Evaluation of a PC I'd like to buy

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Fallingwater, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Fallingwater

Fallingwater Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX560
    A few years ago I built a mini-ITX light-gaming PC for a friend. Nowadays she doesn't use it anymore, and I just so happen to need one, so I asked if she'd like to sell it and she said yes. Thing is, I'm not sure how much it's worth.

Here are the specs:

Mobo: Asrock H67M-ITX
    CPU: i5 2300
    GPU: Radeon HD 6670
    RAM: 8GB Corsair 1333
    HD: 1TB, not sure of brand (this is going to be replaced by my current SSD, but I could use the extra storage)

All in a customized (by myself) mini-ITX case which I found after looking for one with better cooling and PSU than your average tiny-puter. You can see the result here, as I needed to make some air ducts for the video card and thought of snapping a few pics of the process.

All I need is the main box, as I already have all the ancillaries and I intend to buy a new screen for it.

How much should I give her for it?

2. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Just giving my two cents but depending on wear and tear I would offer 100-300 usd but that just me.

3. Fallingwater

Fallingwater Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX560
    It's in decent shape, not used all that much. Modding the case to adapt it to gaming purposes took some time, so it'd hike the price - if it wasn't me who did it.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 sounds fair considering the GPU is so pedestrian. The rest of it should make a pretty good gaming base.

I say this going off of prices I see for used rigs/parts in my area (sort of near Seattle). I bought an i7 2600k (mid tower) rig w/ 8gb ram, 640GB HD and an HD6950 (Antec case/PSU) for $400 about 8 months ago. I see people asking for more but deals like that aren't all that unusual.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015

5. melissarubbe

melissarubbe Guest

Can you post an image also?It can be helpful me for quote the price..