Razer Firefly Gaming Mousepad has Customizable Lighting FX

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    In value that's a difference of 39%, and again, EU gets screwed.
    Good thing I don't see any reason to buy myself such a mousepad for €75... no matter how shiny and customizable it is.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's annoying enough when a mouse has bright lights, let alone a mousepad all around.

4. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 4070
    Indeed. I had zowie mice with no option to turn it off! :bang:

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Duct tape? :D

But seriously, if they require a cable for such mouse pad, they might add a USB connector for the mouse cord, or even a bungee.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I agree. Nothing more distracting that a bright light flashing on a mouse. I turned the pulsating Razer logo off on my DeathAdder.

7. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Razer guys lost their mind long ago. And 75EUR for something worth 10EUR (Max) with distraction feature...who wants to be distracted?

8. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    razer is blingbling purpose
    & not refining the actual function or they already reach where there no to improve?

i still using old icemat (steelseries i-2 experience) glass pad
    it really worth the money considering how long it lasts

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I still use the Ironclad mouse pad. Best glide you can get from a mouse on a surface.

10. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Depends, I tend to keep my gaming room fairly dark so I rely on backlights to see what I'm doing, I also have full Ambx lights both Phillips and Cyborg setup which give a nice glow and work really well for films, I would consider buying one of these just for the lighting.

11. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    i am generally a sucker for colour changing peripherals - dont know why, i just love having colour matching equipment on my desk :)

I dont need a new mouse pad but would have considered buying this for 50% of the asking price.

way too much money for what they are offering. i'll stick to my G440, kthnx.

12. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 4070
    It is on the mouse wheel. It so bright that it lights up my room, shines through mouse paint & can see where thin plastic/paint is by brighter spots :/

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  13. PeteBeMe

PeteBeMe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce
    I have a Razer Naga mouse, Razer Orbweaver Stealth keypad and a Razer Destructor 2 mouse pad. The Naga and the Orbweaver I have had to repair but I appreciate all of them. The Firefly appears to me as rubbish as you lose a USB port, the box at the top of the mouse pad blocks the mouse cable and/or mouse movement at the top of the pad. Backlighting is great for gaming in the dark especially when changing between controls but I do not hold my mouse pad, I hold my controllers.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    indeed this why i disabled the lights on my G502, why the hell some one would want "powered" mousepad just shiny led lights is beyond me, Then again there people that light up the inside of the PC with all those led lights and have side window too, So all that "light" goes out in to the room.

I Find that just as usless, I dont care if the inside of pc case has shiney lights i dont stare at it inside of case. I there for I want all sounds and lights kept in the case as best as possible, as in dark room why would i want light coming out my pc,

Let alone my mouse or mouse pad