Battlefield Hardline

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Feb 1, 2015.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    [​IMG]

The open beta starts Feb 3rd and ends Feb 8th. Game launches March 17th in the US and March 19th in the EU.

2. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    A look at the 9 MP maps:

Personally I am looking forward to it,I think they are getting too much hate for an off timeline BF release. PC has too few MP shooters, and I always get my monies worth out of the BF games. Probably the same people who complained about BC2 when it first came out since it wasnt a "true" bf, and the same hypocrites who now say " I wish they'd make another BC2".

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is the only post I will make in this thread.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Nope, I loved BC2 easily one of the best BF games I've played. This just looks rubbish to be honest. Shoe horning the hardware and tech of a military shooter in to a cops and robbers based game, it just looks stupid.

Oh and of course the same old same old non sense, buggy as all mince, worthless anti cheat system, fairly uninterested reporting features, the never ending nonsense of battle log, the key focus being on achievements and unlocks rather than on team based game to win strategy, the never ending balancing modding adjusting and tweaking that improves some features while making others worse, the over abundance of DLCs that just end up splitting the community while making me wonder I which DLC is going to have Return to Return to Karkand in it or yet another version of some BF2 map, oh and the final nail, the client side hit detection which has been utter pants since they started using it in BF3.

I said of BF that IF they got Hit Detection sorted I would take a look at the game, it seems that in many respects it was actually worse than in BF3 (which I wasn't sure was possible) but this game, I won't even look at it even if the hit detection is sorted (although we already know it won't be.) The truly ironic thing is had this been BC3, chances are I would have bought it, I loved BC2, it was fun, tight and worked.

5. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Bring it on! Loved all the bf games and I will love this nothing will ruin it for me..

6. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Yeah!
    I buy every battlefield game!
    Nothing will stop me!
    The price EA asks for is ridiculous but there is origin mexico store.
    You can buy Hardline for 40$ there!
    See you on the battlefield beta tomorrow!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Is there a way to force ignore threads? :D

8. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I find Visceral team to be better than those from Sweden,just look at the "wonders" they did in BF4.Also for Battlefront I have no hope,it`s made by Sweden team so I expect somehow same crappy launch/gameplay as BF4 but in Star Wars universe,coz they don`t learn and then again Visceral will come and save the day...

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, I'm not expecting Visceral to do any better tbh, all they did was take a buggy engine and reskin it, plus building a few new maps and tinkering a bit of playmodes.

And I've yet to see anything really impressive from visceral, the steam version of dead space is still buggy, just for my personal experience with their games on pc. Installed it, played half an hour, couldn't get through an open door. Happened twice on two differenc pcs, thanks but I'm not impressed with their work...

You are right, battlefront will suffer from the same problems, as will hardline, as will bf5... it's the engine after all.

10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    The building in the thumbnail of that youtube video is an exact copy past of a building in Bf4s campaign lol

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    This is not battlefield!!! I will try beta however.

12. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I`ve seen buildings from BFBC2 in BF3 and then in BF4...so it`s not something new.

Wouldn't be funny to be better than BF4 and more fun ?I appreciate more a game that is fun than a frustrating game like BF4.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I will try the beta before buying this game.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Funny thing is i think it might be, maybe not more fun but might be better with hit detection and things like that. We've tested BF4 enough for them now :D

is there a way to pre-load? Couldnt find anything like that on origin last night

15. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Tonight at 19 CET is the preload on Origin.

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Great, thanks for the info!

17. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I really wish they would just call it Hardline. This isn't Battlefield, no matter how hard they try to fool me.

This one is a no go for me unless it gets cheap fast, or somehow gets amazing reviews.

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Same kinda stuff was said about bad company

"its not a battlefield game as it only has 32 players, No jets, small maps, only 4 classes, only 2 factions, focuses on on rush mode not classic battlefield conquest ect ect

Yet I think we can agree that turned out pretty great and more importantly FUN.

Personally I think hardlines brings back some of that fun aspect, they tried to cram too much BS in bf4 and now its taking another team to try balance it all (ucav and mortars just got nerfed in cte)

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This could be the first time a Battlefield game has a good single player, well... since the first Bad Company.
    Visceral being behind this only gets me interested for the campaign. Which is where their passion has always been. Always seemed odd to put a developer who's been completely devoted to single player... behind an insanely popular online shooter.

But, oh well. DICE have shown they can't do a decent single player (BF3 and 4 were awful). Hopefully Visceral can.

20. I wish they would just remake all of the BF2 maps and sell them as a $30-$50 dollar map pack instead of making a new (possibly dog****) game.