Help with Far Cry 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Pete J, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Hi all,

I'm starting to lose my rag. Far Cry 4 either keeps going to a black screen on launch, or will black screen after a few minutes. I can close it by bringing up task manager and killing it.

I've looked on the interwebs and there are patches for this apparently, but I either can't download them or the exe is full of malware. Anyone got any tips?

Thanks in advance!

2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    control panel -> programs and features -> uninstall a program -> far cry 4 (uninstall)

repeat process to uninstall the malware that is uplay.

sorry, couldn't resist. :)

3. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    I think that your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements (? ....

I have the same problem with this game and was the mouse software lol ..... try to start the game with essential USB devices (mouse + keyboard)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Have you tried disabling the Uplay overlay? It says it may cause issues with it off but I could never get it to work with it enabled.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    disable Riva tuner ( is it's on ) and any Razer software and try again

if your game is p...... then i can't help you

6. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    I wish I could! Why can't they just let it run through Steam?!
    For some reason I have many. I started going through them and a few needed a restart. I gave up in the end.
    I did (after you suggested it) but it doesn't make a difference.
    Tried this as well (after you suggested it) and also disabled Logitech mouse and keyboard thingy. Still no luck.

Oh, bollocks to it. I've started playing Metro 2033 Redux anyway. Maybe when I get back to Far Cry 4, some new patch, drivers or Windows 10 will be out and solve it (or add some new problems).

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    yeah no new patch for FC4 ( AC unity too ) in the near future according to a ubisoft forums mod

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If the game is genuine, you shouldn't need to look all over the net for the patches, they should auto update when you launch the game

9. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Game is genuine, it's just that the gaming community cares enough to release an unofficial patch to fix the things the developers should be fixing. I can't get hold of this unofficial patch.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah right, gotcha - doesn't sound like it's this, but disabling all the nvidiaworks stuff stopped all crashing for me, hairworks like fur, etc

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    sorry hijacking your topic. i just started to play FC4 and all ground textures r black. what ever i do all black. wtf guys :(

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Start with turning of Nvidia gameworks stuff to see if that helps, if not, then why not turn them back on.

Try 350.12 drivers, they've been the most stable for me: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-350-12-whql-driver-download.html

Though if using sli, you may need to find sli bits and apply them via inspector. Im not sure if 350.12 contain the most up-to-date sli bits for FC4.

Tbh, cut your losses and move on or play it on console.

13. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    No worries. Your problem with the game is also one that seems to pop up in my searches and the unofficial patch may solve it.
    I think I'm going to take your last bit of advice first and move on until Windows 10 is out. It's funny you mention the drivers - I had 352.XX installed but I can't remember is I updated the drivers before or after starting to play FC4. I mention this because I managed to get through the 'intro' without problem - now I'm at the bit just after the car crash, which keeps flaking out.

14. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Is there any way to run this game through steam only? Every time it pulls up uplay too.

Also, the game freezes in option menu when I try to switch the fur to the nvidia setting (simulated) needing a hard reset... What's the deal with that?

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The game is broken. If you have a ps4, play it on that as its the superior version.

16. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    The game(PC version) technically is great. Even on 290X I can play with 60fps.
    On ps4 is a mess with 20fps.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Untrue. I have Far Cry 4 on PS4 and it runs pretty much at a locked 30 fps for 99.5% of the time with only minor dips here and there (which are not noticeable). In fact, at the time I played it it was a superior experience to the stuttering mess that was the PC version (which still crashes after 20 minutes on maxed out settings on my system by the way) and had superior anti-aliasing too. ;)

18. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    How did you measured fps on PS4? It has no overlays with such info. Very interesting :D
    It's interesting, cause PS4 is a POS with outdated hardware. When I read the news about Neo it's a bit funny to see how engineers with consoles think/believe that new GPU(480 based) will handle 4K. Hahaha, they even don't know that it's four time more pixels than FHD :funny:

19. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Heh. Blast from the past!

Literally installed Windows 10 and FarCry 4 last weekend, but I've not tried it yet. Might try it this evening.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Zero issues running this on PC.
    The last few patches fixed all issues I had with this game some time ago.

The stuttering was fixed for me a long time ago.