Project Cars INFERIAL performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by klaupe, May 7, 2015.

1. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    Project Cars TERRIBLE performance

So, AMDMatt,
    perhaps you can explain
    why AMD completely ignored the most anticipated pc racing sim for years?
    Is it true, that you got 20 PCars Test-Accounts from WMD for driver development years before and you literally did NOTHING?
    Is it true, that the last email you wrote to the developer was in Oct. 2014, although you was invited to take part of the development (While Nvidia supported the development actively?)

Are those things completely untrue?

There is no time for nice words any more, i can´t think of any explanation of this, if it´s true.

I, as a customer EXPECT an answer.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol you're very demanding.. :D

3. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    He´s paid for community management. So, that´s what i´m waiting for.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Talking like that to people will get you nothing. Learn to talk with some respect

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    What sorta answer do you expect? It just seems you're venting. Do you really think you will make a difference rofl?

If they look into it they will...

Rofl agreed with nlkoho, you're just EXPECTING an answer, bro get off your high horse and talk with some respect. :D

6. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well i am not here to defend AMD, but i did benchmark the game when it was in developing and there was a guy of SMS answering questions on steam.

In october there was already a lot of people reporting bad performance on AMD side, and i remember the answer was that they had AMD and nvidia people working in the game.
    Because everyone was pointing fingers for a AMD disoptimized game to satisfy nvidia optimizations.

And now they come and say that AMD don't done nothing after October, that sounds like a big lie with all their teeths, look.. They claim they don't recieve a cent of Nvidia, are they kidding me?
    They have billabords all over the place with the logo of nvidia during the races, menus, intros, everywhere, even on console versions we find nvidia logos all over the place.
    Its impossible they don't get paid for it, so thats another lie.

Second thing, SMS is the same developers who develop Shift 1 and Shift 2, not sure if anyone remembers but they were horrible ports for AMD systems, having a lot of problems and poor performance comparing to nvidia which was butter smooth.

So the story repeats again.

I am pretty sure that AMD should improve they overhead on drivers, but i have a feeling that, this is not entirely AMDs fault.
    SMS was always a 100% nvidia studio and all their games always worked like crap on AMD.
    Just like the same way that the Game Rage from John Carmack, a nvidia fanboy developer, created that id tech sucks engine to decompress texture using Cuda, and the users of intel and AMD couldn't use it, neither OpenCL, AMD/intel GPU users were forced to use CPU for decompressing, creating a very big CPU requirement for the game and a severe lack of performance.

Funny thing is that Carmack is a fan of open source and OpenGl, but they used Cuda instead of OpenCl to satisfy its nvidia fanboy fetish.

Same goes for SMS.

7. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Respect? For what?
    I´m not insulting no one, but there´s no room for respect any more.

Almost every non-frostbite game was flawed at least x-fire-wise in the last year, i can´t hear those empty "evil nvidia", "evil gameworks", "evil weather" phrases any more.
    AMD doesn´t take part of game development, that´s why we got miserable performance.
    Look at the benchmarks.

we.had.one.official.beta.driver.this.year.

The community has to convert windows 10 drivers, because AMD doesn´t give a s*** about current OS, current GPU-gen users.

If it´s very demanding to expect an answer to the threads question, okay, well, then it shall be...

8. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    I remember SHIFT 2 and the issues with crossfire. Maybe P Cars uses the same engine.
    And it wasn't fixed. Was a patch or two, but it was the same performance.

9. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    In this case single GPU performance is a bad joke too...

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What does INFERIAL mean?

Meant to say INFERIOR?

There's already discussion in the PCars thread about this, tweets from AMD and alsorts - reading would explain a lot

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    How do I benchmark the game effectively?

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    First of all, your spelling of "inferior" is so unique that there are no other instances I can find it on Google. That's something. :D
    Many times it matters more how you ask than what you ask.

AMD has been obviously working in the game, they have a Catalyst profile for it since Catalyst 12.2 (search for pCARS.exe). That means that whatever that developer guy said about no response from AMD is probably bullcrap. Combine that with the NVIDIA logo being on everywhere except toilet paper, and that gives a good image of the situation as far as I understand. Carmack had to use CUDA because back then OpenCL was in a trully terrible state. All the RAGE engine games run completely fine on AMD hardware nowdays (Wolfenstein and Evil Within being two examples).

On the other hand, the guy might be right, AMD might have had a profile for their game for three years (like they had for GTA V btw), but they might have done some last moment engine changes and then performance went 50% down.
    Which sounds like an engine programmer forgot some comma or something in the code, and something goes half the speed if you have AMD.

I'll bench the game, I'll probably get it anyway, I want to see if there are gonna be any differences between the 15.4 and 1018.1 drivers.

EDIT: Google finds more instances of inferial, I am an idiot :D

13. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    I asked myself too after creating the thread...
    Replace it by something "not good".

Anyway, even an AMD fanboy would admit, that it´s at least partly a driver problem. And that´s the driver section.

But thanks for the hint.

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I know it sucks to be in your position OP but you really need to research the games you buy a bit before pulling the trigger. Prime example, although it's less than 5 dollars on Kinguin, I just can't bring myself to buy Watch Dogs because I know it's one of those "green" games.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/6966/watch-dogs-deluxe-edition-uplay-key/

Better to read up on things a bit to save yourself a bit of frustration.

15. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    That´s why I think much of you are far too less demanding.

Did we buy AMD-cards only to play "red games"?

I didn´t think something like:

"Okay, I buy 2x290s, to play one third of AAA-games, because the others could be NVIDIA-infected"

"I won´t buy

PCars
    Witcher 3,
    Far Cry 4,
    Dying Light,

at first.

I´ll buy them, when they perhaps get fixed after half a year, and all my friends with nvidia cards finished them months before."

Sry, if i knew that before, i would have never touched any AMD GPU.

Yes, this is 100% my opinion, yes, i lost patience, and yes, i can take the bashing for being realistic.

16. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Need For Speed Shift was a damn disaster on launch for AMD. HD 4870 were performance worse then a 9600gt before the patch. If you ran the game on even on a R9 290 without the first patch, the gpu usage is barely 50% just like on launch in 2009.

It was almost like they didnt even test the game on radeon gpus back then.

Im not blaming AMD on this. But when I see nvidia stuff all over the game, Physx 3.0 as well, I dont have that much trust with SMS on this.

I wouldnt care to be mad for nvidia owners to get extra features in games as long as it doesnt hurt AMD performance. But once again, PC gaming is segmented in the gpu department.

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Neither AMD or Nvidia have any obligation to take part of game development. If you're old enough to remember the old days when people had 9600 baud modems, you didn't download new drivers because it took hours or days. That's IF there even were driver updates. Game developers should be making sure their games work with GPU drivers, not vice versa.

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lol indeed, I agree with nhlkoho on that one.

But klaupe, there might be AMD games too, no? Same thing.

19. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    It's a NVidia GameWorks title, and AMD performance is at least 50% under what you would normally expect. Even without any optimizations, the R9 290X should at least beat a GTX 770.

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Simply the company didn't care about AMD lol, nvidia all the way... simple as that. What answer do you expect from AMD then klaupe?