RadeonPro GTA 5 incompatibility

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Blackfyre, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Has anyone managed to get RadeonPro working with GTA 5. I wanted to add SweetFX and tweak a few other settings. But simply adding GTA 5 to RadeonPro causes the game to force close as soon as you start it through steam (even without any modifications whatsoever, so basically the FPS Counter by itself causes the crash).

Any workarounds? Why have rockstart blocked RadeonPro from tempering with the game. That's ridiculous.

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yep, it crashes- AppProfile.dll

I miss the updates to RPro :(

3. vLaDDz

vLaDDz Guest

GPU:
    7970/3GB
    I tried to add it aswell and it didnt crash but its not showing up, i was hoping it aint only me :(, I was gonna lock the game to 36 fps or something, anyone knows another software that WORKS with GTA V that limits the framerate?

I use RadeonPro for every game and it's such a shame its GTA that doesn't work, people said that it's because of RGSC, could be, any chance someone will fix?

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    If you want to lock the FPS to 30 you can do that via the game. Just go to settings, and use double vsync (which is called 'half' vsync in GTA). That would do double vsync and if your monitor Refresh Rate is 60, it will lock the game up to 30FPS.

I am surprised at how well this game is running and how amazing it looks! I really just wish RadeonPro worked with it so I can use SweetFX through RadeonPro (simplest way of doing it).

5. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    latest radeonpro update is from 4 November 2013. I wouldn't want to touch a program messing with driver settings that old, not even with a stick. I've had it on my system up until a while ago, found out it was messing things up more than anything else.

6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    No it doesn't. It's an amazing program that solves more problems than it creates. Since day one of Far Cry 4 people were complaining about Micro-Stuttering, which can be fixed using RadeonPro. Same goes for Fifa 13, 14, and 15 (90% of the Micro-Stuttering issues with that game) that neither EA nor AMD fix can be fixed by tweaking the settings using RadeonPro. I used it for Shadow of Mordor, Battlefield 4, and COD AW (both online and campaign). It's an absolute shame that the developer of RadeonPro went to work for AMD, I mean good for him, he made the right move, but for us, I really miss the development of this program. It is still extremely useful.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    RadeonPro development is halted now his developer is working for raptr (AMD Gaming Evolved Client developer...).

AMD and Raptr are partners.

Maybe AMD can ask Raptr to include RadeonPro functionality inside the AMD Client Evolved Client.

RadeonPro is a good software and the only one able to tune a lot of graphic options you can't from CCC but now it's halted due to an AMD partner hiring his developer.

Of course this means $$$ spent on support for AMD GPU owners then i see a problem. :(

Nvidia must be happy: AMD partners seems to work in Nvidia best interest.

8. vLaDDz

vLaDDz Guest

GPU:
    7970/3GB
    Yeah, exactly, i play Fifa 15 everyday and i must say the first 2 days i had the biggest micro stuttering even though my PC should run it easily, RadeonPro fixed that. Also yeah i know i can lock it to Half via in game but i would of have locked to 40 or something also theres more options to do in radeonpro and SweetFx like you said it's the easiest way to do it. I guess i'll lock it to just 30 fps then, i will keep wishing we'll find a workaround.

9. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    There's a frame limiter in MSI Afterburner but I don't own GTA so I can't test if it works.

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I use it for every single game I have, and it works fine in all of them. It is along with Process Lasso, one of the best pieces of software for any PC (even NVIDIA cards can use the vsync and frame limiter options).

One of the worst days for AMD users was when John stopped developing it.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Did he stop the RadeonPro development because he wants to or due to a contract fulfillment with an AMD partner?

I it's the contract fulfillment Nvidia couldn't have done better!

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    He said the new Radeon Pro Infinity could potentially conflict with any work he did on the Raptr client, so he had to halt development.

However, he said he would update the current program if new drivers broke functionality, as time permits.

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I believe it is a contract fulfillment unfortunately.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I think he should have made it open-source or sold the source or something so it could keep on being improved. Sadly we haven't got anything else to replace it.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I think he couldn't do that.

If the main reason of his contract with Raptr was his RadeonPro development the end of it was mandatory by contract.

As i said Nvidia couldn't do better! :(

AMD partners seems to be Nvidia best friends!

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    He put years of his time into it, i wouldn't open it up either.

As long as it stays closed, he has the potential to monetize it.

Ray never opened up ATT either, and no one knows what happened to him.

17. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    The game is really picky about what it will launch with.
    SweetFX is buggy, laptop GPU's are buggy. Seems to work for some people, and others not.

RadeonPro isn't working for anyone, as far as I can tell.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    He and all the developers have the right to do what they want with their own development.

Open, close or sell is only their decision.

Nobody can ask them to free their code.

This is not a point of discussion.

What i can't understand is AMD commercial decision to have a partner who lock by contract the only good tuning software avalaible for his own GPUs!

This doesn't seem to be a very smart AMD comercial decision.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Raptr is a separate company from AMD.

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yes a close partner.

We can enjoy his crapware bundled with AMD drivers.