Guru3D Rig of the Month - March 2015

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Have a look at the Guru3D rig of the month March 2015, actually let's call it the PC Desk of the Month. A build that comes from Mathieu Heredia. Mathieu made this build all by himself, and all by han...

Guru3D Rig of the Month - March 2015

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I like the looks of it, kind of like inofficial umbrella corp's desk :D
    Nice build there, although I wouldn't have made those grills / opening at the front where you sit, but rather thought of a way to do it in the back.

3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I like these Desk PC's, and I like the minimal white & black theme along with the clear white lighting. It does look quite angular & bulky though, and I think the colours & lighting would suit a female version of this build with flowing curves and more slenderness in the legs & table top. Good job though!

4. Antykain

Antykain Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    Pretty impressive rig/desk build! Really nice job with this one..

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It does look nice indeed.

6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    My favorite mods, desk mods. And black and white giggity. This is my top 5 of all time from guru3d rig of the month. Awesome. Well done. :nerd:

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Whats that right from a storm troopers office?
    pretty cool nice job

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Nicely done overall. I like the unusual, but attractive color scheme, and the carpet to match it. Good thing it is liquid cooled though - I can't imagine air flow is very effective with fans on all 4 sides.

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man this looks cool. The desk/computer reminds me of one of those retro arcade cabinets.

10. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Call me old-fashioned, no doubt, but to this day I just don't care what my components look like superficially. I don't need flashing lights and pretty colors...my components are all in a case (usually open) that's deliberately kept out of sight...I'll spend my money on real hardware that translates 100% into performance and image quality I can see on my screen, and in buying the software I want...that's where my attention is firmly fixed...;) (I only look at the motherboard when I'm installing new hardware, etc.)

(No reflection on those who do enjoy dolling up their components, of course.)

11. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Great job! Nice design....clean and futuristic. Personally, I wouldn't use that for everyday use or gaming. The light between the screen and the user is going to cause some serious focus issues (at least for me; I get distracted easily lol).

12. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Very interesting build, one question arises, what adapter was he using when connecting the gpu?? I see the gpu is not in the actual slot of the mobo itself, I remember seeing another guru3d of the month rig in a similar fashion once before, what kit was he using????

13. edekoning

edekoning Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080ti
    Although the desk looks really good, I wonder how comfortable it is to use. The thickness of the desk it quite extreme, so its not very ergonomic. Either your legs will be cramped, or your arms/wrists will be in an odd (too high) position.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015