New PC Build

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by rascalj19, Feb 23, 2015.

1. rascalj19

rascalj19 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 4gb
    I wan't to build my first PC. I have around $1000 to spend. I would like to hear any suggestions or helpful info. I will list what I am looking at so far. Any info will be appreciated, thanks. ( I "couldn't include links" so i can't give you the link to the actual product, sorry.)

EVGA GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 $329

Core i5 4690K $239

Z97 LGA 1150 MotherBoard $144

Western Digital WD Green 2TB Internal Hard Drive $79

G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 2 x 4GB DDR3 Memory $60

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler $34

Corsair ATX 750W PSU $89

Cooler Master HAF Mid Tower Case $59

Total Price is around $1050

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    everything looks good except you dont have an SSD you should really look at getting an SSD for your main drive at least 256GB depending on how much crap you like to install and use the old HDD out of your old PC as a storage drive for music, movies etc. Also you really should be looking at 8GB of memory minimum.

3. rascalj19

rascalj19 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 4gb
    Ok thanks for the info! I will look into getting an SSD. Any suggestions on any good SSD's to buy? I do have 8gb of memory in this build though, two 4GB sticks of DDR3 Memory, thanks once again.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2

5. rascalj19

rascalj19 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 4gb
    ok thanks for the info!

6. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Newegg's been having good sales on the Intel 730 Series SSDs, if you can scrape one off of them. Coming from X25-M SSDs, I can pretty much guarantee that having an Intel SSD could still be a good way to go. Pulled the trigger on the 480GB version of that myself.

7. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    i just got an samsung 850 evo ssd and it is my first ssd and i love it also i had the evo cooler with same cpu as you and it was horrible i went for the phantek updraft cooler but it is 80 usd but keeps it very cool and has dual fans.

i tend to stay away from the green hard drives i think they are slower . you could go with a blue version.

exactly which mother board are you getting brand name and model i mean?

if you ever do decide to get a bigger cpu cooler you may run into clearance issues with the ram slots with the ripjaws try for the gskill ares they have low profile heat spreaders and clear most coolers

edit: i have a 4670k not a 4690k as you are getting.

8. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    As every one else has mentioned A SSD is a good idea and stay away from the WD greens they have a worse life span than all of SEAGATE HDDS at the 2tb to 4tb size. Get a Blue drive and if possible a Black. Not only are the green ones slower but they have a average life between failure of 1.2 years.

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    If your on a tight on cash then I would go for a Crucial MX 100 ssd they are cheap and the performance is excellent for what it is.

10. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Heck, all the Seagate drives I've had are still running strong after about 5 - 6 years.