The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
  2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    31 hours played at 21% completion. Little need to move on from Novigrad as the game just keeps on piling on the quests and gear. Level 15 right now.

Here's hoping the new 1.05 patch resolves some of the controller issues I've been having that have made Geralt sometimes run around of his own accord or just plain become annoying to control.

3. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I also stopped playing at lvl 14, the game became unplayable for me on PS4, it drops to 18-20 fps at night when it rains or couple of lights appear (in the swamp area and Novigrad). Also the XP glitch is annoying.

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Pretty good optimization for the PS4 version :)

So I hear that the new patch will be coming in 2 days? Is that right?

5. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Thought the patch would be sometime today.

Though I'm in the middle of the Ladies of the Wood quest, and I read that the xp bug didn't start until you get to Novigrad. However I am lvl 11, and the quest page for Ladies... says 'suggested level 6' in green.

I actually held off completing the quest for Deloras' manor (with her brothers body in basement) while on the way to Crookback Bog.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about it. The content is just presented so well, that's more reward than getting or not getting sufficient XP.

6. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    I'm doing my first playthrough by sticking mostly to the story and primary quests with a few side ones thrown in...

serves a few purposes, first one is not over leveling which has been a problem for lot of people, also gives time for the game to be patched to perfection, and also I want to save some stuff for when mod tools come out and then I can replay the game again and do it by doing quests I havent done before so it feels new.

7. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    Didn't know you can show framerates on a console game? Is this new?

8. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    So went and got a 970. Tried playing Witcher 3 and all I get are display driver stopped working messages. Tried Bioshock Infinite, Mechwarrior Online, and a couple other games and no issues with them. Didn't have this issue with the Witcher 3 on my 770 either.

9. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Happen to have any browser open while playing?

10. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Had chrome open in the background.

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I crashed every few minutes till I closed Firefox while playing. Flash vid messing with VRAM or something.

I also had corrupted files that Steam had to fix (11 of them, so it wasnt just a config file I changed - and that hasn't happened since)

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yes, this game can be very touchy with whats running in the background.

One thing I would suggest, which has definitely improved performance for me:

1) Disable the Nvidia Streaming service in the services panel..

2) After you open Witcher, go into task manager and set the priority of witcher3 to high.

Not sure why, but doing these seem to have helped with crashes. I was able to play for several hours last night and only crashed once as opposed to 3-4 times. Even WITH an overclock.

I'm starting to think OC is not as big of a factor as I did initially. It seems the driver stops responding due to the game itself more than anything else.

But yes, also try to minimize apps..

13. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Does anyone else still have a problem with the game switching from Fullscreen to Borderless Window whenever any kind of hang/crash/delay occurs?

Even when I don't have any errors or even minute freezes upon opening/closing the game, I sometimes still find it switched.

I have become used to checking this setting everytime I start playing. 9/10 times it's fine (Fullscreen).

14. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Switched from borderless window to fullscreen and then it ran flawlessly. Except that alt+tabbing out switches it back to borderless and crashes the game. Shame cos I really like borderless window mode.

15. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Seems like all these issues are limited to 900 series so far.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Just picked up this game. Normally I'm a KB/M player but find it much easier on xbox controller. Was hesitant to get the game since didnt like W1, so skipped W2. Hope this one turns out good.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Witcher 2 is pretty different from the first game, I liked it but the combat took a while to get used to and the game engine was heavily reworked from Neverwinter Nights so that had some limitations as well, Enhanced Edition re-release / update cleared up a lot of the remaining bugs though as I remember it, still pretty demanding for it's time and the loading times could be slow too.

18. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I'm wondering about that, myself. Before the 1.03 patch, I didn't have a single crash. Afterwards, I was crashing often, and I know other 980 and 970 users were as well. Whereas other users, mostly Kepler cards, were having the opposite effect - no crashes after crashing alot pre-1.03 patch.

I am still not 100% clear on why I do not crash anymore, or rather not nearly as often (there is always the random, immediate CTD - no hang just desktop). It could be browser related, it could be driver related, or it could be something entirely different.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just started the broken flowers main quest mission at long, long last. Had been avoiding it and two others for as long as I could but it wouldn't hurt to progress the main a little now.

Crafted Cat (Feline) School Gear armour which gives Geralt some rather amazing looking guns and opted for the shaved sides and ponytail, he looks bad ass I must say.

http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/witcher-armor-cat-school-gear/attachment/cat-school-armor-set/

There's just so many little adventures that become a part of the overall larger adventure it's difficult to know which ones to pick to even write about half the time. I did get stuck inside a sunken ship once too which really hit home just how terrifying that must have been for those on board. :D

20. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    a couple of questions guys:

-Where can I see the finished percentage of the game??
    -The time played seems to be broken in my case as it tells me I have played 10 days...LOL...cant be real...am I the only one with this problem??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.