Intel Broadwell Core i7-5775C & Core i5-5675C released mid-may

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Is it just me or they should've just skipped Broadwell and went straight to Skylake?

3. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    It certainly seems so, given those clocks it looks like it'll be slower than Devils Canyon out of the box!?

Only two parts of this CPU that seem to a nice improvment are the GPU and the fact that its in a 65W TDP, and lets be honest as enthusiasts we don't care much for either of those lol

4. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    These have a very low TDP though. We actually might see them in high end notebooks.

5. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    INTEL sneaky move again...

Intel seems to be wasting money on these new chips...however I believe it is a strategic move to once again push AMD aside. These chips are at the mid level where AMD makes most of its processor money. Intel is flooding the mid level with many many choices, and even tho these are lackluster Intel chips, they are "new", and when was the last time AMD put out new processors? This will cut deeply into AMD's:market. Seems Intel is using the Python method on AMD, slowly curling around them and squeezing the life out of them before they can react.:behead:

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    With those specs, looks like it, yes. Idk, lack of competition is bad thing. Intel isnt even trying anymore. I just hope this wont happen to Skylake. I want to upgrade my Sandy damn it!

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    To me the only thing that is these chips have it going for them is the Igpu. I heard alot a good things about these Iris Pro graphics chips. One of them small cube based computers had one of them Iris pro graphics chips in them and it was able to handle I forget the game but it was medium to high settings or something like that.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't think they should have skipped it. Maybe for desktop, but Core-M is pretty outstanding. The die shrink delays hurt them too much. Remember that these chips were supposed to come out last fall.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Meh, to my advantage, Skylake is going to be on a different socket. I'll see if I can find a cheap used 5775C as an upgrade in the future as opposed to buying a a new mobo, CPU, and RAM. Like every Intel release ever since Nehalem there isn't going to be much of an improvement when Skylake is released.

10. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    These are really "meh" cpu's.

They probably want to improve the IGP while they have a breathing room because AMD is not doing anything atm.

11. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I just lost track of the sockets and cpus.
    I'm still using 1155 Socket with an i5 3750K CPU.
    Did i miss much?

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Not at all.

13. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Same here. Still have a 1366mobo with 960 cpu. Still kicks arse. Waiting for skylake.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I just had to laugh at every post in this thread.

By now, everyone should have a clear understanding that clock frequency isn't necessarily the determining factor in processor performance.

3 of these processors are BGA....at least according to that chart.

15. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I'm more disappointed by the number of cpu cores, dual and quad core is old news even with hyper threading and once DX12 hits the difference between a quad core to a six or eight core processor is really going to show.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    We know that. Even if has higher per-core performance it still have lower core clock with less L3, not promising.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    How soon do you really expect DX12 to take off?

Everyone is so worried about DX12, but can't seem to comprehend the real impact of it. We won't start seeing games take advantage of DX12 until later this year, at the earliest. Even then, only people who upgrade to Win10 will see DX12. Even for those running Win10, DX12 is not going to be the massive performance bump that people are making it out to be.

Lower clock frequency and L3 cache quantity don't mean slower processor. Everyone is focusing on specs that don't necessarily directly impact performance.

18. Battlefieldprin

Battlefieldprin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 780TI DC 2 OC 3GB
    It feels that Intel is no longer considering the regular I7 as important. with all the M2 *4 well the Big I7 is the choice

19. Supermile

Supermile Guest

GPU:
    Raedon 5670/ 2GB !
    Coment....

Aha ! Chronotriger fan ! me too.... And about this,i m amd fan so want comment about this..... We wait Zen !

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Skylake is likely to be the biggest performance gain since Sandy Bridge.