Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Apr 10, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    One earlier message said, we never left and will be back this year.

Now I saw this
    [​IMG]

and when I checked around I saw this posted 1day ago.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Cool, if theres one series i have a new found respect for, its COD. They've stayed true to their fans since day one and each release delivers enough new content to keep it interesting.

Its got its weak points and bugs, lack of dedicated servers on the pc, but at least it doesnt try to be something its not and go and alienate its entire fan base by pulling some stupid move like what happens and has happened with many other publishers/developers/ips out there.

Looking forward to it.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So far, with Call of Duty... I've learned... the good games in the series come from pretty much any studio except Infinity Ward.
    TreyArch have released three games that each are miles above and beyond any of IW's past four games. And Sledgehammer have released 1 CoD title... and it... is better then any of IW's past four games. ;)

Seriously, the Black Ops series is great. While 2 wasn't as good as the first one, it was still a very solid outing.
    And TreyArch have always shown that they are the better developer of the series.

4. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    it is kinda funny/.. or maybe sad when a spin off of a main title has as many or more sequels than most main titles of other IP's

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    COD4 is still the best by far, so wouldn't say the IW comment was accurate.

I recently tried to get back into the COD games, and they weren't as terrible as i was expecting, would even go as far as saying i actually enjoyed parts of WAW, so Treyarch werecapable of making something decent.

BO1 though, can't say i'm enjoying it, so it's sad new that the second is even worse.

I don't like the hate the series gets though, it's mostly artificial outrage to try and fit in, and i'm sure if your into MP i'm sure you get decent value.

SP though, i'm not convinced myself as it still feels like a Virtua Cop game with a Michael Bay style storyline tacked on, i did only pay £8 for the key though but i fail to get much enjoyment from linear games.

I know many who love these games from a MP point of view, so i'm assuming this is the only thing they should be judged on.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats the point of these games though. COD was never about historic accuracy or even realism in the slightest. Its dumb loud fun. Its an action movie in game form and lets not forget that like the BF series, single player is not the priority of these games, mp is. Single player is only kept around as some people still enjoy it and if the single player base drops any lower, im sure COD will drop single player faster than Ubi dropping their Quality Control dept.

If gamers want realism, they have the Military or in a gaming sense - ARMA. Gaming went down the ****ter the moment people started demanding realism from games.

7. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    That's not quite true. What set COD1 and 2 apart was that they felt more real than single hero adventure in the previous MoH games. Since then, yes, they went full action movie.

Modern Warfare 3 was the last one I played... Or what is BLOPS 1?

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    There was never anything real about COD other than simple acknowledgement of events that took place and some recreation of those events.

Real and games dont even fit together in the same sentence unless we're talking about gfx and the uncanny valley.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The only CoD by Infinity Ward I've ever really enjoyed... was the first one.
    CoD2 just felt like a prettier remake of the first game. And CoD4 never grabbed me... of course, the big draw there was MP, which I could give a flying **** about. :)

But, even for single player it was meh. A few good moments, but those moments didn't save what to me was a tedious campaign.
    And when the Modern Warfare sequels went full Michael Bay on everything... pfft.

And Ghosts. Yeah... easily the worst entry in the CoD series to date.

It's all opinion, and to each his own. But for me, Infinity Ward are the "meh" developer of the CoD series.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I feel allied assault beats cod 1+2 when it comes to immersion.
    Its also because steven spielberg made it so story wise its very strong. more variation story wise.
    I think a lot of people will remember omaha beach for instance. It felt very real.

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Going to wait until after release to see if there's dedicated servers.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yes perfectly spot on, allied assault was one immersive game, when EA was a good company :D with good releases if you know what i mean, for me these days i like DICE, it gave us mirrors edge and bf3 and 4.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Looking forward to another TreyArch CoD. It has to be good :D

PS: That reminds me to finish the BO2 campaign. Played at least 400 hours in multiplayer but didn't finish the campaign yet...

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Well, i hoped it would be WaW2 but this is fine i guess, TreyArch is doing a better job anyway.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, WaW 2 would've been my favorite choice too. Hopefully they can bring back some "working" multiplayer numbers & a good backbone system.
    The last games didn't have the content I'd have prefered and even worse, their system just didn't work out on PC.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    zombies is the only interest to me

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah I agree with you, the old cods, cod1/uo and cod4 (didn't really like cod2 that much tbh) were really good.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I found survival modes to be quite boring to play, so far, but I always liked the package.
    Single player, coop, multiplayer, and each part has its own fan base. People will buy the game, as a whole, even if they are only interested in one of the individual parts. And that's a great achievement for a developer, isn't it?

19. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    I can't find the words to express how much I don't care for CoD. I liked the old ones, but after MW3, I just stopped caring. It's not that I hate CoD, but there doesn't seem to be anything there anymore for me. Especially after I discovered the joys of BF multiplayer.

20. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've played every CoD on PC but I plan to buy a PS4 this Christmas and grab CoD for it, it'll be strange trying to play a shooter with my thumbs.