AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jun 22, 2015.

1. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Drivers

Hello everyone,

Click here (www.amd.com/beta) to download the driver and view the release notes.

Compatible Operating Systems

The latest version of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.6 Beta is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:

Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
    Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.6 Beta Windows Driver

Performance and Stability improvements for Batman™: Arkham Knight

Important Note:
    AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman™: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to resolve the issue. An update for this issue will be released as soon as it is available.

Known Issues:
    Batman™: Arkham Knight – The application may crash during in game benchmarking or while exiting the game
    Batman™: Arkham Knight – The screen may turn black or pink while changing resolution to 1680x1050

IMPORTANT NOTE: Catalyst 15.6 Beta DOES NOT support the new AMD Radeon Fury X, Radeon R9 300 Series, and Radeon R 7 300 Series graphics cards. For the Catalyst driver supporting the R9 300 and R7 300 series products, go to: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-300-Series.aspx. The driver package has been updated with Batman: Arkham Knight optimisations.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    :banana: thank you AMD

3. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Hmm, once again no crossfire support for a TWIMTBP game..
    Are AMD unable to cooperate with the developers that use Nvidia thech?

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That was fast. :)

The lack of Crossfire profile will bring much (justified) wrath once again though. It looks like the drivers are part of the "old" fork, they don't even support the 300 series. -.-

5. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    The 300 series drivers are going to be updated and support for Batman added, stay tuned.

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    this is def not amd fault.. reading the nvidia known issues with sli, they should have disabled sli

7. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Why isn't there a unified driver for all gpus?

8. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Batman: Arkham Knight

AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to resolve the issue. An update for this issue will be released as soon as it is available.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

To enable the best performance and experience in Crossfire, users must disable Anti-Aliasing from the games video-post processing options. Some random flickering may occur when using Crossfire. If the issue is affecting the game experience, as a work around we suggest disabling Crossfire while we continue to work with CD Projekt Red to resolve this issue

...well that was really the turning stone for me. Making my purchase of a 980 Ti right... meow. Goodbye AMD!!

(Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" plays in the background")

Don't worry, I still love you guys! I hope you know it's nothing personal... I just really want to play my games!

9. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Interesting...lol I'd rather just stay with the old drivers and see if I can get CF to work. I mean seriously why release these drivers when you you haven't fixed a dam' thing.... "AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman™: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros"...
    You're a joke AMD. :puke2:

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    how about u read the game ready nvidia driver release notes for batman first, and then come back

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Any news on when you'll "merge" those two forks? The performance improvements are very very real for all (at least GCN) cards, and it's kinda sad to see that we have to have people like asder00 and Vbs to make them work for the rest of us.

12. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Finally you are siding with me, about time. Friends?! :D

13. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    The problem is not AMD, it's Nvidia. remember Witcher III on AMD Hardware, yeah that what happening in this game as well. AMD is doing there job to fix it & you can see they release a driver for Batman Arkham Knight today. it look like AMD finally changing there drivers update now

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Bam, new drivers! Thanks.

15. Dreamcream

Dreamcream Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X
    Known Issues:
    [422129] Batman™: Arkham Knight – The application may crash during in game benchmarking or while exiting the game
    [422130] Batman™: Arkham Knight – The screen may turn black or pink while changing resolution to 1680x1050.

I have 1680*1050 monitor. Must i stay old driver(15.5)?

16. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Is this the new plan? Every release say CFX is being worked on, then the next release no mention of the previous games being worked on. Just keep adding it to the pile of AMD is working closely with "X". Hows Dying light cfx coming? TW3 CFX? FC4? Pcars. etc.... etc... etc....

You guys have enough people to work closely with all those developers?

Ill save ya the hassle of the next 10 beta Cats, just highlight the text below and hit Ctrl+C and get ready to Ctrl+V.

AMD is aware of the situation and we are working closely with the game developer.
    If you are experiencing any of the following: Flickering shadows, Black screens, stuttering, erectile dysfunction, or irritable bowel syndrome then disable CFX. GO TIGER TEAM GO!

it's comical at this point to be honest

[​IMG]

17. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    *we recommend disabling crossfire.

You got to make it sound professional.

18. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    judging by the issues for sli in the nvidia driver, i am glad crossfire is disabled, sli should be also.. who knows in what manner did rocksteady break the game

19. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Remember Batman: AC, dx 11 didn't even work. I don't even know when it got fixed, since I never played again.

20. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Dying Light's CrossFire was fixed by a patch from Techland itself IIRC. Can't say about the rest.