Case vs No case

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by StewieTech, Jun 5, 2015.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Do you use a case for your smartphone or not? Explain why.

I normally use a case but i hate using it, it´s strictly about the fear of breaking my device.

Should i have the balls to enjoy it without case, or should i play it safe and be discontent in the process? I can´t reach a conclusion.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    No chance, dropped a s2 twice without case and got two dints in it, amazingly no shattered screen, probably because it snagged on my headphone before dropping.

No idea why you would risk it, phones are thin as is and a thin rubber case with an edge going above the face adds so much more protection.

Someone recently picked my phone out of my pocket and dropped it on a hard floor, can guaruantee that if i had no case it would be a smashed screen

Glass screen protectors help as well

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm pretty good with small electronics, at least in regard to taking care of them. So I tend to go without a case, I find that cases usually to take away a lot from modern phones. I buy a phone in part based upon how it feels in my hand, I dislike having a clunky case wrapped around them due to that.

4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    At least the case i´m using on my moto g 2gn (official flip case) doesn´t feel too intrusive.

[​IMG]

Plus it turns on/off the screen automatically and has a magnet too. Still doesn´t feel quite as well as naked...

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Always use a case. Would rather not destroy a $600+ device by accidentally dropping it.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I hate cases, but you gotta have one. I have one on my phone, both my work phones, and my iPad.

7. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    no case here, never used one, I just don't drop my phones or put them into risky situations, if I'm at the gym I never take it out for example, also I don't use it that much, they are not my main machine like they are for many people nowadays, and lumias can break the floor right?

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yup.

I can't count the times that otter box and zag have saved my butt when I've dropped my phone.

9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I don't use cases as I'm careful. However, I do use a front and rear glass protector just in case...

10. mackie08

mackie08 Guest

GPU:
    4.00 GB

I wonder why you wouldn't want to use a case, it's safer to use one. The main benefit for using a cell phone case is that it protects your phone from damaging drops, spills and even water damage. Mobile cases are wearable and keeps you in style. :banana:

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    The only case I'd use would be the rear/side rubbery/glove-like cases which won't spoil the look of the phone...

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I drop my phones frequently enough that a case is a necessity. I don't buy phones based on "look and feel" anyway. I buy based on features and functionality. I always intend to buy a case the same day I buy the phone.

13. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    I like having a case for protection, ive dropped my phone a couple of times and its definitely helped prevent damage to the bodies. I do prefer caseless though as with a case on you usually lose the nice looks of the phone.

14. SadietheGoat

SadietheGoat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560
    I know myself well enough and I know that I am one unfortunate, clumsy individual so a case has never been an option for me. Does it detract from the look of the phone? No more so than a gnarly cracked screen, and shelling out for a case is always going to be cheaper than buying a new phone.

15. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I have a Lumia 735 and the entire rear cover comes off. Since a new shell is only £13 from Microsoft I bought a shiny orange one to use which is actually grippier than the standard black one.

For the standard black cover which was too slippery I bought a snug gel case. It's so snug that you have to take the case off the phone, put the case in to the gel case and then put your phone in to those two. However being a clear gel case it interferes badly with the phone's flash as it absorbs it.

So by default I only ever use the orange one now.

I never ever put any covers on the screen however as it looks horrible, reflects light, looks greasy when touched, picks up dust and blocks the sensors.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Never had a case on my iPhone 4S or my HTC ONE M8 but had screen protectors. I have a screen protector on my iPhone 6+ and a case but I f***ing hate having a case on the phone. Give me about three more months and the case will be off of it.

17. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    That is the type I use. I bought the exact same case I had for my 4S again when I got my 5S. Just enough protection if it takes a fall.

I had a screen protector on it but started peeling badly pretty quickly so I tore it off in frustration. It was good for another thing that now drives me nuts. FINGERPRINTS! :bang:

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Get a glass screen protector, much better, also helps absorb impacts, more likely to crack that instead of your screen glass. Plus no peeling

19. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I only use a really thin case on my N5. It's sort of like a bumper. Next phone I might just get a tempered glass screen protector. I don't really drop my phone.