Coollaboratory Liquid Copper ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MasterBash, May 20, 2015.

1. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    So I was randomly browsing the net to buy some CLU for cheap, because when I changed my motherboard and I picked up the CPU, I noticed the heatspreader wasnt "glued" to my processor, although there was CLU on the heatspreader. From what I was told, it was supposed to "solder" both together, while mine stayed liquid for many months. I am out of it right and I am definitely looking to buy more "just in case".

Anyway, I also need more thermal paste. A few people recommend to change GPU TIM for something better, even when it is brand new. I came across the Coollaboratory Liquid Copper version. Has anyone tried it out yet? Its similar to a compound like NT-H1, AS5, etc... Its not liquid metal. I read a review... the review itself was pretty bad. However, if it is better than NT-H1/MX4, maybe it would be worth trying. I usually buy NT-H1 everytime, but I read the MX4 is a little bit better. Both are the same price. I prefer non electically conductive tim, but I am still interested to hear about the CLC.

2. raptor15sc

raptor15sc Guest

GPU:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X 64GB
    I've used the Ultra version 4 times and i've had great results. I recommend it. I've never seen the Copper version, sorry.

3. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+