970 memory allocation issue revisited (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by morbias, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
  2. jode67

jode67 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    cards are still not as advertised, and nvidia should refund money for them. I dont need games or other goods just a refund from nvidia

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Let's try this again... posts deleted.

jode67, seeing as you don't want to get your refund from the place you bought it then I suggest you head on over to the geforce forums and bang your head against a wall there, repeating the same thing over and over on these forums isn't going to get you anywhere so I've helped you out by banning your account.

Other than that, pretty please can we keep this thread on topic?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    It seems in some regions/shops/retailers, returning your 970 for a refund, and then buying it again will result in a profit of around 20-40% depending on what you refund and what you buy.

In a way, this makes the 970 an even better purchase.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I really wonder how the 8gb versions of the 970s are going to be made as far as the 2 Vram pool system goes? Considering the 4gb 970s have 3.5gb and 0.5gb.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Likely 7GB +1GB lol.

7. 53RKZ

53RKZ Guest

GPU:
    HD4600
    Yes, this is true, the profit part I mean. Where I live the 970 G1s where going for 375-380€ when I bought it and now they can be had for 310€. Some other 970s are even cheaper since I believe the G1 is one of the best versions of 970.

8. Dave4321

Dave4321 Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Would it help if the next Nvidia driver moved things that do not require fast vram (windows, drivers, etc) out the fast partition and into the slow partition leaving more space in the fast partition for a game?

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This is kind of what they are trying to do, but nothing can fix this at all as its laser cut on the die it self.

I am happy with my 970's so I am going keep hold of them as see how these new drivers change things and also wait for 390X and see what performance and prices are like first before I make my move.

Also Nvidia will be giving some free stuff away soon as well as a sorry too, I know this isn't ideal but heck its still free.

10. Dave4321

Dave4321 Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    well if you have 500mb of stuff in the fast partition and you move it to the slow. Won't this give games 500mb more fast vram to use? Most likely 500mb is wishful thinking though. Someone on another also argues that the slow partition will still need to be accessed by the stuff they move into it and that will cause a slowdown as well because the card can't access both at the same time. No idea if that argument is correct.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The lack of official statement, lack of clear explanation on how it came to this,
    lack of clear strategy and centralized worldwide policy toward both customers and retailers is just as disheartening if not more so than the issue itself.

Anyone can make mistake. But this is now well past mistake.
    This is deliberate willingness to sacrifice reputation in order to avoid any kind of financial responsibility.
    Sacrificing public image and reputation for a little bit of cash,
    Cash - which they have so much they don't know where to invest it. RLY NVIDIA??

Like WTF, what @#$&^* is in charge of this :bang:

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I bought mine for $300.

13. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    People that are asking refunds what are they going to buy then? A R9 290 or R9 290X? To get this?

[​IMG]

Instead of this?

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Geforce-GTX-970-Grafikkarte-259503/Specials/zu-wenig-VRAM-1149056/

So, refunding the GTX 970 to get an AMD card in same price-range, just doesn't work. If people do it, they are set to a huge disapointment. Just saying.
    As far as I'm concerned, the only way to replace GTX 970 is with GTX 980

A lower spec'ed card will degrade its performance sooner than the mighty GTX 980, not because of VRAM but, because of less "Core" power.

The games that show odd behaviour - afaik, CoD: AW - are most certainly being poorly managed by Windows and drivers heuristics. A driver update will fix this and nVIDIA alrady confirmed they willl do it. So, the only question now should be: "Will nVIDIA driver team deliver?"
    If it does, cool.
    If it doesn't - and I just can't wait for SLi benchmarks! -, GTX 970 costumers and GTX 970 COSTUMERS ALONE (we are upset enough already; we are not AMD fanboys' shields) should round up and demand nVIDIA for compensation - dk, a (not-for-free) upgrade program to GTX 980? -, since we can already refund the cards (at least in US).

14. Dave4321

Dave4321 Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Well, in the US, you can get a 290x for $230 now ($100 less than a 970). Pretty good deal. I can't see those images by the way. What do they conclude?

15. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Yes, very good deal.
    They conclude the R9 290X stutter way more than GTX 970 in WD.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Where? Newegg has the 290x listed minimum $299.99($279.99 after mail in rebate).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103246

At the price, even with the miscommunication from Nvidia the 970 is still a better performer.

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The proper 4 gig GTX 970 chart.

[​IMG]

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    After all of this ****, I'm considering listing my 970 just to get out of this section again.....

19. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I wouldn't, it is a great card. If I had bought one and found out about this I would keep it, maybe be pissed a little but oh well.

It still gets the same numbers in benches, good ones.

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    So no word from nVidia if they're going to do anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.