Nintendo Confirms New Consoles

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by (.)(.), Dec 21, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    http://gamingtheater.net/2014/12/nintendo-confirms-work-underway-new-consoles/

Ohh yeeeaaah! And Star Fox
    Wii - u still gets all of 2015's focus, so hopefully wii-u owners get more titles.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
  3. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Not had an interest in anything from Nintendo since the GC but I'll see what they pull out the bag this time.

4. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    just dont come out with the same cpu only a bit faster for the 4th time.
    Go powerful but not too much more than current gen.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Deserved far more attention than it got. Like all of Nintendo's consoles. Its a shame that far to many gamers feel that nintendos lack of third party support makes them a non player in the console market. Never understood why people buy consoles for third party games (excluding third party exclusives).

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    To tell the truth , every time i say im not interested. gamecube,wii , wii-u.
    and what do i get to end up with ? Thats right , its the bloody console. :p

They have certain games which are rehashes just like call of duty , assasins creed or every other sucessfull franchise, but the games never ever let me down. (while the other games i named failed a few times).
    Pure quality from nintendo.

**Start of rant**
    There are certain things about nintendo i do not like though. (with the current wii-u console).

First of all its their menu structure. WTF Japanese style, why so hard to manouvre around the menus just to do a simple thing. look at microsoft and sony nintendo! Much easier to navigate there.

Their web store is also miles behind of the ones from microsoft and sony. they offer way less games to start with.
    Whats up with all the delaying of classics btw ? why not offer every game released to day to the newer consoles as well ? its not that hard is it ?
    But no we need to make a special nintendo direct event with the re-release of some 1988 game to the wii-u.

I also dislike the perephals. first of all , they battery constistancy/power level is def the lowest of xbox360/one/ps3/ps4 consoles.
    the batteries drain really really fast. especially on the tablet.
    But its also happening on their gamepro controller. my other controllers last way longer than that.

Then there is the sensitivity on the touch screen. It is very bad. even comparing it to a sony xperia S phone from a few years back! it feels like i put over 5 anti-scratch covers over the glass already with nothing on.
    I also hope they will allow control of the menus with other controlers then just the horrible tablet controller.
    I wish they would just go back to basic. If there is something ive learned i hate games with gyroscope controls. never liked swinging on the original wii, and certainly do not like it with the wii-u as well.

Im really interested to see what they will do with that new starfox game and zelda for wii-u when it comes to that. i was kind of annoyed to fly with the beetle in skyward sword because of the horrible controls. And when i saw that nintendo direct when he aimed for the tower in zelda i thought FFS here we go again. It looked very clumsy.

Now for the Hard drive. Why not a 1TB or 2TB drive in it. if they are gonna upgrade their web store with more games they certainly need more space.

That and besides more processor power, more ram and deadlier gpu. :D

Now i think Nintendo will never meet my list of demands , i think it will be just a minor upgrade. no where near xbox one or ps4 kind of power thats for sure.

**End of rant**

ps. i still love nintendo in the end

7. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    For me it's that I don't really enjoy the main parts of Nintendo's catalog with the exception to a few (Zelda and Metroid for instance). As for the Wii and Wii U, it just wasn't my cup of tea. To me they seemed a bit gimmicky, although Bayonetta 2 still makes me jealous.

If they go back to SNES/N64/GC days with a decent controller and some pretty cool first party games (3rd party is also a big plus) I'll check them out.

8. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I love Nintendo's games, but if the Wii U is the only gaming device, it's a huge negative that so many of the big 3rd party games skip it. And many of the 3rd party games have also been better on the seven-years-older Xbox 360.

Regarding hardware, I don't think Nintendo has to produce the most powerful console, but it should definitely be "good enough".
    Nintendo could also have gotten an AMD APU design, and even something comparable to the HD 5770 would have greatly increased the chances for greater 3rd party support. At the time, I was hoping the GPU would be based on the HD 7750

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

I as child loved all the nintendo franchise IP'S they had NES/SNES etc, but i grew up, Those game did not. my taste in games changed. Nintendo did not, The remain of the same mind. alot there stuff is geared towards the kids. And Most kids these days rather Frag there friend in COD and games like that. But of all the system Nintendo has the most die hard fanbase, they just dont control the console scene anymore like they use too in there golden years.

And in my eye. there controllers since the wii im sorry are crap of the motion gimmick with weird odd ball shapes and wtf was Nintendo thinking when they made the wii u controller the side of tablet

I love Nintendo i really hope there "new" consoles bring back developers and bring back traditional controllers not this weird motion, huge tablet crap they been doing.

Link and Metriod are only thing left Nintendo still milking but i not buying a system solely for 2 games and the 1 or 2 out side that i interested in.

And i never like smash bros mostly cause i dont like Fighting/brawl games

Tastes in game change, Nintendo didnt change. If i want my nostalgia from those days again i will pull out those olds system and play the games again.

These are just my opinions and why i lost faith in Nintendo. i would love for them become king of the hill again.

