AMD Driver DLLs Repository and Performance Survey

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrMinisterGR, May 30, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hello there,

After seeing asder00's thread about modding the "R9 3xx" driver, by using driver DLLs, I thought it would be a good idea to have a dll repository for people who might want to try a specific driver with a specific game, without uninstalling their current drivers.

The procedure is simple.

1) Open the link, select the API that your game/app is using and navigate to the driver you want.

2) Find where the actual executable of the game you want to run resides (no launchers, the actual .exe), and paste the files in there. The game will work as long as your hardware is supported by the driver version of the DLLs in question and the WDDM version of the driver you inject is the same as the one you have installed.

3) Play.

[==================================]

I have created a Google Survey for performance depending the configuration and driver version. Please take 30 seconds of your time and reply. No login is required. Once we have a meaningful sample, I'll start posting the results in this post. The more of us reply, the better our data will be. :)

Please tell me if you want me to add more games to the survey.

NOTE: If you upgrade to a new driver altogether and you want to use it with your game, you HAVE to delete the dll files. The dlls are not magic, if your hardware is not supported by the driver they belong to, then they won't work and they might crash your computer. You cannot use legacy hardware with them.

PRECAUTIONS: If your game crashes when you put the DLL in the correct folder, various issues might be the cause.
    1) Programs that try to "hook" on the game process. Some examples are: Raptr/Gaming Evolved, Xsplit, OBS, Riva Tuner Statistics Server, D3D Overrider, MSI Afterburner, RadeonPro. You can even try removing SweetFX/Reshade/ENB files from the game's directory, if it insists on not running.
    2) The driver DLL you are using has incompatibilities with the Catalyst version you have installed. It is generally a good idea to make sure that the driver DLL you are putting in the game's folder is older than the main driver you use. Drivers that are meant to work for older versions of Windows (especially with different WDDM versions), will most likely not work between them. (If you are on Windows 10 with WDDM 2.0, the DLL of a driver supporting WDDM 1.3 won't work).
    3) Remote possibility that your antivirus believes that some kind of weird DLL injection is going on.
    4) If you really need to try everything, you can try disabling the Catalyst Control Center from starting with the computer.
    If you use Windows 7: Start ---> Run ---> Type 'msconfig' and press enter. Go to the Startup tab and untick the checkbox next to 'Catalyst Control Center'.
    If you use Windows 8/8.1/10: Open the Task Manger, press the More Details arrow, go to the Startup tab, right click on the 'Catalyst Control Center' entry and select 'Disable'.
    Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

RESULTS: Anybody can manually see the results here. Once I'll have a meaningful sample I'll try to make them more presentable.

REQUESTS: Feel free to ask for specific driver versions, I'll try to put them up as soon as possible.

LOL: If you make Youtube videos with files taken from this thread and this repository, please at least have to balls to link back, we could always use more testing. Same for any other linking from anywhere else.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Ozi and Skinner like this.
  2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    what is 1036 dll?

Nevermind just found out :p

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  3. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I find this idea as interesting as useful.

Thanks, PrMinisterGR :)

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Good idea to partially solve another AMD "smart idea": CAP system shutdown.

AMD shoud think about why his customers need to use workarounds to solve AMD drivers problems like:

- RadeonPro: A good (and unique) tool to fine tune graphic settings on AMD GPUs: Shutted down by an AMD partner.

Alternative?: NONE ON SIGHT

- Incomplete support for VSR and/or less performing W8.1 drivers for DX11 games:

Alternative?: MODDED DRIVERS

- CAP system shutdown due to integrated (harcoded) CFX profiles:

Alternative?: A LA "SweetFX" solution, DLLs on .exe game folder

Please AMD don't make users do your obligation: Driver support. :)

5. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Great idea :)

6. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I have decided to have separate folders per API, and I'm also uploading the OpenGL dlls now, if anyone needs them, please be a bit patient, I have 1mbit upload :p

7. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    You da man. Saved a lot of people some work. Thanks.

8. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Can you add the r9 3xx driver dll's?

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They'll be up in 10. :banana:

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I feel your pain, i though my ISP gives me a bad connection with only 10 Mb bandwith but you have worst! :(

A few more weeks/months for a 300 Mb connection....arghhhh!

11. fish

fish Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 XT
    Great Idea ;)

I've tested all versions on Project Cars / win 8.1 / 290x

I watched the same replay and took the readings at the start of the race and 10 seconds into the race when only the players car was on screen.

[​IMG]

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks for this chart. :)

You must be a true Project CARS fan!

13. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Thank you very much :)

14. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    There's just one small problem with this method. Any settings that you might have in CCC or RadeonPro gets ignored. At least that's what happened with DOOM 3 BFG when I used an older OpengGL.dll.

15. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Pretty cool though for testing, i like!

:banana:

16. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So basically we can get the best dll for specific game..lol this is interesting. So if one driver is better in one game just load that DLL etc etc. This is just awesome.

Can you do a frametime test aswell please

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    PrMinisterGR Great job again mate, nice thread. Thanks for this; bookmarked, and I'll be sharing it around the net (hope you don't mind buddy). I shall always credit it to this thread.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  18. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Man, you're a Spanish guy just like me, aren't you? Movistar is your ISP, right? So is mine, and therefore I'm also waiting to have 300/30 ;)

Sorry for the OT :p

19. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    With the same (low) settings and launch commands (-pthreads 4 -skipcrowds) for pCARS, BMW M3 GT @ Spa (just me), on the grid start on Windows 8.1...
    15.5s : 49fps
    15.5 with "fiji" dlls : 40 fps
    15.5s with 1036 dlls: 53fps

With my old and weak system, I'll take almost every gain I can get, sometimes I turn off shadows completely but I prefer to use "low." :)

20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Can someones do some testing on other games with the 15.5 with 1036 dlls and compare results with official 15.5 beta?