Big Problem with GTX 980Ti + PhysX ON

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CryZENx, Jun 23, 2015.

1. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    Hey guys,
    my problem is when i open softwares or games with PhysX intergration like Batman arkham Knight or software like 3ds max my overclocked memory 4100mhz (600mhz+) will downclock to 3305mhz...this happens even if i disable Kboost.

[​IMG]
    when starting batman arkham knight, its already downclocked in the menu..
    this happens with 3ds max also

[​IMG]
    this is when disable all PhysX in Batman or change my PhysX settings to CPU

i think im the only guy in this planet who cant fix this ****...

i just installed fresh windows 10 or windows 8.1 and win7 (64x) and still happening WTF :bang::bang:

BTW my friend doesnt have this problem :3eyes:

Another guy has problems here with memory idling
    http://forums.cgarchitect.com/78244-titan-x-clock-3dsmax.html
    hope you can help me out:infinity:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    why nobody knows about this problem? :3eyes:
    Manuel G should look at this problem :bang:

3. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    +600Mhz on memory is really pushing it... does it do the same if you drop it down to +500Mhz or +400Mhz?

4. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Also we can't see that you overvoltage or not, I really doupt that you hit such speeds with stock V.
    When you start tough programs you might hit the voltage limit..yes +600 is too high IMO too.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I noticed the 3305 MHz VRAM bug during the first week I had my EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC but since using DDU and reinstalling the v353.06 and now the latest v353.30 drivers I have not seen it since. I thought at first that I had misread the figure but it cropped up a couple of times in games.

6. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    even if i run at stock speeds it goes to idle and funny thing is if i want to change to 200 or 300mhz it goes back to zero... while its running Batman or the software 3ds max. I really dont know what it is, i tried everything to fix it.. disabling 4600HD intel gpu just everything.. my soundcard aswell :bang:
    didnt overvoltage one time, im too scared to run it 24/7

7. COD4000

COD4000 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I am getting the same thing as well with my TitanX. So could be a driver problem.

8. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
  9. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    Bump... no answers from Manuel G

10. JPeso456

JPeso456 Member

GPU:
    Titan X
    @Cryzen, did you ever fix this? If so, how? Same problem here, same game.. However with a Titan x..

11. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    For now i only noticed this in Batman Arkham knight, when i enable paper debris and interactive smoke/fog the memory clocks downclok and lock to 3005mhz. This is the game i can only test because this is the only game i have with physX, i'm installling borderlands 2 i will test if i have the same issue but i think is batman game only.

smoke and/or debris on

[​IMG]

smoke and/or debris off

[​IMG]

edit1: and this is happening on my gtx 980 so i think this is physX bug or game bug.

edit2: no problems with borderlands 2, i will install metro 2033 and lords of the fallen, i'm sure this is a batman bug

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  12. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    It is the same problem that i encounter with metro last light with physx. NVIDIA will have to fix the physx software like they did for metro.

13. JPeso456

JPeso456 Member

GPU:
    Titan X
    @Crazy
    Off topic but I can't' enable OSD on afterburner in this game... The OSD comes up occasionally but I can't get it to come up in-game consistently/every time. How did you guys get the OSD to display in this game using afterburner/RT?

Thanks in advance

JP

14. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    I have the same problem with my 980Ti mem clocks. If I run anything that uses OpenCL or CUDA, the mem clock is always set at lower value (6608 MHz, P2 mode), but it's fine in games and 3D graphics apps/demos. That never happened before with my old 780 Ti, for instance.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Same problem with my Titan X in Batman Arkham Knight and GPU PhysX enabled here. The Titan X' memory downclocks to 3305 MHz, I don't overclock the memory at all.

16. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    go to the rivatuner templates folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\ProfileTemplates

copy the iw6sp64_ship.exe.cfg and rename to BatmanAK.exe.cfg

17. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Same problem here with batman arkham knight memory speed down too 3305 but that game is not a great example its more likely to be a bug in the game.

Tried Batman AC and Batman Origins also Metro Last light and memory is up to normal speed in those titles.

18. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Actually there's a simple fix for that with Nvidia Inspector (for those who use it). In the overclocking panel, select P2 Performance Level and adjust the mem clock to match the P0 State level.

19. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    yeah it solved for me, but i think the game shouldn't be using p2 states

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i though the game will perform a little better with gameworks on, but in the end the game performance was the same, at first i tough this underclocking was one of the reason of the game bad performance, sadly it wasn't.

20. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Same thing happening for me with my 980, now I'm wondering if my 750 ti wasn't clocking right when I set it as dedicated physx, could be why I got a lower score in arkham knight compared to 980 on it's own, this game is seriously borked.