Why does Defender consistently want to scan my PC?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by CPC_RedDawn, Nov 27, 2014.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Load up my PC from cold boot and every single day I click on the "Action Center" icon to check and always it stats that Windows Defender needs to scan your PC?

I have looked through the program and tried to turn off daily scanning but cant find it anywhere.

I have also been into Task Scheduler and disabled scheduled scan under Windows Defender but it still seems to want to scan every time I boot onto my PC?

Its not really a problem but its just bothering me. I don't download stuff that I don't know what it is or trust the sites I use. I always run a scan using Malewarebytes Pro at least once a week anyway and it always comes back with nothing found.

Any ideas?

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Do you use it at all?
    If not, just disable the app.
    It's in the options, somewhere, I don't remember where now, and I can't enter because it's disabled :p

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    There really isn't anyway to disable the weekly scan just let it do a quick scan and then you won't be bothered for another week.If you want to use it of course.

4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I would just disable the Action Center. Simplest way to do that without messing up services and the registry is to open Control Panel, go to Notification Area Icons, click Turn system icons on or off at the bottom, then set Action Center to Off.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    disable defender from service problem solved specially if you dont use it

6. zombkiller

zombkiller Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 690
    Disable it from Action Center and it will no longer scan your PC, but you will also become vurnerable againsts malware and other ****ty spyware,viruses