Batman: Arkham Knight [Pt.2]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Wow, this game is so good that it has a part 2 :D

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-br...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You still got 29 pages left to go on the previous thread. :p

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I've had a look around and seen some threads closed at the 80-89 page mark?

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's cool. I'm just messing around. :D

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    So they had to make a choice:

a.) Get rid of the batmobile and the streaming issues but lose the main selling argument why ppl should purchase this title in the first place.

b.) Leave the batmobile in and hide the streaming issues behind the 30fps lock.

EPIC FAIL

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It really irks me that every story by some games journo always neglects to mention the massive issues with DX11 AC and even though i've said it myself that dx9 was a perfectly working game, dx11 batman was being used a twimtbp title for Nvidia DX11 cards and top end hardware at the time. Every journo just skips straight to Origins even though there was seemingly less complaints about game stopping issues compared to AC's DX11 complaints and considering they were worse than anything in AK, this is makes it even more annoying to see it omitted from such articles.

Then theres this:
    Concerns about major plot points being leaked as an excuse to not properly test a game is a ridiculous business move. Any gamer concerned about spoilers isnt going to watch any videos/read articles that are openly discussing such plot elements.

Then theres also this:
    I can guarantee that the majority of the staff at Iron Galaxy are most likely extremely under paid due to the way bidding on contracts normally succeeds simply because staff wages are extremely low, thus, cheaper for the publisher in the long run. I wouldnt be surprised if this was reflected in their work. Then again, such contracts can also be used as a way to make a fast buck with as little effort put in as possible or to help build a companies portfolio as fast as possible. They just take what ever jobs they can get, make a quickie of the job then move onto the next.

This makes it easier to get more contracts later on as most business putting a contract up for tender will only focus on overall cost while only looking at experience at face value, eg: number of games worked on.

Anyway, im bored of this. Whats done is done and we all know this isnt going to change anything. Gamers are still going to buy and pre-order from the very same publishers that continuously release broken game after broken game. If anything, this massive up roar from gamers just proves that gamers are so hypocritical and full of it more so than the very developers/publishers that make and release these games.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  10. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    So I gotta admit that I was one of the, presumably, many people who refunded the game via steam ( thank god for that feature ). But now I can see that the game value is decreased incredibly, and I'm considering to buy it now while its really cheap. I'm thinking of this as a future investment of my own entertainment ;) , while there isn't any ETA when the " Proper " version will be re-released. Would steam still accept the key if I bought it?

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im not sure how they went about key-deactivations, but id assume that the only keys that got deactivated would of only been the ones requested via steam and thirdparties like gmg etc as per refunds. So if you bought one now, there shouldnt be an issue activating it once the game reappears on steam. I highly doubt that WB requested that unsold keys be deactivated, that'd me more work in the long as they'd need to spend money to re-generate them.

12. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I think i am going to throw up....

These developers expect the paying public to be the beta testers cause they are under resourced?
    Pathetic..

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I wouldn't mind if they had gotten rid of the batmobile. I've only completed a few missions due to the poor performance but one thing rings true: the batmobile seemed like an awesome idea at first, but they overuse it like crazy. I'll be flying along tracking some dudes or something to their hideout, and then when I get there the game is like, "CALL THE BATMOBILE TO BREAK DOWN X DOOR!" and there's the bomb defusal missions that need the Batmobile too. Honestly why can't this game use the batmobile like the batwing and only have it needed for a few missions? The addition of the batmobile just makes me feel like I'm playing sleeping dogs, or some other open world game with driving. Not Batman.

14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    The batmobile is fine in the beginning when used sparely. But later it becomes a God Damn chore. Since when does batman face tanks head on?

He is the kind of genius who finds a killswitch and disables tanks with the press of a button. Some of the batmobile boss fights are imo okay, but those tank battles you are in 80% of the time make the performance seem the way it is.

So you won the tank battle. How about another? - Literally this game.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is there any sort of eta on when the game is being released... or.. well.. re-released?

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    At a guess, remember that game Duke Nukem Forever...

TBH, i hope they blatantly yank the batmobile parts out. Their abundance is beyond rude.

17. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    A "clean" reinstall of my drivers following this guide helped tremendously. The game is now "playable" and stutters much less than before.

Still a long way to go. Hopefully a performance patch will be out next week.

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    tried to play new game plus but it is ultra boring a second run :(

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Wow, you lagged yourself through the main story already? How long did it take? :)