Again with this s*** (Concerning Metal gear solid ground zeros)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by lorikano, Dec 19, 2014.

1. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    First it plays bad on AMD gpus time after time again (not only this title), buts thats not all, even crossfire isn't working 50% gpu load. Recently there are so many games that have proven to fail again and again.
    Do you want to stay in the business AMD?
    Let me give you an advice AMD .Please start giving money to all the devs who work solely on Nvidia, you know I'm gonna have to change sides if you don't change. The way it has been going its been a total domination on nvidia part.

[​IMG]

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    People keep blaming AMD but its mostly the game developers.

3. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    I believe its mostly business based on highest bidder. And AMD's bid is always way too low. If AMD's bid on GTA V is too low then only god knows if AMD will go bankrupt.

4. Lord Lucifer

Lord Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    2x Titan X SLI
    I'll be honest I bought 2x R9 295x2's and have been really disappointed in the performance too. All new games it seems don't support crossfire. so I have a card basically doing nothing all the time..

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Do you have any kind of proof, or are you just trying to find excuses?

As far as I'm concerned, if a game developer can't make their game run on my hardware, then I don't need to spend money for said game. Plenty of other (non-hardware-biased) games run just fine on my hardware.

PC gaming implies all hardware; AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA (and some other companies also, but those are the big three when dealing with CPUs and GPUs). Game performance shouldn't be like trying to chose a console for it's exclusives...

And also, you don't even know the performance yourself; you're just quoting a bar graph. If I've learned anything over the years about drivers, hardware, and performance, it's that you shouldn't trust what you haven't seen personally. For all I know, that graph could be staged.

But honestly, if you're doubting AMD as hard as you imply, you should save yourself some time (and sanity) and just go NVIDIA like you already said you would. Just note that nobody (maybe most people; can't speak for everyone) here really cares what you choose to do though :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its nvidia based game, those always run worse on AMD.

Well unless they dont use some nvidia specific game optimizations, I bet its that DOF and Shadows fault, like by Bioshock infinite, DOF was AMD's stuff and ran worse on Nvidia.

7. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    1) With all due respect but I don't think you understand how video gaming business actually work and all those devs are eager to gain a few more quids by Nvidia/Amd and by this scenario AMD has always been not principled.

2) Graph is real .I tested the game.

3) Tbh peoples opinions matter because it helps other people form their own opinions based on certain products and thats always good for competition and well being.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's why I sold mine

9. Lord Lucifer

Lord Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    2x Titan X SLI
    @ Extraordinary Would you say change to 980's or Titan Z's?

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Never used a Titan Z but I'm very happy with my 980

11. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Why on earth would you go Titan Z's? Literally 4k euros between those and you'll get somewhat similiar performance.

12. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Consider 50% good, my 2nd GPU is being utilized 0%.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I'm suprised NVIDIA is still performing better on these new games with new engines, I'm sure the consoles are x86 AMD hardware. What a mess.

14. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Update, do not use Borderless Fullscreen setting, it disables Crossfire.
    Also, Lighting Quality seems to be the most strenuous setting.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Huge lol, I rest my case.:roll:

16. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    2014 was the worst year for SLI and CF both and even though there were SLI profile for the new games but it was a stutter mess and that is why i sold my 1 GTX 780 Ti and 1440p monitor so i am back to 1080p monitor with a Single GTX 780 ti and i am happy with it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT

Yeah this comes down to paying devs not down to hardware. Well life is.

And still the game works amazingly well on 290x and 290 even when not optimized whatsoever.

18. SpikeOT

SpikeOT Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I bought my R9 295X2 in Sept. When it works as intended, it's great. However, I bought it to enjoy CoD:AW, Far Cry 4 and Elite Dangerous. Sadly, due to a lack of Crossfire support in all of those titles, I have effectively upgraded my GTX770 to a 290X.

Yes, it's an improvement, but not £700 worth of improvement, which is what it cost me after a new case and PSU to fit the card in! Couple that with the fact that the price of the 295X2 has dropped further and I'd be lucky to afford a GTX980 with the proceeds from selling it.

I'm not solely blaming AMD for this, I know it's often game developers' fault, but there simply isn't any point in owning a dual GPU card when this is the reality for the end user. I will keep mine in the hope that GTA V will support Crossfire. If it doesn't support within a week or two of launch though I'm going to have to sell the card. Most annoyingly, given that I'm not a fan of their behaviour in the market, I may have to go with nVidia simply because it's my best chance of getting good support for new games. I can see from their driver forums that it's not all good news for them either at the moment with PhysX issues for the GTX900 series.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I thought people that buy the games are the ones that matter the most? If I read a review of how poor a game runs, I won't buy it.

The whole "this game is not optimized for x hardware" is getting old. I understand if something isn't powerful enough, but that's not how it is anymore. Add all these pointless effects and bloom and forget about frame time and FPS.
    It is entirely the game/engine dev's fault, AMD/Intel/NVIDIA do their part by providing drivers and maybe some hardware, if they can't make a game run properly like that then they shouldn't be making games (Ubisoft).

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I buy games when they run correctly not a moment sooner tbh. I could now actually buy ac unity as it runs really well now considering fps doubled with omega drivers and patches to the game.