A new horrible trend of PC games??

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by tsunami231, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-ii-remaster-on-pc-will-cost-you-20-30-4/1100-6426237/

I read this today and thought 1 thing this horrible tread if other developers start to do this. only way this could possible be a good trend is if they actual optimized thing correctly for said API which we all know almost never happens.

Seriously this horrible thing to think about happening. pay extra for different API version of the game that is probably just as baddy optimized.

Or am I along in fearing what could if other companys start doing this too.

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    That's extremely dumb. A properly coded shader is made with fallbacks in mind.
    "If the hardware doesn't support this, use that". So basically you are paying for different levels of laziness.
    And no, "It's using a newer engine" or "you are choosing the level of stuff you need and pay just for that" is just as dumb.
    Because you didn't buy the engine and choose the features you want and build around that, you get the finished product. The prices of the engine features are already budgeted for.
    It also gives them 3 different forks of the game to maintain and gives room for more bugs.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That's a model that won't last.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Remaster, remaster everything! What a joke.

5. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    They probably hired some extra guys for PC they need to keep busy lol.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Remastered Homeworld is on steam for 32 euro, I would get it if it was for 5.
    Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced 20 euro, Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced 20 euro. Icewind Dale Enhanced 20 euro.
    I paid less for original releases back then in comparison to what they are asking now.

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Definately, its not as if most PC gamers dont have a huge backlog( not really an issue on console with trade ins ), vote with your wallet.

I avoid such things like the plague.

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Another item I do not understand: What is with the PC version being recommended to have a console controller? Did I miss something in that a PC is now being considered a beefed up console?

9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    That´s due to the gameplay, dark souls was made with a controller in mind. I usually play with keyboard and mouse whatever i can but dark souls is much more enjoyable using a controler.

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Thank you. Have not played the game so was not thinking along that line.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im annoyed at how pc gamers are actually happy with this practice. This is what is destroying the gaming industry or atleast my interest in it.

A few "for it" arguments that make me disappointed in this species
    • Gamers are just entitled
    • No ones holding a gun to your head
    • You don't have to buy and those who do buy shouldn't be ridiculed

At the end of the day, this is going to set this platform back after all the ground we've gained as far as getting console titles on to the pc lately. By that im referring to how much pc gamers have shelled out for console titles - RE-RM from the gamecube, FF13/13-2, DBZ, Dark Souls and so on, to show support for the developers, all the while these titles being half arsed ports at best.

And this is how they repay us!

Then there's the bull**** they're pulling with the pc version of Dead or Alive.

This is only going to send a lot of pc gamers back to piracy. Thus, we're back at square one of the pc being seen as too much of a loss for publishers. Though that could be the best thing that ever happened to this platform.

Last but not least:
    Crysis 2 got an API patch for DX9 mode to DX11 - for free

So due to crisis 2, we already know that API upgrades can be done with a simple patch, so imo, anyone who already owns the DX9 version that buys this, is a fool. But bandi/Namco are just plain greedy/lazy.

Oh btw, guess what got splitscreen co-op - Borderlands "remasters" for the bone and PS4. Theres no reason this couldn't of been done on the previous gen or lan for the pc.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    All I know is i am horrified by just the thought of this, considering how lazy they are with optimizing and bug check stuff before release,

13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Time for a good old fashion Internet mob lynching. Seriously eff'ed up business model.

Should have offered the DX11 upgrade for free to entice current owners to buy the DLC full pack and get new buyers to get the full game.

14. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I have seen it all now...

First the whole "Season Pass" rubbish, then "Early Access" and now paying for something that should be inherited in the game via the API is just absurd!

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I genuinely feel bad for any sucker who pays for something like this. Just a complete lack of common sense.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What next? Pay for ultra settings?

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    On the back of that

Ranger Mode Paid DLc Difficulty MetroLL lol@Gamers

18. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    You all are guilty.
    I'll bet 99% of you guys still buy all these console crap ports from EA-Ubisoft and others.

I'll bet when a game is released and it say DX9 or Vista there is no moment in your thoughts thats i won't buy because its still dumb down version so 10 year old pc's or EA'S and Ubisofs can release on all console types with minor adjustment for PC.

We are in this state because you all keep buying and buying same with DLC and pre alpha releases.

I blame the PC gamers for not having some character and refuse console crap.

Specially those who then illegally DL games which is one main reasons why you have bad PC ports and DLC in first place not to mention the DRM these days on many games.

I buy less and less games only on gog.com or if its a real PC made game.

Stop whining and start boycotting all games that are not true PC games.

But my bet is most of don't you even care or understand PC gaming with most you guys will only getting worse and worse.

And you probably denying this as usual but when i see many times how this site and many members are super happy when a console port is released no matter what i gave up on PC gamers honesty and believe you you all buying into this crap so deal with it like man and stop crying.

How many will buy from steam now(majority DRM-DLC or console ports sold there???

How many already planning on the controller and even the steam console now???

Very small group like me boycot or don't buy DLC and boycot EA or Ubisoft and rest of greed companys and console loving companys.

Btw Gamespot is a terible site and in love with consoles even going there says enough of PC gamer.

Shame on you all:(

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Fantastic, well said.+1 and all that.

20. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    I can see the likes of EA/UBI/STEAM etc going monthly/yearly subscription only like a lot of application software has gone similar to Adobe and Autodesk, if you don't pay you don't play! I don't think you actually OWN any of the games you've bought, rather you paid a licence to use it, so if they change the licence to subscription.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.