Gonna quit my job tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AsiJu, Nov 27, 2014.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hello,

some of you may remember me posting a thread about switching jobs.
    Well, that didn't work out.

Regardless, I've had it.
    I was on a "sick leave" (dunno what the actual English term is) due to surgery and during that time, the foreman of our company said, with every single one of our employees listening, that I must be fired.

Talk about stabbing someone in the back, as I have ultimately taught him everything about our company and procedures etc.

So, like said, that does it.
    I am the ONLY one there with expertise about certain things, yet my co-workers see it fit to piss on my pool.

The purpose of this thread is to encourage others to quit their dead-end jobs.
    Or to share their experience if they already have.

Trust me, staying "loyal" to your employer is NOT worth it.

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The actual english term is sick leave.

Of course not, if they cross your line you get the hell outta there? What more do they have in store for you, nothing.

Look for something new and start over. :)

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ thanks mate, that's exactly the kind of "pick-me-up" I needed :)

Especially as I'm going to face 90 days without any income soon as I'm quitting my job (thanks to the extremely excellent Finnish legislature).

However, that's a small price to pay for my sanity IMO... (which I would soon lose were I to continue with my job).

4. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    They may regret seeing you go after a while, but yeah just give them the finger and move on.

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah that's good man, but you will get unemployment support right? At least that will be good? And you'll be able to rest a bit so that's good.. :D

Then after 3 months you can start off fresh with a new company etc. :) Sounds good to me. XD:D

So make sure you find something good. :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  6. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I know how you feel. I quit my last full time job working as a hard laborer hauling tree trimmings and went back to work for a temp agency because I was sick and tired of being harassed and verbally abused when I worked my butt off for ten hours a day 5-6 days a week with only a 20 min lunch break and having to take two 500mg of Tylenol to take the edge off of my back pain I was having while being harassed and verbally abused and sometimes having to deal with a foremen that would hit me on the head with a rake or almost pushing me into the chipper because I wasn't moving fast enough for him when I had a big haul and chipping it.

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Haha that foreman can go **** himself. :D

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I don't know what the laws are in Finland, but here in the US a company can't just fire you for having medical issues. Especially something like surgery.

9. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    ^ Same thing in Canada. A person while on sick leave ,can not be fired.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks buddy! However what you described is about ten times worse than what I'm experiencing atm. Physical abuse is really crossing the final threshold...

@nhlkoho
    @ESlik

sorry, I was a bit vague. The laws are the same in Finland.
    However, the point was that our foreman (who is my nearest go-to guy), while always being nice to me face to face, actually had the gut to suggest I'd be fired.

While I was on sick leave.
    With all our employees present.

So surely you understand why I must resign.
    I just cannot work for a company like that anymore.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yes, after that 90 day period I will get unemployment support...

Rest assured tho, the only thing I'll be doing for the following six months is extensive alcohol usage...
    PS: in this respect, no, engineering does not pay off... ;)

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I know how you guys feel I went through verbral abuse from my employer of my very first job in landscaping (cutting grass) at a local Cemetery. He kept threatening to fire me over and over because I was not fast enough and that literally put me to tears because of it being my first job and I wanted it to be a success.

13. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    haha I have told a few of my employers to feck off and stuff there job where the sun don't shine, then walked out there and then, I refuse to let anyone talk/treat me like crap and im sure some of these big headed cun!s get a kick out of it to. on a bum note the last boss I told to shove it was poss not my best choice lol I had about 1 years worth of hard ship after walking out of that job :/ so make sure your making the right choice rather than I like me bottle it up till I flip out at them lol.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Actually that's kinda what I did.
    I kept my mouth shut for too long and now, all of a sudden, it's all my fault...

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    There were quite a few times I wanted to throw a few punches but somehow managed to refrain from doing so. I heard a few weeks ago that the foremen I had problems with got knocked out by a trimmer that was only two days in with the company and when the foremen put his hands on the guy he didn't like it and knocked him out.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Talk sh**, get bricked as they say. Seriously, if anyone was even pretending to put my life or appendages in danger, I would have gotten violent quick.

17. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Good luck and a wise choice! Cowardly back-stabbing doesn't even deserve a second chance! They'll notice soon enough that they threw away some talent :D You have my best wishes for the future, let us know when you need something, goes for all the Guru's :D

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    AsiJu, is there anyone above your foreman that you could talk to? If so, I'd go that route first and see how that pans out. If not, good luck to you.

You should have reported your foreman to the police and your employer to the state employment commission. Your foreman's actions were a criminal act. You could also report your employer to OSHA. Being employed by a company doesn't protect them from legal action. They still have to abide by all local, state and federal laws.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yes there is, actually, namely my own "foreman" (General Manager).
    But that's, then again, what makes the entire situation completely absurd.

While the GM understands my point of view (or at least so he keeps telling me), he's not willing to do anything about it....
    "we know everything, but we do nothing"
    kinda thing...

one more reason for me to go.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  20. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I quit my crappy job I hated and got a new awesome one at the start of the month. It's liberating.

However, I wouldn't quit till I found something else (I was on 2 weeks notice though). If they wanted me fired I'd definitely stay till I found something else, just to piss them off.