Sadly I knew it.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Krogtheclown, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    When they released the card without benchmarks I knew there was a problem and now we all know what that problem is.... They failed to take back the performance crown.
    I might just buy it anyway cause its obvious AMD needs the help and I game at high res, but I dont really want a water loop in my pc again.:bang:

2. digitalforce

digitalforce Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Absolutely and 100% disappointing. With those low temps, I was excited. My G1 980 Ti is stable at 1500mhz core. Totally blowing away the Fury X.

Snore. Nothing to see folks.

3. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Knew it as well. Here is to "hoping" their drivers improve it and windows 10 with dx12 will help out.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    All signs pointed to this. If you would have the fastest card you would obviously release some numbers when you launch the card. Also AMD's 0xAF & 0xAA PR benches raised doubts.

5. airfathaaaaa

airfathaaaaa Guest

so wait you say its sad that amd released a card that:
    it has a totally new type of memory
    there is no game that can take advantage of it(only the dirt rally we saw so far)
    no optimised driver for it

and yet it came close to 980ti and titanx in the margin of error of 10 fps?(because lets face it not a single person can see any difference between 55 and 60....)

i will go and say that you should wait 6 months tops when amd will get a more mature driver for it....till then whatever we say its not important really its a beta test card really that is close to the competition while being unptimised..

6. digitalforce

digitalforce Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Just like Mantle, HBM and all other tech that was supposed to blow us away, in real world performance, it doesn't, once again.

So why wait 6 months (or forever) when you can get a rocking 980 Ti G1 for the same price? I am at 1500mhz core stable on my G1 and that blows away the Fury X by far. Today.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I want to see how it overclocks with unlocked voltage if they ever do that still not holding my breath tho. Mature driver amd most likely won't improve the driver overhead enough for low res nor will you get much in 4K where the card actually does really good.

If only the card was faster then ti but it ain't only here and there :D

8. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    First card with new memory tech in a long time. No OC. New drivers.

Yeah. It sucks. :b

9. digitalforce

digitalforce Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Once again, who cares about "the tech" behind it when it most games its the same or less than a REFERENCE 980 Ti? The Ti is overclocking on average to 15-25% higher.

If by some miracle the drivers make a difference, great but at the same time, NVIDIA is constantly improving theirs too.

10. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    AMD dropped the ball big time. And saying that people should wait for the drivers to mature....that is wishful thinking.

It is really too bad because if they would of made a better card that easily beat the 980ti, it would bring competition to the market.

11. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    I dont think anyone is saying it sucks.....what sucks is I was hoping for a clean sweep of the 980ti and that didn't happen and that "is" what sucks.
    Usually AMD has been best at bang for buck but even that is now in doubt.

12. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    I guess I do, and don't dismiss me as a 'fanboi'. My current card is the first AMD card I've bought in years. My previous one was a 660Ti.

It seems obvious, to me at least, that the Fury X is aimed at 4K+ gaming. How does the 'REFERENCE 980 Ti' compare?

Irrelevant. From what Ive heard the release Fury X isnt currently overclockable.

Windows 10... 4K+ gaming...

13. digitalforce

digitalforce Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    This x 100. I really like my 980 Ti G1 but I would have really rather seen AMD bring some true competition to the market as well. It's not going to bode well for them either as the 390x isn't selling either..

14. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Wrong focus, see above.

I guess it only truly sucks if people don't end up caring about 4K+ gaming...

15. digitalforce

digitalforce Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Those are all fair assessments. Regardless, today, the Fury X is disappointing. If you want to buy it over a 980 Ti. Great. Do it. It's your money.

16. digitalforce

digitalforce Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    And yet even at 4K.. it still can't beat a 980 Ti REFERENCE in some games. With a bare minimum 15% overclock on Ti, I don't understand your argument. :3eyes:

17. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    That I can agree with, especially seeing how I currently game at 1920x1200

Im waiting for Win 10 and Skylake for a rebuild.

18. airfathaaaaa

airfathaaaaa Guest

mantle is blowing us away because the core of mantle is the dx12(literally)... just like the whole mantle api is now vulkan...
    but besides that its a completely new tech of a crucial system of the gpu....amd will provide a better compression data method along with the game devs...

and lol you are comparing a overclocked card to the limits with a refrence card that doesnt even have proper drivers?
    sure that is the proper way to do it...:)

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    This isnt a totally new architecture from scratch, we arent going to see performance increase like the 7970 had..

20. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Which games? I presume ones with recent issues Ive read about here?

Again, irrelevant until the FuryX can be overclocked, which I assume will be soon-ish...