EVGA leaks GeForce GTX 980 Ti SKU lineup and prices

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 29, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The release of the GeForce GTX 980 Ti will be soon, some photo's already have surfaced. EVGA on their end made a rather unfortunate mistake, as there is an EVGA SKU listing of GTX 980 Ti GPUs incl p...

EVGA leaks GeForce GTX 980 Ti SKU lineup and prices

2. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    First!

That's pretty expensive though!

3. Katsukage

Katsukage Guest

GPU:
    CFX 290x
    Ok, good news for the 6 gigs of ram but...the **** is this price ? And now the titan X (as every others titans) is unless for this price, or maybe for the 12 gigs of rams...if there is people who really need it...

4. Davud

Davud Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    Why just not put it in Titan team?
    800$ is closer to thousand not 550$!!!!

5. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Hmm...

Nvidia must be very confident that the new AMD cards will be worse than we think. And if they are, thats bad. Otherwise I think Nvidia must drop this price by $100 and drop the price of 980 too.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    dat price tho

7. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    850-900 :/ i guess its paper routes and lawns this summer.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This the first non-Titan single GPU that costs that much. nVidia is out of their mind with those prices.

9. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Looks good but a bit pricey.

There was a rumour that when the Ti came out that the regular 980 would get a price drop. Doesn't look likley though with this price for the Ti :/

10. riot83

riot83 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    I bet the price is jacked so high because there isn't any competition right now and once AMD comes out with the new card nVidia will just drop the prices.

They're just trying to make as much money as they can before AMD's card comes out.

11. Dataplague

Dataplague Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X 12gb
    I'm begging, praying AMD knock Nvidia into touch.The 980 TI is gonna hit scan.co.uk at around £600-625 is my guess, and that's just effing extortionate. I had the Titan X, great card, sold it soon as I heard about the Ti, was hoping to sli them, but it's getting harder and harder to justify the expense on all these toned down console ports

£525 is what I'd call acceptable, but, Nvidia aren't known for that really are they

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I think high end cards are getting way too pricey.

13. Dellers

Dellers Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti Trio
    Considering that the dollar is very strong atm it doesn't sound like a good plan to price it that high. The prices of high end graphics cards are too high already IMO, and it certainly won't help to increase them even more in addition to the terrible exchange rates.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed. Mostly on green side though, where are the days when flagship cards ware 500$? What nVidia is doing isnt helping PC gaming one bit.

15. jerzeeloon

jerzeeloon Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 ti hybrid sc2
    Honestly for me $700 would have been stretching it but $800 nvidia has lost there minds. There's really no point in paying $250 more then a 980 for 7 more fps. Might as well jump out the window and buy the titan x and get 15-20 more fps. When the 780ti launched it was a full gk210 for $700, now there trying to sell a cut down for $800. F$%k them

16. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Small incremental performance increases coupled with ridiculous and insulting pricing, and for what, shoddy console ports that don't always run properly even with 4 cards and a profile.

Nvidia can go play in traffic tbh.

FTR, I'd be more than happy to pay these prices if the performance was in line with the pricing, but between this and the TX (neither of which are very impressive given what they cost), I'm not even remotely tempted.

I guess we'll see if Pascal offers any incentive to buy new cards.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  17. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I was waiting to buy two 980Ti cards but I was too impatient for their release. I got the Titan X for SLI instead. I'm glad I didn't wait. Titan might cost a bit more,but it's also bit better. "Ain't no such thing as overkill"

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    This is what I suspected. If true a little more than my 780ti`s were. I expected them to be around that price without any conformation. At least its a 6gb card, that might of priced it higher than a 780ti which has 3gb of vram.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is simple, nVidia puts this price, people buy before Fiji comes. Price reduction comes right after Fiji.

If anyone here goes with 980Ti, i would advice to get it from place which guarantees money difference back if product gets cheaper in under 30 days.

20. ChuckyDB

ChuckyDB Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980TI poseidon
    Hope they drop the price a bit once the 390x comes