buzz sound

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by jason, Mar 31, 2015.

1. jason

jason Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    Hello, i am getting a buzz sound using my onboard realtek 1150 from the mobo z97x-gaming 5 connected through rear back panel jack (green) here is a video example http://youtu.be/R3rHmKCU7BA

i don't get this when i am using front panel, just rear back panel
    also i don't get it when i use onboard igfx currently using 280x
    i tried 7950 from a friend and still the same buzz sound.

2. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Onboard sound

3. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Do you have the IO shield on the mobo? does it sound like static, check the cable and make sure it's plugged in fully and not touching anything else metal... Finally make sure your mobo and computer are grounded/earthed by rubber feet, or anything else. and that the mobo isn't touching the backplate of the case...

regards,
    RagDoll.

4. jason

jason Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    yes i do have the i/o shield installed on the back, what cable are you referring? the front panel? i checked the motherboard and its not touching the backplate in every hole i have the stand-in screws.

5. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Make sure the plug is all the way in on the back green jack... have u updated your bios, could be an issue with your board... Also, what software players are u using? Make sure they are set correctly also try windows playback setting, even try a different sampling rate and frequency...

regards,
    RagDoll.

6. jason

jason Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    i use spotify only, but i dont use it when gaming its just doesnt make sense even if i use onboard igfx all work perfectly if i use front panel and gpu works perfectly but when using back rear and my current gpu i get this noise which is very annoying. :(

7. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    check in Spotify under view menu turn off hardware acceleration and try also, disabling high quality streaming under preferences advanced options...

8. jason

jason Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    i dont have problems playing music only when gaming i get this noise
    i checked spotify and all those were disabled

9. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    What version windows are you using?

You might need to update your directx

10. jason

jason Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    i am using win7 pro 7.1 sp1 and directx 9.0c (jun10) installed including the windows update (KB2670838) dx 11.1

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015

11. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    ok, at this point I would try something different to plug into the rear green jack, such as other headphones, see if it's still there...

btw, u do have the realtek settings set to 2 channel stereo don't you?

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well... I have pretty much same onboard like you,
    and I have learn to avoid Realtek drivers altogether and run with drivers available in Win 8.1 itself.

Why? Because running RMAA test with Realtek 3+ craters my otherwise excellent results.
    If I remember correctly this does not happen with v2.75, but tbh I am not sure.
    And this is no illusion - RMAA does not lie.

I did not research this extensively (for instance it could be that just input got screwed), but every v3+ driver sucks and results in crapy input->output chain
    (and I can't remember if this is true for v2.75 also)

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Sometimes nearby wlan, 3G and LTE devices/modems can really mess things up. I had to use foil to protect one PC from that kind of interference.

14. jason

jason Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    it seems it pickup the noise from my gpu cause it has a minimal coil whine when full gaming (i can hear the coil whine if i put my ear close to gpu) and this is the exact same sound my headphones are picking.. but when i moved my psu away from the pc case the noise is almost eliminated if not gone. anyone has same motherboard and check if you get the same problem using the onboard and hear if your gpu has a little coil whine otherwise it might not pick it.