MSI Afterburner 4.1.1 is around the corner ;)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Dear forum visitors,

I'm glad to inform you that we're currently internally testing 4.1.1 with our beta team. Public release of new version is expected in a few weeks. Changes list includes the following features:

• Added core voltage control for reference design NVIDIA GeForce TITAN X series graphics cards
    • Now core voltage control via NCP4206 is unlocked on reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 and NVIDIA GeForce TITAN series graphics cards when extended MSI voltage control mode is selected
    • Added new third party voltage control mode. Traditionally we provided voltage control on reference design graphics cards or on custom design MSI graphics cards only. However, rich set of PWM controllers supported by MSI Afterburner core allows implementing voltage control on many third party custom design graphics cards as well. With this version we introduce original concept of user extendable voltage control mode, allowing experienced users to get access to programmable MSI Afterburner core, get access to full range of voltage controllers supported by it, create custom hardware database and program MSI Afterburner to provide voltage control on many third party custom design graphics cards. Third party voltage control mode requires populating and downloading third party hardware database, please visit MSI Afterburner discussion forums to help adding your custom design cards to the database or download the latest database version
    • Improved hardware monitoring module:
    o Added negative temperatures monitoring support for NVIDIA GPUs
    o Fixed extended CPU family and model detection to address issue with incorrect maximum junction temperature (Tjmax) detection on some Intel CPUs
    o Now power users can override the maximum junction temperature (Tjmax) via configuration file if necessary
    o Added correction formulas support. Now you can apply custom correction formula to any data source in hardware monitoring module. Correction formulas can be useful to apply temperature offsets to custom temperature sensors if necessary (e.g. set formula to “x+20”)
    o Hardware Monitoring Log file format has been upgraded to v1.5 to provide correction formulas support
    o Added “CPU load” graph to multicore CPUs. The graph is displaying the average CPU load across all CPU cores
    o Added “CPU temperature” graph to thermal monitoring capable multicore CPUs. The graph is displaying the maximum CPU temperature across all CPU cores
    o Added connection retry counter to Logitech LCD monitoring module. Now MSI Afterburner stop trying to connect to Logitech LCD after some failed connection attempts instead of trying to connect to it in endless loop. Retry counter implementation is aimed to bypass the problem with GDI resource leak in Logitech LCD API, which could cause application to crash after some period of time when output to LCD is enabled on the system with no Logitech LCD connected to it
    • Improved skin engine:
    o Added support for altered USF skins obfuscation scheme used in most recent versions of third party overclocking tools
    o Drastically reduced load time for obfuscated USF skin files. Now MSI Afterburner open obfuscated skin files roughly 10 times faster than before
    o Reduced skinned GUI initialization time due to cached access to the skin header
    o Added support for negative GPU temperature indicators in all skins supplied with application
    • Multimedia timer resolution is no longer hardcoded to 10ms. The resolution is now adjustable and set to 16ms by default to reduce timer interrupts related CPU load at the cost of losing some smoothness in GUI animation. Power users can override timer resolution via the configuration file if necessary

Stay tuned!

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nice, looking forward to it :)

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Does this mean I could now use 1.20v?

4. Unwinder

If your ZOTAC is reference design with NCP4206 and NCP4206 profile tweak worked on your card before - yes.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok thanks I think it is stock, just with custom cooler on it.

6. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Thanks, Unwinder, that is simply GREAT NEWS as I have picked up the
    MSI NTITANX recently !

The card runs perfectly and seems to be a very good ocer.

Looking forward to be able to steer the card perfectly with your ingenious piece of software .

TYA

:):):)

7. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Now that's pretty awesome :)

at first i was like "nvidia GPU's gotta be hella efficient if they cool down the GPU below zero while working" but then i realised there is LN2 ^^ it's getting late...

8. ssduser

ssduser Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX960 2GD5
    Where do we find these model numbers at? The box or card?

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    T
    That is the internal voltage controller which can be found on the pcb(printed circuit board) itself.
    It will only work and be stable with the 690, 780 and original titan. Will be interesting to see if it does work now and be stable with the titan black andd 780ti. People at the Tim said it didn't work but tbh I dont believe them as not sure they knew what they were doing with the hex commands. People who did know what they were doing did not have the cards to try it out so will be interesting to see now that Alex has put a noob friendly fix in place.

Thankyou unwinder, very much appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  10. Unwinder

There won't be and physically cannot be any differences between user unlocked or unlocked by default access to 4206. Don't expect any "noob fix".

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok....

So as i quote...

"Now core voltage control via NCP4206 is unlocked on reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 and NVIDIA GeForce TITAN series graphics cards when extended MSI voltage control mode is selected".

What is the maximum voltage that the this voltage can be raised to in the MSI AB 4.1.1?

Is it 1.6v?
    Is it 1.3v?

Obviously without the need for a modded bios as was the case with earlier versions of MSI AB regarding 1.3v

12. Unwinder

I think you can answer it yourself, it is absolutely pointless to expect 1.6. 1.3 of course.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hehe, now i know what you mean about "do not expect a noob fix".
    I was actually hoping but then again i think RMA's would be very high for the people running 1.43v on Air setup lol.

Maybe you could actually release another version nof MSI AB that allows unlocked voltage for each users individual machine ie: Locked to the hardware so it could not be distributed and used on other machines.

I would actually pay you money for a version like this and if anything happened to my card by pushing it to far then it would be my own fault!

Thankyou Unwinder.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  14. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    oh man!!!!! :banana: cant wait for this. thanks so much Unwinder!!!!

hopefully someone adds a database for the 980 Classy 3988 :)

15. Unwinder

It will be possible only if it is using one of voltage controllers supported by AB core. Currently the list of supported controllers includes:

CHL8214, CHL8228, CHL8266, CHL8318, IR3567B, L6788A, NCP4206, NCP81022, UP1637, UP6204, UP6208, UP6218, UP6262, UP6266, VT1165 and VT1556

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Still hoping that one day we'll see vsync+triplebuffering x86&x64 bit support build into Afterburner! *hint*hint*

17. De-M-oN

De-M-oN Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks.

18. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    Any news on the possibility of Logitech Arx APIs being added?

19. Unwinder

Played with it, doesn't impress me too much after closer examination, so Arx implementation is rather low priority (and I'm not sure if I'll support it at all).

20. Pete0death

Pete0death Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4G
    Awesome thankyou Unwinder! :cheers: