/html5 content). Tried to change the clock of memory and Gpu after the display begin to crash dunno help either.

I really dunno what to do : RMA the card, knowing it is probably not hardware related (drivers 15.15 were OK, no problem with it), and knowing that there's no card that match my needings (at least 8Go of ram for a display of 10500 * 1440 px) ?.....

Or continue looking for the issue and/or waiting for AMD to adress this ? This will prob take a long time !

9. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    Guys I think i found the problem !!

I reinstalled catalyst 15.7.1 WITHOUT checking overdrive in catalyst manager.

After that i overcloked my card with MSI Afterburner, and it seems to be OK !!!

Will post again in few hours to be sure :p

10. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    Ok seems to be the "Overdrive" of the CCC that was faulty, cause no more crash occured !

Thanks for your help guys !

11. CZLight

CZLight Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x
    Same issue on Windows 8.1 and drivers 15.7.0 or 15.7.1. After clean reinstall to Windows 10 and first driver install i see same behavior even with Overdrive unchecked. Any suggestions for stock clock R9 290x?

12. frizzl

frizzl Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire 280x
    I have the same problem running 15.7 or 15.7.1 on Win 10. I have Crossfire 290X's stock clocks.

Never had an issue with Win 8.1, has only started since Win 10.

ONLY occurs in 2D / on desktop etc. Running games is perfectly fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated, ULPS is disabled also.

13. allindaze

allindaze Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    does anyone have any ideas what I can do? I assume there's not a lot of people talking about it because it only affects Hawaii arch. which are using more than one monitor? I've been having issues ever since I upgraded to Windows 10. Do I need to use drivers for Win 8.1?

14. CZLight

CZLight Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x
    When i was on windows 8.1 there i did downgrade... but now i do not have this choice for windows 10. AMD really let me down on this. Also i notice that on these drivers new Visual Studio 2015 hardware acceleration dont work properly.

15. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    was happening to me in 15.7.1 as soon as i booted up.. i went to 15.7 and I've been good.

16. PDub

PDub New Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 980 Gaming 4G
    Possibly related, I'm on 15.7.1 with a 7970 OC in Win7 64-bit. When I wake the computer from sleep mode, I get display corruption on both my monitors, and one monitor displays an overlay stating that I don't have a dual-link cable.

Luckily, I have Strobelight by ToastyX and can disable or reenable the strobelight and it fixes the corruption on BOTH monitors, even though one of them does not have that feature.

This did not happen before installing the 15.7.1 drivers.

17. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    I am having a similar issue but not on my desktop.. Only when I load up certain games and the only one that I have noticed it do this in is Dayz so far.. if I close it out and reboot, then its fine.. I don't get it.. Thought AMD was doing something with a new driver team or somethin..
    :bang:

18. Mega

Mega Guest

GPU:
    Club3D R9 290 @ 4096x2160
    Overclock the card more you will see more of it. Try pulling back the overclock.
    Was using 390x bios had to bring it back to 290 speeds as summer temps are higher now.

19. allindaze

allindaze Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    Do you think it's temperature related or just because it couldn't handle the higher clocks? I've read several people say using 5.7.1 drivers fixed their problem but that's what I'm using and after about 5 minutes of using my 3 monitors I get the lines and artifacting. I'm not sure what I can do. Tweaking my cards settings using Afterburner (like disabling ULPS) should keep the cards stable but it's not doing the trick. Pretty frustrating because I know several people are having the problems and it looks like it's not happening them anymore so it must be something I'm doing. Should I try AMD's beta drivers?

20. XtoX

XtoX Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X
    It's a bug in the driver for sure.
    No problems except when i launch The Elder scrolls online.
    The screen start to flicker slowly, then after 30secs the flickering is going crazy and i have to reboot my computer.
    The flickering start from the "intro" movies (Zenimax, Bethesda, etc..) so i don't think it's Gpu temp related.
    I can play 4hours of rocket league in 1440p without any problem but i have artefacts after 3 secs of displaying a video... o_O
    Actually it only occur when i launch ESO and i have to reboot the computer to stop the flickering.
    Tried DDU + reinstall of AMD's website 15.7.1 drivers
    Tried disabling ULPS
    Tried forcing clocks via afterburner
    Tried disabling crossfire
    No fix found yet to launch ESO without massive artefacts (with 15.7.1), but i really think it's driver related.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015