AMD Fiji XT Photo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 28, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Alright, one more then. Let's just call it Fiji XT. Below the fold a photo of AMDs flagship graphics card, codenamed "Fiji-XT"....

AMD Fiji XT Photo

2. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Thats a really small sexy card!Me likey!

3. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I concur!

4. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    But... but... how about 120hz monitors that utilizes dual dvi ports ???

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Unfortunatly, DVI is being phased out. You will either need to get a new monitor with a display port or hdmi connector or get an active adapter.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Looks like a short PCB plus rad. But hey, most importantly: LED lighting on the rather plastic looking back of the card :p

I hope we see some benchmarks soon.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    AMD should send one to Hilbert's Test Lab, so we can end all those nasty stories floating around.

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So true.

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Do they offer the new monitor with it ? What am i doing with my DVI :[

10. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    No matter what the performance in the end I'm not excited anymore cause WTF. Please AMD just give us our drivers for witcher 3 and project cars. i can't stand having to suffer. I holding off with those games while almost all my friends are playing it right now without performance issues. I'm running crossfire and not getting my moneys worth anymore so great we get a new card that will be butchered by bad drivers and so on. Will still like to see HBM though but that's about it. Nvidia getting it anyway later on.

Also no DVI so WTF AMD. I know DVI is dead technology but still to many running it. How hard is it to include 1 dvi port at least cause you will sell more cards. Now I need active displayport to dual link DVI adapater and they rare here and expensive. I starting to understand the whole gameworks and g-sync thing. Having more control is in the end better cause you can do better support and tweak it for specific products and get the most out of it.

Last edited: May 28, 2015

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I haven't had a dvi monitor for a long long time :eek: I would even need to buy one of the cheapest monitors to even get dvi now.

12. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Still waiting for Pascal <== With HBM2. So, next year then......

13. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Are the LEDs on the backp or behind the logo on the side?

14. Nyralim

Nyralim Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X OC/ 8192 MB
    All new NVidia Cards have a DVI-Connector. They most likely aren't that stupid to include it. DVI offers 144Hz support, and digital image. Sound is an other matter. So it is a very popular connector and most definetly not phased out. I am sure AMD didn't include it because they had to make compromisses with this gpu.But for everyone who doesn't like Display port a simple HDMI cable would do the trick. Without 144Hz support though.

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    You use the DP or HDMI adaptator who is in the box of the gpu ?

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    How can one does not like DP? It is equal/superior quality/feature to both DVI-D and HDMI.
    I actually hoped for HDMI to go away, but it keeps evolving and returning.
    And btw, there are perfectly working converters from DP to DVI/HDMI. Sapphire gives one quite often with high end cards. It is probable that Fiji will have one too since it does not have DVI-D.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh, hmm you might be right with that ;)

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    i must also say I get why there's no DVI cause this is not where what this card is designed for. Remember they will have a Fiji Watercooled and air cooled version so maybe the aircooled will come with DVI. They thought well if you still runing DVI with this card you doing it wrong. Let's just see and hope that they will bring a card with DVI out but it doesn't bother me that much cause how AMD is doing and the recent thing about the drivers being way below par it's a no brainer for me to go Nvidia. I'm not fully against AMD cause I know they can do better. If only the drivers was on time and they at least had better PR and not worried about this "The fixer" nonsense then I will be happy to buy AMD card again.

one of my clan mates went from r9 290 3 way crossfire to gtx980 and playing on rog swift now and he told me it was so worth it. He told me if I don't believe him I can go and have a look. He's not super rich like throw money left right and center but he couldn't stand it any longer. paying an arm and a leg for a setup that's not near worth his performance at this time. I'm just awaiting to see performance on 980ti and price of course. You can have the best gpu physically and it can be the best out there but coupled with bad software/drivers then you can also make it the worst experience ever and although I can't say it's going to be bad cause no one can predict the performance unless you have it in your hands right now. I'm still excited to see what it can do but mainly for the HBM part. ike i said before it's not something special AMD kind of thing cause Nvidia will use it on Pascal so I see Nvidia is just waiting for HBM 2 or HBM 3 or something.

I hope i'm wrong about everything and AMD actually do something good for a change but heck I'm still scared if this thing performs good at first with games out now how can I be sure in the near future when more games comes out i will get good/stable performance. They should give good support no matter if they working on this or not cause i can tell you one thing many people will not buy AMD cards again due to the support they getting right now. the point is support right now is more important than support when new cards hit the market.

19. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    I'm in the clear I guess - this is my monitors output specs :

BenQ XL2420T

VGA
    DVI-D (dual link)
    2 x HDMI
    DisplayPort
    Headphones
    USB upstream
    3 x USB downstream

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yeah, it's all HDMI now....

VGA was LONG gone, now DVI is on it's way out...