Steam Xmas Sale Starts on the 18th (Like clockwork)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, Dec 10, 2014.

1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    What are you going to buy?

Will probably but a truck load but the games I will definitly buy are:

1. South Park
    2. Castlevania LOS 2
    3. Grim Dawn
    4. Batman AO
    5. Killer is Dead
    6. Broforce
    7. AC 3
    8. Dark Souls 2
    9. Ninja Gaiden Z Yaiba
    (Edit) 10. Alien Isolation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Probably will only buy FarCry4 but that most likely won't go on sale this early. I have pretty much every other game I'm interested in at the moment.

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I might hunt for a good deal for new Borderlands. Not quite suer what else i want, but i am sure i will spend quite few pounds!

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Honestly, there's not that much that I really want.
    Probably another sale I'll get through without spending a dime on myself.

I'll most likely buy a few gifts for friends.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't buy Dark Souls 2, it's getting a re-release in 2015 with DX 11 and all DLC bundled in.

I hope they've some good bundles on sale otherwise it'll be yet another steam sale where I use the cards to earn a bit of steam wallet.

Get it, join Mr. Bigtime and me. Get it from Amazon US though. Three claptraps ... it will be glorious!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    That would be great! we had good session in BL2 last xmas!

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh now that Shadows of Mordor finally got it's SLI profile, and that I'll be getting a new rig together around christmas / new year's, I'm really looking to get a daily deal with more than 33% off it, and probably some discount on the season pass ;)

And, of course and as always, there might be some other picks that come along. Also, I'll be watching Watch Dogs and Galactic Civilizations 3.

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Personally, I'm looking for Sniper Elite 3 DLC to be heavily discounted as well as Shadow of Mordor's season pass for under $10. SoM has quickly become one of my favorite games ever and I highly recommend it, though you can get it right now for $20 on G2A, or just under $30 bundled with the season pass.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Nothing worth buying at the moment.

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Never bought anything at g2a, but it's looking to be quite cheap most of the time... maybe I'll give it a shot this time around. Thanks for the hint.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Theres more cheaper sites than g2a and g2a also doesnt have this good reputation (anymore), you hear from more and more people that games they have bought got already disabled, cos the 3rd party sellers there bought it with fake paypal, etc. and then sell it at g2a.

And now comes the people who defend g2a cos they never had any issues, ofc, i didnt say its for every one, but g2a has a rising count in what i just said.

I will never buy anything there, cos like already said, there a sites which are cheaper and more trustworthy. Why do you think g2a "invented" this g2a-shield thing.

12. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Looking forward to the sales, hopefully pick up Alien Isolation at some stage

13. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    First post. *waves hi*

Hoping to see AC4 drop down to around $12 as I skipped it. It only got to $20 on the fall sale - made me wonder if Ubisoft can't afford a deep discount after their recent train wreck.

Hoping my 770 will hold up for 60fps play. I just can't bring myself to buy a 980 at this point with the suspicion a 980 Ti is 3 months away...

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm going to get SoM if it's at least -50%. Same goes to AC:U.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm wondering, would I still get two free ubisoft games when I'll buy say 2 980s until the end of January? I could easily skip FC4 then, as I'd get it for free (and AC)

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    haha and guy/s with 18 million gems have lost all his items in inventory :wanker:

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm glad they introduced a way for me to finally get rid of all the dumb backrounds and emoticons in my Steam inventory that nobody wants to buy on the market.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This "event" only works for people that really play into the trading cards and badges and stuff.
    I've never crafted a badge, have zero trading cards as I get rid of them as soon as I get them.
    I've found the trading cards and Steam level thing to be... well... stupid since they first did it.

Steam's holiday events for the past couple years have been completely focused around the Steam level and trading card stuff.
    Kind of sucks for those of us out there that have never had any interest in any of that stuff.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah .. they're microtransactions for steam. I really don't like microtransactions :p Not sure why people put their own money into it though.