Resident Evil Revelations 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CrunchyBiscuit, Feb 26, 2015.

1. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Hey there!

The first episode of Revelations 2 just got released and it seems to be plagued by frame rate drops/stutters/load pauses. Reading the descriptions of various users, it really sounds like Revelations 1 all over again.

Plenty of steam threads can be found about this. It's pretty hard to miss.

Revelations 1 had very bad stuttering when firing first shots, swapping weapons for the first time, hitting enemies for the first time and opening doors, like stuff wasn't being pre-cached properly. This issue got completely fixed by using the 13.8 beta drivers back then (after using those drivers, heavy loading/caching occured at the start of a level, but that was that. No more stutters when opening doors and firing for the first time, etc.).

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/222480/discussions/0/864975225114203898

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/222480/discussions/0/828939797070233670/

Source: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=382213 (my own experience)

I'm really hoping that the driver fix for Revelations 1 will also make it to Revelations 2. It's most likely the exact same thing, needing the exact same type of fix (same engine, same requirements).

Could this be fixed before the complete Revelations 2 package gets released in three weeks? That'd be super, I'm really looking forward to the title.

2. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090Ti
    Try playing on windowed mode. When i play Rev 2 on fullscreen, my video card doesn't even notices the game is running and it keeps the clocks at low power saving mode.

3. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    I hope amd fix this problem with the new drivers .

4. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Runs perfectly fine on my system, no stuttering.

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    For me the game runs extrememly well. Run it on almost max 2560x1440 @ 96Hz and I can maintain that fps most of the time. So extremely happy with the performance. it's also using Crossfire and I don't get any graphic glitches.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Finished the first episode, well..It would have been better if you didn't have a partner. I think it would give you way more feeling of the survival-horror if you were actually alone.Also, the game ran perfectly fine for me too, no stuttering, it was butter smooth.

7. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Says the GTX 970 user.:banana:

Obviously OP is encountering poor Catalyst driver optimization.

Damn, it made my skin crawl. My old GTX 760 ran Revelations 1 perfectly fine. Don't tell me my R9 290 would give me less.:pc1:

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Are you in the wrong section?

9. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    The problems with performance in this game is happening to Nvidia and AMD users.
    A patch that was released broken down the game.
    There are corridors with nothing going on having very low FPS, and scenarios full of shadows, reflections and enemies having 120FPS.

A problema is reported on steam forums, altough Capcom didn't say anyting about it yet.

10. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Is Capcom still capping framerate to 120 fps? I hate that in Revelations 1.

Having been unwilling to fix Dead Rising 2 after GFWL's fall, Capcom has had a bad history answering gamers' call. Good luck with the performance patch here...:puke2:

11. jmcc

jmcc Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060 12GB
    I have this problem too. The game stutters like hell and nothing that I do changes that. Already tried the usual tip (disable v-sync, put HDR on low, disable AA, run on windowed mode) and nothing has changed.

I've noticed that most people having this issue is running the game on a machine with AMD CPU's. I have a Phenom II X4 . Hoping that CRAPcon releases a fix.

12. darkshadow5k5

darkshadow5k5 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    I love how you quote him, but ignore the other AMD posters that say it works fine for them.

Also if you read through the steam forums, it's not just AMD, it's random configurations that are having issues.
    Personally, the game runs fine for me too.

13. CrunchyBiscuit

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Hey again!

Actually, I don't own and haven't played any episode of the game yet, but noticed the steam forums getting littered by threads about stutters and poor performance. Many website reviews also mention this. Reading the descriptions of various users and the reviews, it sounded pretty much like the same thing that happened to RERev1 just after release. I wanted to make sure everything is good to go on AMD's side, since I'm really looking forward to the full release and want it to go smooth.

Situation has changed however, a patch got released which fixed the issues for some people, yet made it worse for most people. The latest patch reverted the changes from the patch before (since it lead to even more complaints than usual), so currently we're back where we started. It does seem like both nVidia and AMD are affected, so my initial assumption that the issue is an AMD driver problem (like in Revelations 1) might not be entirely accurate.

Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil Revelations all easily run a perfect 60fps/60Hz on my machine and I am hoping to see the same performance in Resident Evil Revelations 2. I watched some gameplay movies of the game from various users playing on various systems, unfortunately none of them ran a constant 60fps/60Hz. Stuttered quite badly too :(

Seems like the people who report smooth results generally have monster systems. I'm still on an Phenom II x4 @ 3800MHz and am hoping this all gets resolved in the coming weeks, I won't buy the game otherwise.

Yeah, sometimes they completely neglect glaring issues (Dead Rising, Remember Me), but sometimes they patch quickly and properly (Bionic Commando Rearmed, Resident Evil 6). I guess I'll be playing the waiting game a bit longer.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  14. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    on my pc the game lag,stops,crapy frames in some areas others fps droping like crazy this thing needs a fix couse its full of bugs

15. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    [​IMG]

What game doesn't stutter on your system, may I ask? :bang:

16. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    I was too quick to sum things up so I apologize. Recently I encountered a GVR black screen (audio only) problem with the Raptr app and I removed it. Many people reported the same over the last few months. This led me to lose a ton of trust on AMD's affiliated software. GeForce Experience was just much more reliable.

17. darkshadow5k5

darkshadow5k5 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    They didn't develop DR2, Remember Me or BC: Rearmed, the only thing on your list capcom made themselves is RE6.

18. CrunchyBiscuit

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Cool, didn't know that and never bothered to look it up.

Still, whether Capcom is just the publisher/distributor or the developer as well as the publisher/distributor, in both scenarios I think Capcom gets the final say anyway.

That would mean blaming Capcom for the lack of proper updates and patches is justified. If you disagree, you might want to blame the developer instead.

Personally, I love Capcom. But I'm biased. I blame Mega Man for that.

Just hoping to play RERev2 at 60fps/60Hz without much hassle (like upgrading my PC).

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    HAHA!!! Was going to say the same thing (first thing I saw was his specs, then I read his comment). Unless his specs are not updated? Maybe?

20. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    devil may cry 2013,the first revalations it was a piece of shi............ optimized but ok,metro 2033 on normal setings on dx 10.And its a very low pc i now that but explain tho me mister big shot only one thing?? the game runs stupdly fast in some areas but on other ones feels like i dont iven know what the hell its that thing and by the way isnt that shi.............. a dx9 game,same thing with residente evil the hd the remastered hey all guyz complaining about the slow the game was but hel i play that one fine.Now say tho me that none of you here have that problem?:stewpid: