Is This Over Kill ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by keasy, Nov 28, 2014.

1. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    My cheque arrived in the post to cover the cost of my faulty MSI 970 GE with the bad fan issue. Having set my heart on either the Asus Strix OC or the GB G1 I've been waiting for the cheque to clear whilst deciding which card to go for.

Then this thing pops up at an affordable price !

[​IMG]

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-041-IN

Trouble is I can't find a review on it and more to the point I can't find a G3D review. Is it a bit overkill ? I admit that it instils a confidence in me that the card/GPU will stay very very cool !

Opinions anyone ?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    That card is not overkill at all. If you're going to upgrade,then UPGRADE. Go for it keasy. You won't be sorry one bit. One thing to consider is, that video card exhausts hot air INTO your case. I don't know what case you have,just make sure you have good exhaust fans in your case. Good Luck!

3. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I was thinking more along the lines of the cooler being overkill tbh.

My case is a Corsair Carbide 300r and the MSI 970 GE I had in it wasn't an exhausting fan either and it was plenty cool as was the MSI 670 I had prior. So, I'm thinking is the ichill is overkill ie: a bit surplus to requirement and will it be noisy ? I'm wondering if that little fan on the side will make a high pitched noise when running.

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    whats that coming over the hill? is it a monster?......

get another msi970. :)

p.s dont talk to me about fans....mines now working for 8 days straight. yes side of case off.

face offffffffffffffffffffffff......

5. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    No, it's a Hex bug ! :)

I'm loathe to go down the MSI road again mate, I've been treated like a nobody by both their forum staff and their official support.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    hex bug? eh? u been reading my mind boyo...

how you know what have been looking at for chrimbo?

p.s u had to rma to Korea?

7. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    No, I couldn't even get that far.
    MSI's official stance for RMA is via the original vendor during the initial first year of guarantee, as is applicable by European law.

But, if the vendor tests the product ( as in my case ) and deems it fit for purpose/ no fault found then they refuse to send the product back to MSI...ad infinitum circles....

When I contacted MSI UK they told to...yup RMA via my original vendor who would pass it to them if they found no fault...but if the vendor finds no fault they don't send them back at all, they either charge for an administration fee and refund or return said faulty goods back to the customer!

It's a mile out !

Anyway.....

Grrrr!

I'd have more fun with a Hex bug than a bloody MSI 970 ! ;)

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I had fan issues from near day one so I called ocuk and they gave me some grief but agreed to Rma.

I left if because the fan issue was intermittent. I phoned them again renewed the rma.

By this stage they think am probably loopy. But hey.

Anyways am now 8 days with side of case off and the fan seems to work as should:infinity:

cool starry bra eh? hehe

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  9. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    There's a user on this forum that has that card in the 970 thread.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    970s can be had for around £20 less than what you linked, OP, not to mention they will likely be better cards.

11. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    yep got 2 of theses gtx 980 cards runs really cool . 50c when gaming @ 2560 x 1600 but they are big cards :banana: @ core 1500 MHZ / mem 2000 MHZ on stock voltage and yes they are good overclocking cards so cool ......... :D

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014