Forgot the name of the game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by goblinsly, Nov 22, 2014.

1. goblinsly

goblinsly Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 260 GTX
    Some years ago i played a game but i cant remember its name. It is a first person shooter. You play with your team m8s, i think there are 3 beside you. I think 1 of them dies. Anyway what i remember is a mission in some kind of theater/opera and there is a big stage with speakers and i think drums and stuff .. and enemies are coming from left and right .. also what i remember is that you had an option to carry a shield in your left hand and a gun in your right.
    I think this game has a sequel.

For some reason it reminds me of rainbow six vegas, but it is not it. Also regarding shields ... it is not call of duty :)
    I hope you can help me identify this game :)

2. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    S.W.A.T series?

3. goblinsly

goblinsly Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 260 GTX
    It was similar to SWAT 4 in some regards, but it was newer and also had story and i think cutscenes.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Sounds like a rainbow six game, maybe raven shield?

5. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Sounds like Rainbow Six Vegas 1 to me specifically this level:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loved that game! :)

6. goblinsly

goblinsly Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 260 GTX
    That is the one ! My god, i have less memory then 386 and the one i have is full of errors. I do remember that i finished 2 games of the same title, maybe modern warfare 1 and 2 which i played 1 after another. I know i finished Vegas 1 since i remember this map and also the last one. As for Vegas 2, i only remember the beginning ... i know that i stoped a certain game at the beginning so it must be Vegas 2 ... thank u for your help ..

Maybe i can use this chance to ask for more fps games where you play with your npc buddies. Basicly i like the COD style. SWAT4 is to "official" for me .. i like cutscenes and some humor and stuff .. black ops 1 was wooow. Gonna try Spec Ops, finish vegas 2, and when i upgrade my gpu, COD: ghosts and COD: advanced warfare. And after that, what is next, any suggestions ?

7. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Army of Two is pretty awesome for co-op, but unfortunately it's only on consoles. It has some great ideas, like dragging your wounded buddy and guarding with a shield while he shoots.

Also, you could try Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Red River, since You like CoD, it's something between sim, like Arma and "casual", like CoD.

8. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    You're welcome.

Hmmm, maybe try Battlefield Bad Company 2 (the original is not on PC). You often play with ally NPC's and it has quite a bit of humour and story/cut scenes in it. A fun game.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier was okay, not much of a story though. However, you have to work very closely with your teammates and is a bit more tactical though it's very user-friendly.

Have you tried the Brothers in Arms games? Hell's Highway was the latest one.

Can't think of much else...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  9. goblinsly

goblinsly Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 260 GTX
    Thank you for all the answers,

Right now i am playing spec ops and i have to say its great. Different, but great. Not as much fun as COD, less action, but i like the mistery.

As for brothers in arms, i havent played it. For some reason i dont like WW2 themed games, even though i finished original COD. I guess it is because we already know what happened and i kind of like to unweil the story myself. Its interesting because i know some ppl absolutely love WW2 games. I have to say i like all modern CODs, but to be honest the best to me were BO1 and BO2 .. even though BO1 wasnt really modern times, the characters were just awesome.

The list of games to be finished right now is Spec Ops, COD: Ghosts and COD: advanced warfare ( waiting for a GPU that will be able to play the games :p ), vegas2 ... and i will have to check the ones on your list :)