Problem with Asus Xonar DG 5.1

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Elfo7, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Elfo7

Elfo7 Guest

GPU:
    12 gb g skill ripjaws
    Hi ! Sorry for english.

I just bought an Asus Xonar DG and I have a 5.1 speaker set. Problem is, no matter what I try, I can't get the subwoofer to work. I downloaded latest drivers from manufacturer, tried different configurations and disabled onboard sound from bios. The black, yellow and and green cables are connected from my central subwoofer to the sound card.

I tried to set the speakers to 5.1 in windows and also in the asus xonar program, and I can hear the bass, but it sounds like a normal speaker. No "bass" effect like I had with my last sound card.

Does someone know how can I fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Try Uni-xonar drivers.

3. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    The front speaker is working normally? The front and sub are in the same cable.

Try a movie with 5.1 sound, the front speaker should be mostly only for voices.

Also check if the 'switch front/sub output' or anything like this is enabled in the Asus Audio Center.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Are you using the bass redirection?

As was also mentioned check for a sub tab in the ASUS control panel about swapping center and sub.

What happens when you do a speaker test through ASUS control panel?

5. Elfo7

Elfo7 Guest

GPU:
    12 gb g skill ripjaws
    Wow, I finally fixed it. I was going to give up, but then I tried to plug the yellow connector into the orange/redish pin in the sound card and the bass started working as intended. I have no idea why. I mean, the colors don't match.

Then I enabled flexbass, played a bit with the uni xonar sliders c-panel and everything works fine. Didn't expect the sound to be this good. So happy now :)

Thanks everyone for the help.