No CPU 1 to 4 Temp anymore in MSI Afterburner 4.1.0

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Nemzag, May 11, 2015.

1. Nemzag

Nemzag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 DCMOC 4GB
    No CPU1 to CPU4 Temperature anymore in MSI Afterburner 4.1.0

Hi, today I replaced my Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz (65W) with a Core 2 Quad Q9650 3GHz (95W) on my Asus P5K-E BIOS 1305... Also, I changed the power source for processor from 4-pin ATX12V v2.2 to 8-pin EPS12V v2.91 from my Antec Earth-Watts 650W...
    I checked MSI Afterburner 4.1.0 to activate monitoring in O.S.D. of the new Core 3 & 4 (for CPU Usage & CPU Temperature) but there is only CPU Usage there is no more CPU Temperature even for the CPU1 & CPU2...
    What's happen, can someone help, please ? I need my CPU Temp...

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Reinstall Afterburner and RTSS?

3. Nemzag

Nemzag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 DCMOC 4GB
    Al-ready done, I also re-moved MSI After-burner but I keeped the con-fig files and re-in-stalled, same pro-blem no CPU1 to CPU4 temperature...

Do you think I should e-rase every-thing and re-in-stall ? There is no other solution...

It's strange that the CPU temperature are shown in CPUID HWMonitor & HWINFO64... So I don't under-stand why MSI After-burner have trouble...

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  4. Nemzag

Nemzag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 DCMOC 4GB
    I re-moved MSI After-burner and deleted con-fig file, re-in-stalled but pro-blem is still there...

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  6. Nemzag

Nemzag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 DCMOC 4GB
    That's sad, but normaly if I be-lieve what I read in MSI After-burner v4.1.0 ReadMe.pdf, in section "Version 3.0.0 (published on 21.05.2014)" :
    Ad-ded CPU temperature monitoring (Intel Core 2 and newer Intel CPUs only), CPU usage, RAM usage and page-file (com-mit charge)
    usage graphs to hard-ware monitoring module.
    Q9650 is a Intel Core 2, so why it's not showing CPU Temperature like the E6850 ?

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Read the previous post slowly and a few times please.

8. Nemzag

Nemzag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 DCMOC 4GB
    Thank for re-sponse, I readed it several time, I under-stand... But it's just a question...
    What's the pro-blem my CPU or MSI after-burner ?
    Be-cause my CPU is a new one that I got just today, so I was worry that may-be he had a bug...
    I just don't under-standed why my Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz had CPU1 to CPU2 Temperature and not the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3GHz...

Still, any-one have a solution with a little modi-fication in registry or in con-fig file in PROFILES\MSIAfterburner.cfg ??? I don't see in the file "+CPU1 Temperature" to "+CPU4 Temperature" and "[Source CPU1 temperature]" to "[Source CPU4 temperature]"...

Please some-one help, I really need CPU Temperature in games...

9. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Why not use HWiNFO64 + RTSS for CPU stats? That is what I have done: i.imgur.com/3IZHKCR.png

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

See the guy who told you to read the post slowly again?

He is the developer of Afterburner, what makes you think anyone else will be able to help you more?

11. Nemzag

Nemzag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 DCMOC 4GB
    Yeah, now I use HWINFO64 to add Total CPU Temp & CPU FAN RPM to OSD... But I had a pro-blem with HWINFO64, he was slowing the PC in games, some kind of freeze/lock, I re-moved monitoring of my Hard Drives (S.M.A.R.T.) and no more pro-blem...

I don't know, may-be some-one know a trick...
    The de-veloper said that in MSI Afterburner "CPU temps is (for Intel Nehalem and newer CPUs only)", but in ReadMe.pdf of MSI After-burner v4.1.0, in section "Version 3.0.0" (published on 21.05.2014), I read that the Intel Core 2 are sup-ported, and yes my Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 (Conroe 65nm) had CPU1 & 2 Temperature, and now with the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 (Yorkfield 45nm) I don't have those, so I was thinking that may-be my Q9650 had a bug... That's all...
    Now, I know that is a missing feature in AB, hope they cor-rect it, even if there is no sup-port for that part of the pro-gram made for GPU...
    I needed those temperature to test my new FAN (Intel E30307-001) in games... Be-cause, it's seems that I have over-heating issues (be-cause my FAN should work at 2.500 ~ 3.400 RPM +/-10% and is working at 1.800 ~ 2400 RPM and my CPU at full load 100% has 74°C (in games) and in Intel Q9650 page, the Tcase is 71,4°C (also the core#0 always have 7~5°C more than other cores), after some search, I readed that the Tjunction Max is 100°C so no need to worry... I tested my new CPU with Intel® Processor Dia-gnostic Tool x64 (full load test) and he said "Temperature = 43 degrees C below maximum".

Now, I use HWINFO64 with MSI After-burner to get Total CPU Usage (like that I can re-move 4 lines of CPU1 to CPU4 Usage), CPU Temperature & CPU FAN RPM.

P.S. : I think the de-veloper should add to AB, in OSD "CPU___:" line :
    • Total CPU Usage (for 8 cores and mores, be-cause 8 lines for CPU1 to CPU8 it's to much)
    • Total CPU Temperature (for 8 cores and mores)
    • CPU FAN (RPM)
    And in OSD "GPU___:" line :
    • GPU1~X Driver version

12. Nemzag

Nemzag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 DCMOC 4GB
    Hi, Unwinder, I want to thank-you (very much) be-cause in new version 4.1.1 my CPU (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3GHz) is sup-ported and "CPU1 to CPU4 temperature" are back, and now, we have "Total CPU usage & temperature" more...

But three thing re-main to ad-d to O.S.D to be really com-plete :
    • "CPU Fan tacho-meter" in R.P.M & "CPU Fan speed" in % in CPU "Override group name" O.S.D line,
    • "GPU Driver version" in "Override group name" = "GPU" O.S.D" line (to know in O.S.D bench-mark screen-capture what driver is used),
    • "GPU model" in "Override group name" = "GPU" O.S.D line (to know in O.S.D bench-mark screen-capture what model is used).
    Thanks again be-cause you said that my Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3GHz CPU trouble will not have sup-port but my pro-blem is re-solved... That's very kind from you...
    (P.S : I sup-pose it was easy to cor-rect the no CPU1~4 Temperature pro-blem, since my pre-vious Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz was sup-ported in MSI Afterburner 4.1.0 since the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3GHz is not so dif-ferent. ReadMe.pdf "Version 3.0.0 (published on 21.05.2014)" : "Added CPU temperature monitoring (Intel Core 2 and newer Intel CPUs only), CPU usage, RAM usage and pagefile (commit charge)
    usage graphs to hardware monitoring module")

Keep going like this... Good day.

Last edited: May 31, 2015