GTX 680 problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by CrowBgd, Dec 18, 2014.

1. CrowBgd

CrowBgd Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670
    Hello
    my first post and i need help. I have GTX 680 and when I try to power up than I got message "please power down and connect the pcie power cable(s) for this graphics card". I tried with 3 diferente PSU and nothing.Same problem. I suspect that RT8802 is not working properly. I am measuring Voltage on transistors 4935n and measure 0.95V and 1,0V. Any help would be nice.

2. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Just throwing my two cents here.

I would first try to get another graphics card that accepts additional power and see if that one is working normally. This step will take away any doubts about your board.
    I would also try to flash light in the power connector of gtx680 and see if there is some carbon / short circuit signs or anything like that.
    From your post, seems like you know your stuff but i am just adding some ideas to better diagnose the issue.

let us know!

3. CrowBgd

CrowBgd Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670
    I purchased new RT circuit. Tomorrow i try to replace old and I see what hapend. That (RT) iz for me mine suspect.

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Ah well then just replace the RT and you'll be flying.

Don't forget to check the FT on the BZ or you may run into OD issues later on.