Logitech exits OEM mouse production

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Last week Logitech shared that their quarterly operating profit fell 34 percent, mainly due to a shrinking demand for accessories like the computer mouse. Ttraditional mice and keyboard business are d...

Logitech exits OEM mouse production

2. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Bad news, most of the mice I've owned were Logitech's even the G9x I have now. Never managed to get used to the feel of the Razers so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere in the future.

3. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    ? It says OEM mouse production. They wont stop making mice

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Logitech make the best Mice : <

I have the G9 Laser... which is awesome.. and prior to that the Original G5 Laser.. which was in my opinion one of the best mice ever designed.

5. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    OEM thick skulls >P We still get our toys.

6. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Ahhhh well it was still early(ish) when I read that. In which case it's all good :banana:

7. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Meh it's okay. At first I read it wrong and thought they would slowly move out of the mouse business lol.

Owned logitech mouses all my life, the MX518 was the best mouse I've ever used, even compared to my current G500s. I don't really like the Razer mouses. The materials, the feel.. Not for me. I cannot get used to my brother's DeathAdder for example.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I read comments and tried to find the part where they stop all mice production and then I came back and saw some other comments and went "yeah I thought OEM only" :D

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ahhh... that's a relief.. I love my toys mang.

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB

11. EJocys

EJocys Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1070
    > Logitech will be increasing prices outside the US to compensate for the currency declines,

Shouldn't it be "outside the China", because I am sure most of them are made there (mine G700 is).

> I used to think Logitech made good mices (correct plural) until...

I prefer proper gaming mouse with lots of buttons, so you won't have to move you fingers from AWSD when performing in-game actions. Even 13 programmable buttons is not enough in Battlefield 4 or WoW :). Also, mouse must have 4-way scroll (very useful for throwing equipment on the ground or grenades into air).

12. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Maybe correct if you're using Gollem's dictionary, mmm yesss, Logitech mices are the prescciooouuuussssss

(I do believe you mean mouses, which is falling out of common parlance as most people prefer to use "computer mice", mostly because it sounds better)

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well they already pulled out of console peripherals I guess they want to reduce their market share more to drive up profit margin, even though this will not increase overall profit.

SMH in a few years it will be RIP Logitech.

Honestly they are not the company they used to be. Just go on their forums.

14. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    nowdays in business
    promoting/marketing > product quality

lots people got eaten by fancy promotion stuff
    look razer crap product (no offense, but all razer product i own never last long), their product keep selling well, especially people just go with looks rather than quality

well logitech actually not that far better than other peripheral company, but at least their product i use last abit longer
    and combined with good pricing, that what make their product value i guess

15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Is it so hard to believe that a company, whose business was built as a computer peripherals manufacturer, is obviously showing the repercussions of the massive shift away from traditional desktops. Laptops are going to follow as well. Mainstream is all about tablets and phones.

The tablet and phone peripheral market is overcrowded already. They are now a niche market manufacturer. They either are going to adapt to that business model or die.

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    They make mice so well that i bought a MX518 about 6-7 years ago and have never really owned another mouse, the first mouse i ever owned was some crappy MS 2 button roller ball thing.

I have been to friends houses and used Razors but like others have stated here they don't feel the same and to me feel cheap and slippy.

So 7 year old MX518 with crazy amount of usage since i'm @ my PC maybe 14 hours a day on average and done many all nighters when good games came out, which doesn't happen no more these days.

Still this MX518 has good Teflon feet left, only had to re-glue them because they moved about so i super-glued them back into position about 3 years ago and they are still fine.

Pretty amazing really, maybe that's why they don't make much profit.

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yup

CPate, a representative has also confirmed this, it's only the OEM segment.

18. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    To hell with their overpriced mice and kbds. Some of them are the best for precision gaming, but the rest are priced too high while the quality (one of the main reasons I used to buy their products) went down. Cheap plastic toys for 50+ $$$. They used to be 50$ for the best ones.

Sure, I am glad they are still going to keep making them and I hope that they learn something from that 34% fall. BloodMouse FTW.

19. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Check the news. All reputable mouse companies have increased their prices, be it Logitech, Steelseries, Razer, Cyborg, Corsair, you name it.
    I had a G500 for which I paid 50EUR. 5 years of usage have taken their toll on the mouse and started having clicking problems (aaand there's also the fact that I got pissed and ****ed up the scroll button by punching it but that's something else). So I basically bought the logical solution, G500s (its successor) for which I paid 80EUR. That's quite a bit more.

Is it worth it? Probably, yeah. Considering a mouse like this lasts for at least 5 years (had an MX518 for 7 years), it's still worth it imo.

20. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    well , my problem with Logitech come back to the fact when I bought their mouses I could not knew if I was able to remap their buttons depended on the program . in their driver some of them were able to d so and some of them were not. and they were not compatible with third party programs like X-Mouse Button .
    and the last mouse I bought from them when I needed a small mouse was total ****