anyone getting RGB Razer /Corsair keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Goldie, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    [​IMG]

i'm considering the razer one, prolly from amazon if they have it.
    just for lulz basically, as witcher3 got delayed (still not over that news yet )

2. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Between those two I'd go with a corsair rgb with blue switches:devil:

3. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    I would go Razer mainly just to go with my Deathadder and Kraken. Cant upgrade yet though I would have to replace the blue LED's inside my case when I do.

4. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i've a gigabyte osmium, i like it very much, the leds i thought were bright till i seen the rgb ones, especially the razer.
    i've a deathadder and use synapse so it would work very well for me, i also use the keyboard for a nightlight so the rgb one would look uber i imagine.
    my current has red keys and these are my preferred, i may get the overclockers modded version with clear dampening rings and pre-sprayed with keyboard grease. though i don't mind the nice key sound at all.
    the osmium is uber tough, been fired across room at wall a few times now and it still runs.

5. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    I have all blue lights except for my kraken headset, which has not driven my ocd crazy yet. My razer lycosa has gone through a few "extreme key presses" and other than a few keys needing to be pressed a certain way, it still works. If I had the money I would turn it into a backup and get a new one, but sadly I do not have the money.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I wouldn't touch the Razer one. It uses Razer designed switches (that are Chinese made) instead of true Cherry switches like the Corsair.

7. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    I have Corsair K95 RGB with MX Brown and Corsair Sabre RGB Mouse. Very Satisfied with both. :)

8. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Just stop with this BS already! My god! There is a lot of quality chinese stuff made today. Why don't you take a look at the Corsair forums and see how many are having problems with the MX blue switches. You won't find any Corsair RGB keyboards with blues anytime soon.
    I've had the Razer chroma,the keys feel like heaven! I didn't keep it because they don't have an open SDK yet... I heard they are working on it tho. I went with the K65 RGB for the simple fact it does have an open SDK. The K65 has red switches only,they are ok,but I loved the Razer switches. I would love for someone to explain to me what is so terrible about the Kailh switches.
    These are the same people that blindly buy Apple crap.

9. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Though I do agree with you, I must ask that you try and keep this civil. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

10. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    You should see me not civil.. :) Razer gets way too much hate. You can look at any company and find problems,for some reason certain guys lash out at razer. Its impossible that every peripheral you buy is going to be perfect and last forever. Most of us get bored and buy something new in a year or 2 anyhow. Its not like these things are super expensive anyhow. I'm on my 2nd Naga epic in 3 yrs. You won't hear me complain about it,best mouse I've ever had.

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    That's exactly why.

12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    How long is the mouse supposed to last? I've had other mice that didn't last that long. Actually, I was wrong,the 1st one lasted 3 yrs. Time flies so fast :( Its the only mouse I've found to be perfect for me in every way. I got a 2 yr warranty on this one,so if it goes out I can go to best buy and swap it for another one. No worries.

13. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    I know, I have used corsair and logitech stuff off and on through out the years, I always end up coming back to Razer because I have had the best experiences with their products.

14. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    My Deathadder mouse has lasted about 6 years. The anti slip stuff they put on is rubbing off but it still works just fine. Its a simple mouse though compared to your Naga.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  15. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    I have had cosair mice that lasted only a month. Not everything is made like the rest. I just got a bad one.

16. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    The Naga is a great mouse. In fact there isn't another mouse that I have seen to make me even want to try it. I don't understand why these other companies don't look at their stuff.. LOGITECH... and make it look better and give it some flash. The only thing I have of logitech that I like is the G13 Keypad. Just love it and can't do without it. Their new 910 keyboard falls short. Could have been great tho.

17. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I'd get neither. I'm not happy with Corsair right over the last year I've had to RMA or replace a few parts in my case due to being cheaply designed or just breaking, and currently I'm RMAing some Corsair vengeance memory that just up and quit working. I like Razer as I've had good luck with their products, just the software support sucks. My current mouse's (Razer Lachesis 5600 DPI) tray icon causes the mouse to freeze on occasion and Razer never fixed it. Too bad the mouse is now legacy and no longer supported by them or the newer Synapse software. I did just buy a Coolermaster Storm Recon to replace it. Hopefully I'm happy with it, and it's big enough as I've tried other mice (Razer Taipan and Mionix Avior 8200) and they were too small for my hand.

18. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    every company has their hit and misses. Just like the keyboards that have screens on them. Such at the G19 and Deathstalker Ultimate. There are barely any apps to utilize them. What a waste of money. I don't care if I can see the specs of my machine on there. I want to use it for info on my games.. The Orion Spark G910 and the upcoming Roccat Skeltr uses your cell phone,which is the way to go,but are developers going to use them..I doubt it.

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Someone sure is mad that their favorite company got called out for trying to pull a fast one on consumers. Kalih switches are an obvious cost cutting move on Razer's part to up their margins. The Black Widow Chroma costs exactly the same as the K70RGB and uses inferior switches. There's just no excuse for that. And just stop right now with the nonsense of "they felt good to me, therefore they're fine". Terrible logic. They're unproven and come from a dubious company. Razer does this lowball stuff with most of their products. I've had an original Black Widow that died for no reason, and two Death Adders that died after 6 months that were by no means abused (and cleaned regularly). Never again.

Also, the bolded comment is utterly hilarious. You're mad at people "brand bashing for no reason" and then go and do exactly that. Apple sure is crappy. Must be why they sell millions of units every time.

20. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Razer didn't get Kailh switches to cut costs,Corsair has an exclusive deal with Cherry til the end of the year. Do you see logitech using cherry? No.. They created their own Romer G switches. How do we know how good those will be either. As far as I can see,Cherry is far from perfect also. They are having problems with the Blue switches.
    IcE. I'm sure you love your apple products.. They are popular because they are dumbed down so a 14 yr old girl can use it. :)