Here hoping lessons are learned and nintendo does right and makes some developers actual want to develop for.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  10. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Aw, I hope the new StarFox is good! I didn't really like the GC renditions, I own both and never bothered to complete either. Loved StarWing (UK PAL version) on the SNES though.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

12. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Must be their TOP SECRET Console to RULE THEM ALL: The VirtualSuperFamiNesCubeBoy64WiiGameWatchAdvance3DSColor-U!

With the ULTRA TOP SECRET launch game: SuperMarioBrosDeluxeExclusiveUltraDirectorsCutRe-ReleasedGodKnowsHowManyTimesYetIdiotsStillBuyItLimitedEditionPreOrderExclusiveContentDLCFloppyDiskCartCDDVDBluRayDownloadBoxedDayOnePatchEdition!

13. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Sounds like a new capcom title.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I honestly don't get it sometimes.

Nintendo could of owned with the Wii U even with its current hardware and its limits.

Simply put they should of released the Wii U WITHOUT THE GAMEPAD!!!

Maybe a little better CPU (maybe more cores for better multitasking) but nothing too fancy. The GPU is already based of the HD4870 which in console terms is still a pretty fast GPU.

They should of released Wii U with the Pro Controller, kept it backwards compatible with original Wiimotes and Nunchucks, Balance boards etc.

Maybe released the Gamepad as a second option sometime in the future.

This would of dropped the price of the machine a great deal, at least $80/£50 easily if not more.

Also, how long really does it take Nintendo to make a side scrolling Mario game? They could probably churn out a 50 level 2D (3D sprites) Mario game in less than six months easily. Just look at the new Mario Maker game... I mean, come on!

Third party... Who the feck needs third party. When Nintendo have the BEST IP and most famous IP still going today. Mario 2D, Mario 3D, DK, Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mario Kart, Waverace, Smash Bros, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Pokemon, Metroid 2D, Metroid Prime.

They have the cash, and I mean cash to buy a host of studios, small and large and give them their IP to create new games in those series. They let RARE slip through their fingers and didn't grab them back when they were in their prime.

They also have special ties with Japanese devs also, imagine them getting on a stage and announcing a full 3D remake of Secret Of Mana or Evermore!? I think GAF would instantly shut down.

Imagine if Nintendo actually revamped their online UI and infrastructure to mimic XBL or PSN. They could have a subscription model where you pay "X" amount a month and it gets you constant access to their cloud based games from the NES, SNES, N64, and GC. Streamed straight to your console, with cloud save states and save files all upscaled to 1080p 60fps.

Then get indies on board like Sony has, and get the classic STEAM indies that are flooding the industry now.

Imagine if Nintendo released an online 32 player F-Zero game in 1080p60fps like Mario Kart is!?

Or finally an Eternal Darkness 2!?

Or an online MMO Pokemon! That would shut down GAF for about a week!

Couple this with releases of Mario 2D, Mario 3D, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Star Fox, Mario Kart from Nintendo themselves.

Give other IP to different studios like give Metroid Prime back to Retro, Give F-Zero back to SEGA, give Pokemon to SQUARE and give them all a shed ton of money to create the best games possible.

I say it once again who needs third party when you have this!?

Nintendo games from Mario, Kart, Zelda and DK

1st party devs for Metroid, Pokemon, and F-Zero

Cloud streaming of old retro games, NES, SNES, N64, GC
    + handhelds

Indie games on a brand new Online system

Yea like they need third party. All they need is to get their heads out their asses and start making things happen.

One more thing before my head explodes LOL :p

One match made in heaven could be.......

Nintendo IP + Pixar Animation Studios......

Enough said.

15. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB

No... just no. :puke2:

Such games are small enough to stay local without being subject to the travesty that is "cloud streaming".

Agree with some of your other points though.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Am I the only one who likes wiimotes and the wii u gamepad :D Pro controllers are good too. Only problem nintendo had was naming the console wii u. No one knew it was a new console.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I think they're fine, especially the gamepad.

18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Maybe not the final nail but surely Nintendo themselves talking about new consoles at least constitutes the start of the coffin nailing for the Wii U? Not that it matters for me, I have ever only owned one Nintendo systems and that was the original Gameboy and even that got sold dirt cheap to a school buddy of mine after less than a year.

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    rofl :D

20. WoenK

WoenK Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    erhhh...are you sure about that ?
    WII came out end of 2006, HD 4870 middle of 2008...
    It could have been based on an old Radeon X1000 maybe, but according to wiki it was based on the old GC chip. quck serach...WII GPU offers 352.0 GFLOPS, XboxOne 1310 GFLOPS...meaning it is about 4 times slower than the Xboxone...nothing you would call home today

no matter what...it was a cheap console offering something new, but 8 years to announce a new one ? And they are just about to enter the planning stage...did they sleep?
    Even if they are not tryingto reach a MS or Sony level with the hardware, they will be in a tough spot because most tablets would offer way more than their console and way cheaper (unless they really manage to have a sub 100 USD console, tablets arealready available under 80 USD)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014