Valve's VR headset is called the Vive and it's made by HTC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Mar 2, 2015.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/valve-htc-reveal-re-vive-vr-goggles.html

2. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    That resolution needs to be improved tbh, 960×1080 per eye is DK2s and unless its doubled, we can probably still count the pixels. (Source: I own a DK2)

Also very excited to see what Valve will bring in terms of content and games.

3. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    One of the prettiest best presented ads I've seen in a while - that also shows near the least actual info.

Keep pushing each others tech for us all though <3

I intend to be buying one flavor or another sooner or later ^^

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I'm still waiting for my personal "brain-reticular-eye" implant...I'll pass on VR thingy :p

5. RNCoetzee

RNCoetzee Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G
    HTC = Half-life Three Confirmed

Btw, good riddance Oculus, you had your chance. Between "Steam VR" and "Facebook VR" the choice is easy for me. I don't want to gave money to Facebook

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I don't want to give my cash to either or in fact any of them, this is a fad that needs to go away fast.

7. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Oculus could've capitalized this when they were the only one in the market. Delays, production complications, stagnation, and now there are too much big competitors releasing their own VR headset, ie. Vavle, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony...

But I remember using the Oculus developer kit a while back, one of the earlier editions, man it was bad. made my brain hurt.

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I'm just going with whatever is best for my tastes. Not about to waste my life over being biased hating companies for the sake of nuthugging another.

9. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    you will think twice about wanting an eye implant if you google, "eye rejects implant"

basically the pressure build up made someones eye explode.

10. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    Remember that Crescent Bay has a higher resolution (rumoured to be the same 1440p Quad-HD display as the Note 4, but no official specs listed) than DK2 as one of the many improvements that have been seen so far... and we're still a ways off from a confirmed "consumer" model

11. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Were they ever the only one in the market? They're not even on the market, no-one is. Whether or not VR works, depends on advances in hardware and software and there are plenty of people around who can combine the two. I'd expect that anyone who is first to the market benefits from establishing their brand, but early adoption won't be that large since content will still be limited.

It could well be that it's not necessarily best to be first to market - wait for one or two consumer products to test the waters, build up some content and then release a superior product.

I can easily see VR become a big thing in gaming in the next few years, so I would expect that anyone developing something in this field will be in it for years to come as well. No-one's aiming to build the first VR device and then quit.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah but it also uses a AMOLED screen which has a sub-pixel resolution of green and red less than the whole.