Samsung Launches its SE790C Curved Monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Samsungshows off its newest and most advanced curved monitor, model SE790C. Alongside an optimized curvature design, ultra-wide quad high definition (ULTRA-WQHD) resolution and a superior contrast rat...

Samsung Launches its SE790C Curved Monitor

2. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Curved TVs, Monitors limit user to sit at the center of the screen. Why to introduce the limitation? It's not a cinema....

3. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    + I think that your sight will try to flatten the image, so it doesn't appear to be so distorted.

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Looks sexy. :)

If only it was 120hz or so, low input lag/latency I would buy.

5. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    flat -> curved -> spherical -> 3Dglasses -> DisplayPorttobraindirectconnection -> GTX&CPUinsidebrainchip

6. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    this is something you should wait for others to guinea pig for you. i almost jumped on the lg curved but started reading that the light bleed was horrible on them. 1300 dollars is insane money for a monitor with real flaws

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    WANT

This monitor looks to be better than the LG and Dell offerings.. I would grab this in a heartbeat.

Looks like it has VESA mount as well, which is a huge deal for those of us who are "mounters"

Only problem I have is that now I've gone ahead and grabbed a qnix monitor and run at 100hz.. I don't know if I can go back to 60hz :/

8. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Nah...

Add G-Sync and we have a deal!

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    That's an odd monitor.

No issues with the aspect ratio, but the price versus benefit for a monitor is weirdly weird.

Enthusiast you say? Well, what are they enthusiastic about on their desktop? Movies? If they are into movies and have got 1300 $ then they got a 50Inch teevee for that so...who is this for again?

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    For TVs its a bad gimmick imo, yes. But for decent size monitors like this one, its definitely an advantage. It mitigates viewing angle color shifts and your eyes are more equidistant to the screens left, right and center.

11. Rage

Rage Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2GB
    :confused:

Bad attempt at trolling? Or not very bright?

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    they are like trying so hard to make people believe curved screens are a real improvement, cant know for sure until I own one, if I ever do, but in order for this to actually improve the experience, you'll have to sit dead center at all times, if you're like you know, a normal person, who is always changing position and viewing angle this would be a real nightmare, not to mention the huge back pain this would cause, unless this thing manages to follow your head around, there's hardly any chance it will make things better

my guess is this thing will fad away just like 3D, or remain as a niche with severely limited product choices

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    A curved monitor makes more sense than a curved TV, it's the least favourite part about IMAX if you don't get the perfect seats.

Nice screen though, and would take slightly less GPU power than a 4k screen.

14. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I have try one for CAD, and i need say, at first i was dubitative, but then.. ok.. its really good just put 2 monitors like this one over the other and you get a really good system.

This said, i will need test if im more tired after work 8hours on this .

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  15. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I guess that it'll put more stress on you, as you need a good perception of how lines are aligned when looking at CAD stuff, and curved displays make straight lines curved.