Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices

Updated July 2, 2015 6:07 am
    - With around four weeks to go before Windows 10 becomes available, I thought it would be helpful to provide some context on how we will roll-out Windows 10 to the world. We’ve been really pleased with the strong response to Windows 10 since we kicked off reservations in early June, with millions of reservations. We want to make sure all of you have a great upgrade experience, so we’ll roll-out Windows 10 in phases to help manage the demand. More details on what to expect are provided below.

We’ve shared before how Windows 10 will be familiar and more secure, with a natural experience that makes it easy for people to be more productive and have more fun. We can’t wait to deliver innovations like Cortana, Windows Hello, Microsoft Edge, Continuum, and so much more to your PC or tablet on July 29.* For the first time, we will deliver Windows as a service, with the commitment to offer ongoing innovations and security updates to you. In this world, Windows 10 is continuously improved and keeps getting better and better – for our consumer and business customers. We’re incredibly proud of the progress we’ve made and believe we are nearly ready to ship Windows 10 broadly to the world.

Preparing for Windows 10 Upgrades

With all of our ecosystem partners, we have been actively engaged to work on device and application compatibility. It’s been amazing to see the teamwork taking place across companies to ensure a quality experience as our shared customers experience Windows 10 soon. In our testing of millions of systems, we’re seeing full compatibility today with the vast majority of Windows 8x and Windows 7x systems– and we are not yet done, we will never be done – we will be continuing this application and device compatibility work every day as part of our ongoing commitment to Windows as a service.

We are also rigorously testing and listening to every signal from our 5 million Windows Insiders on the quality and readiness of Windows 10.
    Soon, we will give a build of Windows 10 to our OEM partners so they can start imaging new devices with Windows 10. The new devices our partners are working on are very exciting, I can’t wait to hear your feedback as you get a chance to use them.

Soon after, we will distribute a build of Windows 10 to retailers all over the world, so they can assist their customers with upgrades of newly purchased devices that were originally imaged with Windows 8.1. Look for this sticker for assurance that our OEM partners have proactively tested a device for compatibility with Windows 10.

More:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...s-10-preparing-to-upgrade-one-billion-devices

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I highly doubt a billion devices are going to be upgrading. :cool:

3. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Why do I hear Dr. Evil saying that?

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    But MS says one billion devices will be updating, MS dont like they are all about truth and honor and ... Wth am I kidding its MS, I sure as hell anit give up my win7 key for windows 10,

If i had Win8 key i would give it up for win 10, I will probably just windup geting win10 retail at some point