Chronicles of Elyria (MMO)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by signex, Jul 27, 2015.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Then 6 months later it goes f2p lol

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    F2P is a joke. This a bad trend that need to go away! I'd rather sub and get the whole game the way its supposed to be.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea.. but sometimes the subscription pricing just doesn't seem warranted. I can see a couple bucks a month... but when your subscription fee is the price of a half-decent game on Steam... it's a bit much to justify. Kinda like I wouldn't mind picking up WoW again... but the fact that i haven't purchased the last two expansion packs, plus having to pay $15/month to play it? Yes, the game is updated (fairly) regularly... and there's TON'S of content... but let's face it... it's nearly an 11 year old game. Nearly 7.5 MILLION active accounts as of Q1 2015... which amounts to somewhere in the ballpark of $112,000,000 in subscription fees brought in by Blizzard PER MONTH! I get that it's their primary cash cow... but i think it's about time for a WoW2 or something...

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Tbh i don't think Blizzard will make a brand new MMO ever but keep making new expansions and improve graphics some more.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The next big MMO will be a new Blizzard MMO. ETA 2022. All of the other MMOs until then will be wishy washy WoW clones.

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    that's just it, though. They don't really improve the graphics. Yea, the textures get a LITTLE better here and there... but nothing really worthwhile that i've seen... ever. Probably for the simple fact that they wouldn't want to wind up forcing people to upgrade their computer in order to keep playing. Which... is probably also the sole reason they have yet to decide to create a new game.

Just pisses me off that i'm 90% certain WoW had a big part in the reason why Starcraft: Ghost got cancelled all those years ago. Looked like it could have been a pretty fun tactical shooter.

8. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    3 words: Path of Exile :p

9. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Awesome "screenshots", but that webpage is god damn awful! ;)

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Blizzard isn't going to make a new MMO anymore, they cancelled one that they worked on.

Wich i think is for the best lol.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If that's the case, we're doomed.

Better graphics won't save WoW. WoW is now 10 years old, it's been rinsed dry over and over. Everyone who goes back to WoW now gets bored very quick and unsubs.

It's gone stale. I think MMO genre needs a brand new IP based on the lore of a well known world. Warhammer would be brilliant imo, a dark, gritty world, full of rain and mud, deep music.... But it would need a fresh approach and some revolutionary ideas. They would have to be ideas that work. A lot of MMOs try too hard to be different only for the sake of "being different" and their changes don't work.

Someone give me a dark Warhammer MMO now please, make it sub based, take your time making it. Give me open world PvP, solid PvE and structured PvP. Voice acting, interesting crafting. I'm asking for too much.

12. RaynerJa

RaynerJa Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    WOW maybe the greatest MMO in the west, but in Asia Lineage 2 rulled, i tried WOW after playing Lineage for a long time, and could not spent 10 mins in WOW, so, if is there an MMO one should keep an eye for, is Lineage Eternal.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Agreed, after you try Lineage 2, WoW just seems bad. It may very well be better, but you can’t get into the art stile after Lineage. Too bad they basically killed it. There was a video long ago from Eternal. It looked great as gameplay mechanics, but I’m not sure how it will translate into an MMO. Haven’t heard anything about it since then. May be they are not sure how to do it either.

Anyways this Chronicles things looks good, but I already lost faith in those new MMOs, trying to reimagine things. Hope to be proven wrong one day…

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    How many are they planning to do? I thought it was like 2 more?

I like WoW graphics and theme. Yea its dated and cartoonish but i like it. I couldnt get into any other MMO as muc has i did with Wow.

This Elyria might turn out interesting tho, guess we should wait and see. Some cool ideas there.

15. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I think now i'm more into stuff like Tera. Action-based combat, not just the "Get within swinging range, double click to attack, press button to use skills, hope enemies attack doesn't hit you" kind of combat.

Still think my favorite idea for a MMO was the now long since offline and entirely non-existent Auto Assault. When you visited towns and such, you were walking around on foot... but in the open world, your avatar was a vehicle. There'd be zombie-like guy's roaming around that you could just run the f*ck over to kill and get experience. Guns on your car to shoot the bigger baddies. Could even get stuff to mount on the front of your car so even ramming into the bigger baddies did more damage than normal. Was a blast for the short time i was able to play it. Unfortunately, when the servers shut down, the developer basically put an end to everything. Didn't sell the game off to another company, didn't release the source so people could create their own servers... nothing. Yet another MMO that was run into the ground by WoW.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    MoP and WoD arn't dated Graphics wise, they look the same as Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3, but in Third Person.

And the Cartoony look is their Graphics Style, it has nothing to do with dated Graphics.

Id say compare a Vanilla Screenshot with one from WoD, and there is a HUUUGE difference. We got a new Lighting System, HBAO+, Reflections etc etc.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Tbh i don't think Lineage 2 can ever compete with WoW, or other MMO's.

The gameplay is very clunky.

18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well it is just click-click, 1, 4, 3, 5, click, 2, 2, click, 6,6, click-click-click …. You know like every other MMO. As I said I’m not going to argue which game is better. Everyone feels it in their own way, but most of all it is very important what your first MMO was. When you have spent years in one of them it is very hard to like another.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    That's very true, i mostly dislike mmo's cause they don't feel so responsive in movement and skill use.

Tbh that's very important.

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Blizzard have cancelled games before when they've felt they weren't going as planned. That doesn't mean we wont see another MMO from them, in fact I'd be willing to bet hard cash that we will. It just wont be the one we were originally going to get, which we had little to no real information on anyway.

I'm leaning toward Blizzard releasing a Warcraft 4 trilogy before announcing WoW 2.