Warner Brothers knew about Batman issues for months already

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'd expect such company to know what they're doing. But they risked hoping that the preorders will give some profit and consumers will stay quiet.

3. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    No ****.
    I'm really sick and tired of these major publishers pulling crap like this, yet they won't stop because people will keep pre-ordering/buying over and over.
    There's always consoles vs PC, but one thing we all have in common is that we keep getting games half-arsed rushed out the door and have to endure the consequences.

4. kislotikas

kislotikas Guest

GPU:
    8800GT Zilent OC 512MB
    suddenly piracy for games like this sound pretty fair to me.
    they release s*itty game, people download it for free, try it and uninstall.
    they make a good game, lets say like witcher 3 and many are happy to pay for it.

5. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt. Since it was apparently Kotaku(?) who came out with this story first - Knowing their track record and the source being anonymous, I'm gonna question the validity in all of this. Though, should it be true, then its just sad.

6. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    There are so many games being released nowadays. That a lot of the time before I can finish one, another I want to play is already out. Sometimes there are two released within the same week that I really want to play. They need to slow the hell down and do things the right way the first time around. Then maybe I can enjoy some of these games a little longer. But yeah its been said for a long time now, stop pre-ordering games! There is a small amount of pre-orders that come with extra goodies like a figurine or something and that's fine. Its the other 99% of people who pre-order for no reason that are part of the problem. Big deal if you get an extra gun or access to a multiplayer beta. Stop paying for that crap and everyone can get those things without having to pay extra or early.. I have never done it and I never will. Man.. those devs must be embarrassed and ashamed. Most of them have pride in what the do and want their work to look good and work right and some jerk off boss says "nope you're done its good enough, now give it to me". Because some other higher up is doing the same to him/her with threats of being "let go".. Never bite off more than you can chew or you'll choke.

7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    wow this is major fail lol
    wasn't expected something else from this company lol

8. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Damn,unexpected fail release from WB.
    They hurry to release this buggy game for PC and thankfully they dont blame piracy for this blody game,like others (ubifail).
    Steam did a good job with refund policy. :D

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    How was this unexpected?

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    They had to know about the issues. No way you release a triple AAA title without knowing.

11. DeAnt28790

DeAnt28790 Member

GPU:
    It's such a shame... It's such an awesome game even with the stuttering (bought on retail, no refund). It's smooth most of the time for me, and when it is, its glorious.
    I'm wondering how much easier and better porting will be when Dx12 comes around.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I bought the last Batman about a year after release, avoided all the issues and turned out OK. Held off on Watchdogs still havent bought it. Arkham Knight may go for it in another year. I'm patient with game releases, any hint of issues I just hold off.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    For months they knew about the issues and did nothing? Or were they busy on making some future dlc already?

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    He obviously didn't keep up with the launches of WB-published games like Mortal Kombat X PC and others. ;)

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    GTAV took it's time to come onto PC, but we waited and got what I'd call a bug free game.

PC Gamers are patient, so long as we get what we want.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    nvm..

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    aw, was just about to quote your last...

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    you've been hit by..
    you've been struck by..
    A smooth criminal!

:D

Cant catch me im the Gingerbread(.)(.)'s.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well they also should have known that with the refunds now available, people won't stand for crap like this.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I just hope that publishers dont try and wiggle their way out of it with some twisted EULA's and tricky wording etc.