Nvidia shadow play

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Joe, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

GPU:
    Galax GTX 970 @ 1400/3900
    while shadow play is running my core speed is down to 540 from 1150 and like 419,4304 memory used is this normal?

Spotted using MSI afterburner.

don't notice any performance issues

other than that, what a recording program :)

2. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    If you're talking non gaming speeds. Yes thats what is supposed to happen and has nothing to do with shadowplay.

3. Joe

Joe Active Member

GPU:
    Galax GTX 970 @ 1400/3900
    No, this is while gaming

Soon as I turn shadow play off core speed jumps back to 1150

4. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Sounds like one of their known bugs which has happened to me but backwards. Every so often when I update my drivers, shadowplay will to pin my GPU clock at high speed no matter if I am in game or not. The only way I can get my GPU to throttle back down "when I am not gaming" is to completely turn off shadowplay. Its happened to me with 2 different driver updates. I am using the latest updates now, video drivers 347.25 and Geforce Experience 2.2.2.0 and everything works as it should. This bug was happening to me with drivers 347.09. Im not sure if its the video driver that causes it or if its geforce experience. It sounds like you're having clock issues related to drivers or GE. Luckily for me its only happened to me twice. Once months ago and recently with 347.09 drivers and an older GE. You might try either a different video driver or a different version of geforce experience. Again, I am using video drivers 347.25 and Geforce Experience 2.2.2.0 and it cured my problem.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015