Black screen resume from sleep/standby

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MasterBash, Nov 26, 2014.

1. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I run a dual monitor configuration (Asus VG248QE as primary on Displayport @ 144hz, Asus VE248H on DVI as secondary monitor @ 60hz).

Using any 34x.xx driver, I get a black screen on my primary monitor when I try to come out of standby (monitors turn off by power options settings) and sleep.

I think prior to my format, the 344.11 drivers were working fine. I dont know what could be causing this.

I have all power settings features turned off (C-State, EIST, All PCI-Express settings), I also use High Performance as my power scheme.

However, despite everything being turned off, it seems to happen. Technically the solution is to set "display turn off" and "sleep" to never, but it doesnt fix my problem. I need to restart my computer to fix this problem. This does not happen with stock Microsoft drivers, but for obvious reasons those are unusable.

I resetted my display, but same issue.

It happens when my card is at stock and overclocked.

Help would be welcomed, thanks.

EDIT: Hibernation works fine.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Hello! Only thing I can suggest is to try switching these two (2) options to off in Inspector: GSYNC Global Feature & GSYNC Requested State.Shutdown completely for 15 seconds and restart.It may or may not help, but worth a try.

They're usually on by default.I just disable them in the global profile.

3. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Doesnt work

4. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    have you some errors in the windows eventmanager/system related with "nvlddmkm" ?

5. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    No, cant find anything at all whatsoever related to video card in event log

6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Sorry that didn't work for you! Noticed a few ppl round the web with multi-monitors having issues with the 344 line.Though I have a single monitor, I myself am getting some weird behavior with them so I'll be back on 337.61 until.Maybe rolling back might be your best option.

7. Faruk

Faruk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Noctua 4080
    I have the same problem with Dell U2312HM via DP, tried 344.80 did not fix the issue but this issue is random not happening all the time.

8. Turbo Brian

Turbo Brian Guest

GPU:
    980ti SLI
    i too experience the random black screen upon resume from sleep on my 980's. previously experienced it on my 780ti's too. i did find that unplugging and replugging the DP cable on the card makes the monitor wake up. beats having to do a hard reset which is what i used to do.

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's DP.

My 4K monitors are on DP and from time to time they will not recover from sleep properly (I've tested with HDMI and it never happens but sadly I am stuck at 30Hz so HDMI is not an option).

Another annoying bi-product of this is that whatever was on the DP monitor will be moved to the primary monitor (the DP monitors are not the primary monitor on my setup).

It's annoying as hell because I constantly have to move everything back over to the DP monitors when this happens.

I've heard that high quality (newer) DP cables can solve the problem but I tried that and the problem persisted. The only thing I can say is that it seemed to happen a lot less with the Belkin cable than it did with the no name cable.

10. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Hard reset seems a little overkill, couldn't you just set a hotkey for a system restart? You could even press Win+R then type
    Code:
    shutdown /r /f
    and just press enter. Voilà, instant and safe reboot.

11. TaurusManUK

TaurusManUK Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    My problem was resolved by clean installing 344.80 driver. I use display port with my 1440 monitor.

12. Turbo Brian

Turbo Brian Guest

GPU:
    980ti SLI
    yeah, but i didnt know what the problem was at the time. computer seemed fully unresponsive. now that i know the computer resumed fine, i could do a graceful shutdown/restart but its quicker to reach behind the computer and reinsert the DP cable to wake the monitor.