Oldschool - very special bios settings - help, explain, pls?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by trodas, Jul 6, 2015.

1. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9100 250/200MHz
    Thbe mainboard for Intel Socket 775 CPU's, ASRock 775Dual-VSTA (yes, it can run AGP and PCIe GFX cards and DDR / DDR2 rams) bios settings are somewhat overhelming for me.

So I would kindly like to ask fellow overclockers - could you pretty please at least suggest me, what are these?!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And I mean specifically these, that I have no clue about them at all:
    AGP Staggered Delay
    AGP GADSTB Output Delay
    AGP 3.0 Calibration - yes, it is really a on the fly calibration and it should be on
    AGP 3.0 DBI Function - Dynamic Bus Inversion Output clean the noise in AGP signal, on
    DBI Output for AGP Trans. - Dynamic Bus Inversion Output clean the noise in AGP signal, on
    DBI Output for FRAME Trans. - Dynamic Bus Inversion Output clean the noise in AGP signal, on
    Pipeline DRQCTL - increase the memory bus bandwitch
    GTL Control
    3V66 group delay
    DRAM Drv DQS
    DRAM Drv CS
    DRAM Drv DCLKA,B
    DCLK Output Duty Ctrl
    CLKBUF DDR group delay
    CLKBUF FB_OUT delay
    CLKBUF DDR Drv
    CLKBUF FB_OUT Drv
    Echo TRP Disable
    PCIE Downstream Pipeline
    PCIE VC1 Request Queue

Plenty of interesting settings, right? Sadly many I cannot find even using Google, what the hell they mean... Could someone experienced enlighten me, please?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    Rest of the bios images, because of 15pictures limit per post, that just does not make sense, when they are thumbnails:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Load optimized settings and don`t touch mentioned settings.

Edit: Ofc, you can capture several Intel` engineers and torture them until they tell you about those settings, but this is quite a task.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  4. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    Well, I did that, but that is not what I want. I want to understand what these settings do. Some of the DRAM Drive setting seems to be pretty straight-forward.

However todays I enabled the Pipeline DRQCTL option and get faster membench in memtest as well, as 1 minute faster times on SuperPi 32M - and that is on Celeron D 336...! So some of the settings could have a great impact.
    (I found the suggestion - NOT description - on this old Massman article: http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/a...stest-AGP-Based-System-Part-1/2#axzz3fBBIPABv )

About the capture & torture stuff, well, dunno if that help. The whole turture thing on Guantaname yield _NO_ usable information ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnuf9x8krtg - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRLVkKimSQ ) ... so I probably just come emptyhanded too. Maybe also because the chipset is VIA PT880 Pro... ;)

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  6. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    ...and even if it is possible, then the torture does not work, you know ;)

But look: I got recommended this page for expert bios settings:
    http://www.techarp.com/freebog.aspx

And yea - this is a great guide! Not all settings I want to know are there, but finally I get a grip on what are the AGP v3 Calibration (yep, it calibrate the bus on the fly and therefore it is good for overclock, even my bus speed stays a 66MHz) and why it should be ON. Also I understand now what is the AGP DBI function (Dynamic Bus Inversion Output that clean the noise in AGP signal thx to switching, good is ON for all the functions).

Sadly there are still options that are not explained - for example the AGP Staggered Delay and the AGP GADSTB Output Delay, but at least I understand something more now :)

BTW, what IS interesting is, that I cannot seems to find, witch AGP version if the HIS Radeon 9600 XT interface. I only finding the AGP8, yes, but that is not what I want to know. I want to know, if this is compilant with AGP v3.0 specs. Not that its speed is AGP 8x! Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015