Witcher 3 patch for better graphics on the PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by zer0_c0ol, May 21, 2015.

1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Oh dear... Flashbacks.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I remeber them saying the cant make games for console with out downgrading graphics for the pc so they wont do consoles, and here they are doing consoles still and still downgrading

4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Yep, big time hypocrisy.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Did they actually say that?

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    They also admitted that without the $ they would make from bringing the game to consoles, they could not afford to make Witcher 3 the way they envisioned. And what then? You'd have a game that is pc exclusive with less content, worse graphics, shorter and overall way worse than what it is now. I'm sure nobody here would have complained about that at all.. Give me a break.

For all the people who still want to throw $hit at CDPR, would you rather them just not make the game at all? You can call them hypocrites and liars and fraudsters all you like, but the bottom line is that it takes money, and a lot of it, to make a game like Witcher 3.. They're simply not going to find all that money just selling a pc exclusive..

Some of the people who keep chastizing cdpr need to get a friggin clue

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Exactly, with a smaller market how would you expect them to attract financial backers.

You can't make a game like this on the cheap, and the only way any devs will ever make high end PC only games will be you giving them the money before they have even started it.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes this was like 3+ years ago on some article gamespot had with them, or was it crytek, both were pc only till the fiqure consoles where beter way to go

I really cant remeber but seriously so long as consoles come out there 2+ years behind pc tech performance on there launch we will have pc game held back EVEN if there is PC game cause simple fact if the PC game graphics blew the console out of the water sony/ms would all have heart attack. hence the make these time exclusives when they can.

9. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    ...and on top of that, hypothetically speaking even if they did manage to pull out the game with the 2013 graphics chances are only the most expensive rig would be able to run it at decent frame rates then you're just going to have a bunch of people complaining that it is poorly optimised etc anyway

as is I thought the game looks very good for a 2015 game and at times look stunning, runs perfectly fine maxed out apart from hairworks off on my gtx970 @1440p, the amount of contents that's in the game is simply jaw dropping...played over 10 hours and I am only at like 6% completion rate lol

yea sure people are probably entitled to feel a little upset over the supposed downgrade but it's seriously been blown out of proportions...CDPR should be commended for such a great game

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I agree and to be honest, i think the next witcher or their next game should focus purely on consoles only and then at a later date do a pc version after they make bank from the console sales.

This will allow to get the most a third party dev can get out of a console which in turn then makes it a better version to build on for the pc release.

In short.. let console sales fund a better PC version, like similar to R*.

11. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    This is what they should do with most of the games. It would be worth the wait in my opinion.

12. Adil0n

Adil0n Guest

GPU:
    POV GTX 470 1Gb
    This... Should be the way, was about to say the same thing. I don't care on getting PC games later than console player, as long as the PC game is optimized and truly adapted to PC and not a fancy graphics port

13. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    With so many gamers wanting to pre-order and be one of the first to play a AAA game, I doubt this trend will change. We are partly responsible.

14. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    So... basically they have a patch in the works that will increase graphical fidelity? I don't mind since I won't actually play my copy for quite awhile, but it sure sucks for people planning to play it at launch. :/

15. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    "Not because of consoles"
    "Didn't know about the technical limitations they'd encounter"

My BS meter hit 10.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I think you're missing the point, and i cant say for all, but the fact that they showed what the game looked like in 2013, and delivered a different looking game, is the problem. Is it because of consoles? So they say, however, the frustration likely wouldnt be there if they didnt show everyone a BETTER looking game, 2 years ago

18. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Consoles whilst much hated on here are a necessary evil and without them you wouldn't have the scope of some of these games. Many years ago you could have PC only games and not have to ever bother touching consoles but if you want realistic animations, voice action, visuals, sound and music scores you're going to have to pay big style for them. Some of my most fond games are from teams that were smaller than a sound team used in a modern AAA game, but this is just not viable anymore.

You simply cannot make games that look fantastic with massive open worlds on a shoe string budget and a way to increase that budget is to develop for more platforms like it or not. I'll agree from what I've seen it doesn't blow me away but I still reckon that behind all these salty tears is a kick ass game with a great story. **** do people only play with visuals nowadays or what? If CDPR cut the game in half and removed the sandbox because of console fair enough go have a cry about it, but being upset that the visual don't meet the expectations of a video trailer (designed to get people interested and buying/preordering the game) seems somewhat shallow considering the rest of the game appears to be pretty good.

Hell it's not as **** as Colonial Marines was..

19. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    And that below statements like "everything in this video shows actual game footage" should include additional info "* footage of game that will never be released and does not represent anything like the final product".

Showing game demos, teasing players, and after getting money, delivering something else is a blatant lie.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There was no lie as the game had changed a long time before the game was released, everyone had plenty of time to cancel.